PDA

View Full Version : No Hydrophone on Surface

sergei
03-03-10, 11:05 PM
Anyone interested in this?
I've tweaked it in my game so the hydrophone only works when you are submerged.

Highbury
03-03-10, 11:09 PM
I'd be interested in any tweak you have :)

I am compiling all the little ones so far into what I call the SHV Playability Mod for use on my end lol. Maybe a moderator should consider a sticky that lists all of the smaller mods and tweaks. There are always bound to be alot of little ones early on.

sergei
03-03-10, 11:18 PM
OK Highbury, I'm about done for the night here.
I'll PM you tomorrow with the file. :DL

CCIP
03-03-10, 11:36 PM
Oh very. Please upload it. I kind of failed to find the sensor file myself - tried tweaking that very thing out last night.

etheberge
03-03-10, 11:42 PM
Yes Sergei I'm sure a lot of people would be interested, me included. There's so much to fix every little bit helps.

Fragmate
03-04-10, 10:00 AM
Excellent idea. Let us know when it`s gonna be available. Thanks for your work!

The General
03-04-10, 10:57 AM
Me too! Did later war u-boats have Hydrophones that could detect surface vessels while surfaced?

Sailor Steve
03-04-10, 12:37 PM
Not that I'm aware of. The earliest array was a set of sensors around the bow, so they were subject to water disturbance. The one that rotates was mounted to the deck, so when surfaced it wasn't in the water at all.

US boats had it mounted under the keel.

gutted
03-04-10, 12:41 PM
Ummm, i was under the impression that it already does not work on the surface. It even tells you so in-game, when you hover your mosue over it.

Though i play with map contacts off, so maybe you are right. I've been diving everytime i want to use it.