PDA

View Full Version : Landlubber Guide v0.5

Smaragdadler
07-09-05, 10:51 AM
:ping: Version 0.6 is out. You can find it already in the Download Section at www.subguru.com :ping:

OneShot
07-09-05, 11:51 AM
Ask questions, add stuff and in general talk about the Landlubbers Guide here : DW - Tips & Tricks Vault (http://www.orionwarrior.com/forum/index.php)

Bellman
07-10-05, 12:26 AM
Great idea, superb presentation, fantastic photos and it just gets better and better every issue. :rock:

Just one tiny request from this 'Ink Miser' You know my type I'm so tight I print everything in 'draft'
and recycle everything by printing both sides. :know:

Anyways I have printed out the Landlubbers now about 5 times as I am never sure whether its had changes to the text as well as having new additions. Just a brief summary of any pages affected by changes would suffice - if non then report 'no changes' :yep:

Then I would be in shere Nirvana - my appreciation of your excellent work would soar from 95% to 100% :up:

Thanks again your work is much appreciated. :sunny:

Bellman
07-10-05, 01:11 AM
............of course , naturaly I use the smallest possible print size to make the paper go further -
so I guess I may just have missed something here :lol: :lol:

Yep - RADM Fish I can HEAR you saying - now its his blinking eyes :huh:

Smaragdadler
07-10-05, 04:09 AM
Mmmm. :huh: I have thought about making an table of context and an index for version 1.0. Till now change can be and is every time everywhere. When I would list this all - time to finish next version would at least double.
Till now I try to stay up to date about the different topics and sections and just add, change or bring it more to the point. Thats the reason all is labeled 'prototype'-stile.
So all I can say at this point: sorry at the moment that Landlubber guide is only intented as an online-data collecting file. But it is planed to bring it in a print-ready version, when it is finished.
But thank you very much for your enthusiasm. :D

Smaragdadler
07-10-05, 04:59 AM
Ah, and just for the record: next version (v0.7) is planned for September. :zzz:

Bellman
07-11-05, 01:02 AM
:sunny:
Looking forward to that.

You may find some more useful articles at Harpoon HQ in the Waypoint magazines :-

http://www.harpoonhq.com/waypoint/

The JED (Journal of Electronic Defense) articles of interest :

1.Submarine Sensors come to the Surface.
2.Up periscope up Antenna
3.Pack Hunters.
4.Surface combatants are facing more lethal antiship weapons.

The appropriate permissions to reprint may be required. (?)

Heck dont add em all to Landlubber - think of my ink costs. ;)

Smaragdadler
07-12-05, 12:48 AM
Thank you very much, I will check this out. :up: