PDA

View Full Version : Manning the deck/flak guns

Tinman764
01-27-11, 09:44 PM
Had a look around, but couldn't find an answer to this - sorry if it's been done already :)
Using TMO, am I able to manage my crew in such a way that using the "man the deck gun" or flak gun commands is actually meaningful? So far the only way I can seem to get the guns manned (without manning it myself) is by moving crewmen over to the guns in the crew management page. They then stay there regardless of wether or not the boat is at battle stations, or wether they are supposed to be off duty, until I manually move them back to their watch stations. Giving orders to secure the gun just puts them on maintenance but seems to leave them at the gun as thier duty stations are empty.

cheers
:salute:

razark
01-27-11, 09:53 PM
Using TMO, am I able to manage my crew in such a way that using the "man the deck gun" or flak gun commands is actually meaningful?
No. The way you describe is the only way to get it done. You can load extra crew dedicated to the guns in port, that way you don't have to keep moving them back and forth every time you fight a gun action.

If you do have crew at the gun stations, keep in mind that even if they're not manning their station, they're still there. If you take a depth charge that damages the gun, the crew will be injured. You can avoid that by moving them to the After Battery compartment if you are being attacked.

Tinman764
01-27-11, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the quick reply

:salute:

Ducimus
01-27-11, 10:27 PM
This is a game design issue. Be glad it's only the guns you have to move crewman around on. In SH3, you had to manually move ALL crewman to their bunks to get some shut eye. :88)

Jan Kyster
01-28-11, 05:25 AM
Had a look around, but couldn't find an answer to this...Only just wanting to advertise the TMO 2.0 manual! :D

Besides covering the deckgun crew "issue" there's a lot of cool stuff in it! :up:

Can be found in the Documents section of your download.

Tinman764
01-28-11, 08:02 AM
I swear I read the manual, must have missed it :oops:
As for SH3, thats where I'm moving up from.. SH3cdr is a wonderful thing! hehe