PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Improved Atlantic Waves

HanSolo78
03-07-10, 02:49 PM
Hi!

Since some of you know me from SH3, I didnīt want to swap to SH5 because of its developement status...
But things change!

So.. here I am again.. and the first thing that bothered me was the bad sea/wave simulation with higher waves and overall height of the waves which seemed too large for habours and more realistic ship behaviour.

This mod changes the sea states and the behaviour of ships/sub to more realistic waves.

Download here:

http://www.filefront.com/15776143/ImprovedWaves_Improved-pitchroll.rar/

EDIT:
I made a video to compare the boat movement: -> Have a look at the bouncing in the stock waves!

EDIT2:
Today I reworked the sim.fiels from the submarines to improve the pitch & roll behaviour and also adjusted the higher waves.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8685/titelan.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRuxvn9aTl8)

ddrgn
03-07-10, 02:50 PM
Good to see you here Hans, thanks for this and I look forward to more of your excellent work!

voidster
03-07-10, 03:00 PM
thank you :)

briklebritt
03-07-10, 03:40 PM
Can you post screenshots to compare?

STRG+F11 works for me :salute:

PL_Andrev
03-07-10, 03:52 PM
Some photos before / after?

pditty8811
03-07-10, 04:44 PM
Hansolo, I know your work very well for SH3. Thanks to you and the rest of the modders that game has come to perfection imho.

I was always downloading your work before but now Ill post and say thanks man.:salute:

ryoga_77
03-07-10, 05:20 PM
Thanks Hans.

'Wishing for a WAC version SH5'

capthelm
03-07-10, 06:48 PM
Hi!

Since some of you know me from SH3, I didnīt want to swap to SH5 because of its developement status...
But things change!

So.. here I am again.. and the first thing that bothered me was the bad sea/wave simulation with higher waves and overall height of the waves which seemed too large for habours and more realistic ship behaviour.

This mod changes the sea states and the behaviour of ships/sub to more realistic waves.

Download here:

http://www.filefront.com/15767919/ImprovedAtlanticWavesSH5.rar/

nice if you added a screen shot to show case your mod.

rsvette12
03-07-10, 06:59 PM
This a very nice mod, thank you. :yeah:

Rich

karamazovnew
03-07-10, 07:13 PM
HanSolo that's AMAZING, almost makes me wanna jump into the water. Superb speed for waves, a LOT more realistic than ever before. Now if someone could find a way to make the sub roll on the waves as well as pitch I'd play the game just to look at the sub :D

U-Bones
03-07-10, 07:18 PM
Excellent, thanks.

Baleur
03-07-10, 07:59 PM
Im sure this mod is really nice, but im soooorry i still cant see a difference XD
Am i blind? Are the waves moving more slowly and graceful?

What exactly is changed, the height of the waves, or the speed, or the actual wave formation/whatever its called? Meh i'll give it a try :)

V.C. Sniper
03-07-10, 08:04 PM
subs on rail since sh3 ugghhh, ruins everything. still nice work

HanSolo78
03-07-10, 08:30 PM
Hi!

I just found a way to use the goblin editor and change the pitch and roll behaviour of the submarines.
Also I just tried with the type VIIA and it looks much better; although the wave mod brings some improvement!

greetings
Han

THE_MASK
03-07-10, 09:01 PM
2nd best mod yet . thanks .
If you can get the subs pitching like in my signiature movie then that would be awesome .

Soviet_Warlord
03-07-10, 09:55 PM
Yeah could you tell us in more detail what this mod changes?

Edit: nevermind, stupid me I should have read the entire first post :P

ironkross
03-07-10, 10:30 PM
2nd best mod yet . thanks .
If you can get the subs pitching like in my signiature movie then that would be awesome .
Wait! What's the best then? I'm going to use this one but the commands change mod has helped me get the most out of the game.

THE_MASK
03-07-10, 10:43 PM
Yeah could you tell us in more detail what this mod changes?

Edit: nevermind, stupid me I should have read the entire first post :P
The stock sub rides like a cork . Much better pitch in this mod .

Baleur
03-08-10, 12:46 AM
I tried this mod but, i dunno. I liked the more realistic waves and such, but overall it made the ocean alot darker for some reason.

Baleur
03-08-10, 12:52 AM
Hi!

I just found a way to use the goblin editor and change the pitch and roll behaviour of the submarines.
Also I just tried with the type VIIA and it looks much better; although the wave mod brings some improvement!

greetings
Han

ETA on that? :D

Mark75
03-08-10, 03:11 AM
Much better compared with the stock version, thanks a lot for this.
:up:

robbythesub
03-08-10, 03:13 AM
Thanks Han- great to see you here too! :up:

Danevang
03-08-10, 03:16 AM
Looks great, but I can't seem to download it from Filefront. It can't find the file, is the link ok?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out it probably was a problem with Filefront, I can download it fine now. :) Now to give it a try...

Armano
03-08-10, 03:40 AM
First of i want to thank you for making this mod. It looks really great (watched the vid).
Is there a possibility that someone uploads this mod somewhere else? I am trying to download it for 40minutes now but for some reason i can't download it from filefront.

Edit: Nevermind it worked in the end :)

herman cucnor
03-08-10, 05:05 AM
still no screenshots... could anybody who already installed the mod post some pictures, please

Nico71
03-08-10, 05:28 AM
Great! Now the boat doesn't look like a lightweight toy any more! :)

THM
03-08-10, 06:56 AM
Awesome! Great contribution!

I will give it a try when at home (currently at work :zzz:).

Cheers!

reaper7
03-08-10, 07:26 AM
Hi!

greetings
Han

You've solved the Sub on Rails issue. Are you releasing a Mod for this. :yeah: Thanks.

sergei
03-08-10, 07:36 AM
Just tried this out. Very nice.

urfisch
03-08-10, 08:11 AM
nice one hans! any chance to have more foam on the waves at 15m/s? -> more breaking waves...and have you tried the max wave height at e.g. 20m/s? -> storm!

;)

kylania
03-08-10, 11:01 AM
still no screenshots... could anybody who already installed the mod post some pictures, please

The video in the OP shows a lot more than a screenshot would.

Baleur
03-08-10, 11:28 AM
I'm so torn on this.. lol

I really like the big beautiful blue transparent waves when unmodded.
But i really like the realistic ship bobbing and slower waves in this mod.

But tbh the wave heights are too low, it looks silly in the middle of the atlantic with a few ripples at 0m/s, there's still turbulence and currents forming waves irl. It almost looks artificial how calm it is sometimes.

And the ocean is just darker for some reason, maby because of the sub-surface scattering, with lower waves there's less "potrouding water" to get light shining through it?
I wish there was a version that ONLY changed the ship / wave motions, not the height or strength of the waves or anything else.

Stevepine
03-08-10, 11:40 AM
This mod has the side effect of stopping you from being able to get depth under the keel reports using the new interface . Just to let you know.

HanSolo78
03-08-10, 02:15 PM
Released a new version now with tweaked sim files from all uboats which should improve roll and pitch further.
Link on the first thread!

Frederf
03-08-10, 02:51 PM
As far as I can tell that this mod really changes how the submarine rides on waves, but it is very difficult to see changes in the waves themselves. However I take your word on it. ^.^

I really like how much less time the submarine spends with its screws out of the water or bouncing upward after a wave like it does in stock. Also the waves don't seem to cover the bridge as much since the boat doesn't bob up and down (at 1000tons, you'd think it'd be hard to move) like it does in stock.

Kromus
03-08-10, 03:58 PM
I don`t know if anyone mention that but when I go to periscope depth "P" sub "falls down" to about 20m and then slowly emerges to 15 meters.

Baleur
03-08-10, 04:02 PM
I just compared the seaparameters.cfg file to the original, just to see what changes u made.
I cant notice a single change? :D
I guess the magic lies in the .sim files? It looks great ingame :salute:

kylania
03-08-10, 04:46 PM
This mod has the side effect of stopping you from being able to get depth under the keel reports using the new interface . Just to let you know.

Which new interface? I use the 3 dials ones and get depth reports (enabled via another mod) just fine while using this mod.

robbythesub
03-08-10, 05:01 PM
Great work Han!

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3880/sh505.jpg

:yeah:

Stevepine
03-09-10, 04:38 PM
Which new interface? I use the 3 dials ones and get depth reports (enabled via another mod) just fine while using this mod.

Im using The DarkWrith's latest UI ... when I deactivated this mod again my Depth under the keel reports started working again.

kylania
03-09-10, 04:40 PM
Im using The DarkWrith's latest UI ... when I deactivated this mod again my Depth under the keel reports started working again.

I've had frequent cases where I lose all voice commands and message log entries. Was that happening to you as well? Like you'd press 2 for slow ahead and you wouldn't hear any voices confirming the change?

Ablemaster
03-09-10, 05:03 PM
Excellent work Hansolo, nice to see youve taken an interest in SH5, loved your work on 3 with WAC, well done mate.

Andy76
03-10-10, 02:43 AM
I don`t know if anyone mention that but when I go to periscope depth "P" sub "falls down" to about 20m and then slowly emerges to 15 meters.

Thank you much for this great mod, but I also cannot "keep" the depth, e. g. when I dive to ordered 40 meters the sub hangs to the back trying to keep depth of 40 meters but still goes further down.
After disabling the mod in the modenabler all has a fine behavior again.

But, I am so keen on using this mod in a final version! :rock:

Many thanks again for your time for this!

Regards,

Andy76

java`s revenge
03-10-10, 03:46 AM
Thank you for another great mod :yeah: