PDA

View Full Version : What`s wrong in this picture?

Te Kaha
01-31-09, 09:29 AM
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/Te_Kaha/Captains_Office.jpg

:D

lurker_hlb3
01-31-09, 10:04 AM
I noted that you changed the chart.

Paul Roberts
01-31-09, 10:11 AM
Well, if you're in the North Atlantic, you might as well change the window shades, too. That tropical theme is *so* 1926.

Te Kaha
01-31-09, 03:58 PM
Yes, the chart. This stuff here is no big deal at all, a simple and fast crude adaption. But I was just sick of looking at the Indian Ocean map when playing a Ops Monsun Atlantic campaign.

I'll see what I can do about the landscape outside the window.

Also, the sunny light over the drawer on the left just doesn't look right to me - if at all, it should be visible only over the top row of drawers, and not the lower ones as well.

Can't help it, I'm a eye candy buff...

bigboywooly
01-31-09, 05:51 PM
Nice one
Looks a lot better

Sledgehammer427
01-31-09, 06:54 PM
nice one with the chart!

and if the sun is coming in at the right angle, say...15 degrees to the left of your perspective, you will get that effect (saw it today, actually:know: )

Te Kaha
01-31-09, 08:05 PM
Okay when the sun is fine with you, it should be fine for me also.

Latest version of the office has grey walls now, and I've found the CaptainRoom_Background.dds which is loaded for the landscape outside the window. If I find a coloured picture of some odd u-boat bunker, I will use that one instead.

Seawolve44
01-31-09, 08:19 PM
I also see that on the calender on the desk shows Sept. 2 1939. Which was only 1 day after Germany invaded Poland. And thats when the Type IIs where the mainstay of the Kriegsmarines Uboot fleets at that time, before the VIICs, and way before the time the Type IXs came into service. And the pacific bases are well out of range for any of the german U-boots at that time. So the Germans would not have U-boots in the Pacific yet. So get rid of the "tropical beach" view out the window. Add a view of the Uboat pens, minus the blinds, and bungalow style fan. ;)

-seawolve44

Carotio
01-31-09, 09:39 PM
Something along this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140536

:03:

Te Kaha
01-31-09, 10:08 PM
If I would have known about your work, it'd have saved me some time :DL

In other words, I will use yours in my OM install, instead of doing it all over again just to get about the same results.

Carotio
01-31-09, 10:29 PM

In other words, I will use yours in my OM install, instead of doing it all over again just to get about the same results.

It ain't my work, but the things you described was just ringing a bell for me, so I searched the thread, so you and others might could have a look before modding yourself.

Sea Otters work is not bad.

That I have modded that particular area myself too is of course another matter.

Well, you can have a look and then decide if you wanna do it too, in a slightly different manner or whatever... :03:

bigboywooly
02-01-09, 09:08 AM

The map looks better in yours
Less clutterd
Mater of choice tho :up:

urfisch
02-01-09, 05:09 PM
good one...

:up:

i recently had the interest in changing this room. but its data is stored in 3d-files. i didnt work on this topic since month. maybe i will give it another try...

Te Kaha
02-03-09, 09:33 AM
If you know a way to get completely rid of the fan, I'm all ears.

DarkFish
02-03-09, 09:54 AM
If you know a way to get completely rid of the fan, I'm all ears.You mean something like this?:)

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/DF_3852/CRNofan.jpg

Te Kaha
02-03-09, 10:25 AM
Exactly. :up:

How did you do it?

DarkFish
02-03-09, 02:06 PM
I made the blades invisible.
The shaft shared a model with the desk, so I had to manually delete it from the 3d model.

Dowly
03-10-09, 05:10 AM
That's cool.:yeah:

Only one question. :hmmm:

Can the sunbeams be fixed? The two on the very bottom look like they are coming out of the filecabinet.

Te Kaha
03-10-09, 01:18 PM
I thought so too, but see Sledgehammer's reply (post #6), this effect can happen.

It can be edited, though. I am still at it, DarkFish sent me his file which eliminates the fan, and the office now has grey walls, the "outside world" is now a blue sky only, and currently I am working also on the transfer screen background picture - which originally shows a map of Sumatra/SE Thailand/Malaysia - want to change it to a Atlantic theme.

But I am a slow worker, patience please.