PDA

View Full Version : Is there a workaround for...

starvingartist507
06-01-07, 12:18 AM
Hey I installed Real Fleet Boat, love it to pieces. I can't say enough good about the realism. But I noticed a few problems:

1. Destroyers sink themself with depth charges. I read that was a game problem, not a mod problem. So its not your fault, but is there a fix for that?

2. The "estimate range to contact" button (under the sonar menu) only returns the range you estimated using the perisope, but if you are actually at the sonar station, it will return the correct range. Again, a game problem I think, but is there a mod that fixes it?

3. I noticed merchant ships will still "stall out" occasionally. When first detected, merchies have a tendancy to stop dead and attempt (usually without success) to start zig-zagging.

For problem 3, Do I need to install the Nematodes Merchant Horsepower Fix on top of Real FLeet Boat?? I know little about installing mods for this game, so I've been doing it like I do for all other games, just unzip, then copy. Will that ruin anything if I install that particular mod?

Brigs
06-01-07, 08:04 AM
I know little about installing mods for this game, so I've been doing it like I do for all other games, just unzip, then copy. Will that ruin anything if I install that particular mod?

I don't know the answers to your questions but, for installing mods, I've never seen anything better than a program called JSGME. You'll find it in the mods section. One of the nice features of this mod installer is that it will give you a warning if the mod you're currently installing may ruin something that was previously installed.

SteamWake
06-01-07, 08:28 AM
1. Destroyers sink themself with depth charges. I read that was a game problem, not a mod problem. So its not your fault, but is there a fix for that?

Huh Ive never witnessed or heard this one.

starvingartist507
06-01-07, 07:14 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115911