PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] Adding independent engines control

martes86
03-07-10, 08:15 PM
Hi there,

I've been trying stuff, but it seems like I'm barking at the wrong tree.
First off, I tried adding a new command in Commands.cfg
Then, added the corresponding string in Silent Hunter 5\data\LngGameData\Texts\Spanish\Data\Menu\menu.tx t
Also added a new action to the VIIA file crew_commands.txt. Said action was a copy of the ahead_slow action, and seeming how it called both STB and PT engine "humans", it seemed like the right choice to call just one of them to have only one engine affected, as the set_speed.aix file contains "strategies" for both engines, but I don't really know if it's really being called there, or if it's just to make the crew models do animation stuff.
I've also tried modifying the existing action for the regular ahead_slow command, but doesn't work either.

Anyone having any success on this?

Modifications follow:

Commands.cfg
[Commands]
CommandsNb=601

[...]

[Cmd2401]
Name=Starboard_ahead_slow
Contexts=1
StringID=24001
;Key0=0x31,Cs,"Shift+1"
Key0=0x30,Cs,"Shift+0"
HasDelayedExecution=Yes
CommandClass=Speed
Sound_0=ELO_Helm,MC_CR_CHIEF_13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Menu.txt (spanish version)
24001=Estribor avante muy despacio

-------------------------------------------------------------------

crew_commands.txt (Type VIIA)
Starboard_ahead_slow 1 2 3 ( CR_HELM = ss_helmsman, DER_DE_STB01_A = ss_de_stb, CR_CHIEF = ss_chief_eng )
Ahead_slow 1 2 3 ( CR_HELM = ss_helmsman, DER_DE_PORT01 = ss_de_port, CR_CHIEF = ss_chief_eng )

Cheers :rock:

Pumbator
03-23-10, 03:56 AM
Up!

I was doing quite the same thing and - the same method... No effect.
In crew_commands.txt there is a line:

'name - command name. there has to be support for it inside the code. ( new commands can't be added on-the-fly. ) '

And this is quite obvious, because what you (we, 'cos I'm stuck on the same stage) have done was assigning animations and jobs for crew to a command... The interesting thing is, if this will give any realistic effect. Will the turns be quicker?

I wonder if it can be done or is this too deep in the code, help anyone?

TheDarkWraith
03-23-10, 06:09 AM
DIAL_PORT_ENGINE_RPM
DIAL_STARB_ENGINE_RPM

that's even if the game will let you set new values for each one or if it imposes that you change one it will change the other like SH3/4. Annoyed the hell out of me.

Sgtmonkeynads
03-23-10, 06:14 AM
This is sort of implemented, but not shown. Isn't it how the navigator gets the ship to turn faster ? And why the navigator has this and not your engineer - motorman ? Just wondering.

TheDarkWraith
03-23-10, 06:37 AM
This is sort of implemented, but not shown. Isn't it how the navigator gets the ship to turn faster ? And why the navigator has this and not your engineer - motorman ? Just wondering.

good question. I haven't dove into the 'game' per se yet. Just concentrating on UI stuff currently. Once UI is up to snuff then I'll dive into the game itself.

Pumbator
03-23-10, 06:39 AM
If I remember well, in previous SH's the navigator was able to set the rudder to 40, while you with 'hard to port/starboard' got only 35. I may have mistaken games though...

EDIT: After a while of thinking... I remember seeing the rudder dial with the number 40 under it when navigator was making a turn.

gimpy117
03-23-10, 08:16 AM
honestly i don't think its possible to do this. motion (i think) is created by one point. the modders tried to do this in SH4 but failed because its was hard coded.