PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Bring back old targeting

Factor
03-06-10, 07:15 PM
I am so frustrated with the new targeting system. Is there anyway the old one can be ported over to SH5. Half the time my numbers or dot connectors are not on the map. They are there one second. And are gone the next. Why did they change it. If i lead a target, torps still run way off. FRUSTRATiNG!:damn:

ReFaN
03-06-10, 08:14 PM
i like this system better to be honest, now i can atleast have some Impact myself as where the torpedo will hit.

and that the dots goes away is because you loose lock, atleast that is what happens for me.

TheDarkWraith
03-06-10, 08:16 PM
I am so frustrated with the new targeting system. Is there anyway the old one can be ported over to SH5. Half the time my numbers or dot connectors are not on the map. They are there one second. And are gone the next. Why did they change it. If i lead a target, torps still run way off. FRUSTRATiNG!:damn:

have patience......:cool:

TopCat
03-07-10, 03:51 AM
I'd really like the old targetting system back! Together with a working TDC as I requested before.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163539

TheDarkWraith
03-07-10, 03:54 AM
I'd really like the old targetting system back! Together with a working TDC as I requested before.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163539

baby steps people....baby steps. Once I get a good UI setup then I'll concentrate on the other items (like this).

Nico09
03-07-10, 12:46 PM
Surely if you have the dots you are on Auto targeting not manual?:o

I have no probs with maual targeting:arrgh!:

java`s revenge
03-09-10, 06:09 AM
The dots etc aren`t realistic.

I want to have the olc/magui back from sh3. (realistic)

And at least the realistic calculations on the map. I don`t want
to have the ughly dots on the map.

That`s my opinion.

SubV
03-09-10, 06:14 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1303830&postcount=84

Snake Man
03-09-10, 06:21 AM
i like this system better to be honest, now i can atleast have some Impact myself as where the torpedo will hit.
You can do that in the old Auto TDC too. Just unlock the periscope/uzo, aim and fire. Torpedo will be targeting the position of the ship where your sights were.

I also for long time just kept auto tdc locked and always "had to" hit ships in the mid point, dunno what video tutorial it was where I discovered I can fire target selected but not "view" locked in my sights.

Anyways.

I want the old targeting system back, this new one is horrible.

SubV
03-09-10, 06:38 AM
The biggest problem with the new auto TDS is the fact you can't hit anything at long distance (1800 meters and above).

This must be fixed ASAP.

Webster
03-09-10, 12:20 PM
i personally dont like doing math and the last thing i want to do is do math in my video games.

if and when i finally buy sh5 i want the old point lock and shoot method back. if i wanted to do math i would go back to school and those absolutely rediculous number dots are something that MUST be eliminated.

step 1 IMO is auto targetting must be automatic so shouldnt that be a simple concept to understand when making the game?

as i see it you only have a choice for simplified manual targetting or fully manual targetting and there is no real auto targetting as the game is now.

i keep telling myself that no matter what, this game will be great after the modders finish it but its hard to stay convinced when so much of the easiest to understand concepts of how things are working in the game tend to be dissappointing.

i only play auto targetting and without a sh3 / sh4 style auto targetting system i can see the game losing its appeal for me

SubV
03-09-10, 12:39 PM
as i see it you only have a choice for simplified manual targetting or fully manual targetting and there is no real auto targetting as the game is now.
Exactly. The 'auto' TDC is quite unusable in its current state. It's even simpler to use the manual targeting instead.
i only play auto targetting and without a sh3 / sh4 style auto targetting system i can see the game losing its appeal for mePlease, say this to Devs. As a moderator of Subsim, you've obviously have some weight, maybe they'll listen to your suggestion.

gimpy117
03-09-10, 02:41 PM
the manual mode is a HUGE leap forward but the auto is an embarrassing step back...

jimimadrid
03-09-10, 03:14 PM
i personally dont like doing math and the last thing i want to do is do math in my video games.

For me the same?
If i want headache, i hit with my head to a wall.

The automatic is a joke. 4 Torpedos and all missed. And this at 900 meters distance.

Bad bad.

java`s revenge
03-09-10, 03:32 PM
I want the olc/magui back :damn:

robbythesub
03-09-10, 04:12 PM
I really dont understand the targetting system at all, and the manual is useless- how on earth does one find out?

denison
03-09-10, 04:19 PM
I'd really like the old targetting system back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:damn::damn::damn::damn::da mn::damn:

Frnocom
03-09-10, 04:20 PM
I for one at least want an indicator that tell the torpedo's gyro angle.

And sombody please port Magui's SH3 GUI over to SH5:D!!!

Baby steps, baby steps.

robbythesub
03-09-10, 04:29 PM
I am glad it is not too easy, just wish I knew how it works!

gimpy117
03-09-10, 04:38 PM
well and the stademeter is completely messed up...where do i take range from? oh i dunno lets play enny meeny miny moe to find out!

one destroyer i use the mast (which i cant see too well anyways because its very hard to see with the current system) and get an estimated speed of 9 knots (which was wrong anyways) and the next i use the same point and get a speed of 79 knots :doh:

denison
03-09-10, 04:56 PM
And it is possible to increase the numbers 1-2-3 in place to make 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 ????

Gato76
03-10-10, 10:07 AM
Webster you can still point and shoot,just tell the weapon officer to turn the TDC OFF

kptn_kaiserhof
03-10-10, 10:44 AM
its that easy is it

Ringy
03-10-10, 11:46 AM
Agreed guys I'm having more luck with the deck gun :( I've had 3 torp hits outa 20+ fired :( Having to resuply is a pain with not much to show for all the torps I've used....................SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Ringy.

Gato76
03-10-10, 12:07 PM
its that easy is it
yes that easy,btw this is with manual targeting,so the game give you two options u do it ur self or tell weapon officer to do it 4 u,i just discover this playing the game today,maybe this is old news but i din't know about it.

kptn_kaiserhof
03-10-10, 12:20 PM
thanks gato 76
im used to the old tdc

szultz
03-10-10, 12:49 PM
yes that easy,btw this is with manual targeting,so the game give you two options u do it ur self or tell weapon officer to do it 4 u,i just discover this playing the game today,maybe this is old news but i din't know about it.
Do I understand it correctly?
So when I choose manual targeting from the options and then turn off TDC I get sh3/sh4 style auto targeting where i point and torpedo (magicaly) hits the ship where my periscope points? And when I turn manual targeting off from the options and turn off TDC I get this stupid connect the dots minigame?

Edit: I tried switching to manual targeting and I still get connect the points auto targeting, so what did you mean?

Gato76
03-10-10, 02:41 PM
As soon as you tell the weapon officer to turn off the tdc lock on the target and u will see those realistic icons,the red yellow and green triangles on the periscope,just fire away

utops
03-10-10, 03:06 PM
Nope,this is not working,from tutorial i saw by malkuth 74,you must connect the dots 1 to 1 of the ship for close distance 2 goes for medium and 3 for long and by long i mean 1800m HEHE.
Triangle is useless.
In Sh3/4 you simply can point on the specific part of the vessel and los eel,thats it.

bigboywooly
03-10-10, 04:09 PM
Does indeed turn yellow and green but not hit anything using the green
Doesnt marry up with the dots when have tried it
Get better results with DG but wont be able to use that forever
:rotfl2:

EgoApocalypse
03-10-10, 04:30 PM
Dots thingy are a pain.....you have to be on top of the ship to fire off.

And I aint into learning math for the manual.........SH is my time to chill not calculate,

Sry, Im lazy after a days work.:cool:

Phoenix3000
03-10-10, 04:41 PM
Hi guys,

I replied to something similar in another thread. Here's my post with a link to a TDC I would love to see in SH5!

Px3000

Hi guys, having now played SH5 I couldn't agree with you more!

I was looking through Youtube and came across this video of an attack periscope mod - with TDC controls etc. for SH4 U-Boat Missions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5DV...response_watch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5DVOPHD78&feature=response_watch)

Watch the vid in full to see all the extras like the AOB calculator etc.

This would look great in SH5! :yeah:

Px3000

java`s revenge
03-10-10, 04:46 PM
That`s the realistic olc gui i am screaming for :wah:

szultz
03-10-10, 04:55 PM
As soon as you tell the weapon officer to turn off the tdc lock on the target and u will see those realistic icons,the red yellow and green triangles on the periscope,just fire away
This is only working when the target is not moving. When target is moving you'll have to shoot ahead of the target in order to hit. This is represented by little number icons, you'll have to connect matching numbers. Although I have no problem hitting targets with this method in ranges up to 1500 m (9 out of 10), it's nearly impossible to hit a target beyond 2500 m and its hard to control where the torpedo hits (bow or stern). In 1939 a have no problem of getting up close and personal with lonely merchants, but later on it will become simply suicide.

SubV
03-13-10, 09:45 AM
The old SH3/4 targeting is still working in SH5. Read this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1312640#post1312640 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1312640&postcount=55)

EgoApocalypse
03-13-10, 11:06 AM
The old SH3/4 targeting is still working in SH5. Read this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1312640#post1312640 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1312640&postcount=55)

Hmm wil defo look at that..............My head was wrecked with that Dot thingy,