PDA

View Full Version : This game is screwed up!

Subnuts
04-22-07, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone!

I bought and installed SH4 this weekend, hoping that I'd once again be able to recreate the fantastic Atlantic battles that were the most important part of World War II. Unfortunately, something is horribly wrong with SH4. This is the least accurate depiction of the U-boat war I've ever seen!

I knew something was wrong the minute I started a new campaign and couldn't start before December 1941. I was even more perplexed when I was assigned a bizarre "S" type submarine, which bares no resemblance to any U-boat I know of and doesn't have any aft torpedo tubes. I started out at "Manila," a base in the "phillypeenes." I was even more confused when I saw ships flying American flags in the harbor, and when I looked at the navigation screen the ocean I was in looked nothing like the Atlantic!

I left Manila, and decided to sink a few of the American ships. I entered the command room and noticed that none of my crew were wearing German uniforms! All of the labels on the controls were in some bizarre non-Germanic language, and my crew were speaking in a bizarre gibberish language I'd never heard. I sank one of the American destroyers, got bored, and returned to base. For some reason I was hauled away and court-martialed for sinking what I thought was one of the enemy's ships! An enemy ship that was sitting in my harbor!

I also noticed that the ships I were supposed to be sinking were the ones flying white flags with red circles on them. They didn't look British to me at all. One of their destroyers rammed me and shot me to pieces with it's guns. It turns out those ships were JAPANESE! Germany's ALLIES during World War II? Why the HELL did they shoot at ME and WHY am I supposed to sink THEM?!!!

This game sucks. The developers obviously never saw U-571, or else they'd know what the real U-boat war was like! :shifty:

sqk7744
04-22-07, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone!

I bought and installed SH4 this weekend, hoping that I'd once again be able to recreate the fantastic Atlantic battles that were the most important part of World War II. Unfortunately, something is horribly wrong with SH4. This is the least accurate depiction of the U-boat war I've ever seen!

I knew something was wrong the minute I started a new campaign and couldn't start before December 1941. I was even more perplexed when I was assigned a bizarre "S" type submarine, which bares no resemblance to any U-boat I know of and doesn't have any aft torpedo tubes. I started out at "Manila," a base in the "phillypeenes." I was even more confused when I saw ships flying American flags in the harbor, and when I looked at the navigation screen the ocean I was in looked nothing like the Atlantic!

I left Manila, and decided to sink a few of the American ships. I entered the command room and noticed that none of my crew were wearing German uniforms! All of the labels on the controls were in some bizarre non-Germanic language, and my crew were speaking in a bizarre gibberish language I'd never heard. I sank one of the American destroyers, got bored, and returned to base. For some reason I was hauled away and court-martialed for sinking what I thought was one of the enemy's ships! An enemy ship that was sitting in my harbor!

I also noticed that the ships I were supposed to be sinking were the ones flying white flags with red circles on them. They didn't look British to me at all. One of their destroyers rammed me and shot me to pieces with it's guns. It turns out those ships were JAPANESE! Germany's ALLIES during World War II? Why the HELL did they shoot at ME and WHY am I supposed to sink THEM?!!!

This game sucks. The developers obviously never saw U-571, or else they'd know what the real U-boat war was like! :shifty:
---
April 1st was 21 days ago ;) ~but I see what you're doing and I like it!

OK, I'll bite...

<SQK7744_RANT=ON>
"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

And U-571 was WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Das Boot. I mean, com'on people...
I'll take a bubble-gum, Classically Trained Eye Candy, balance sheet centric, B-Movie over creative, historical content anyday. In fact, they should remake Das Boot, Red October and Run Silent Run Deep with Ben Affleck, Orlando Bloom and Fabio!" (cue the three heckler's heads at the bottom of the screen ala MST3K)
</SQK7744_RANT=OFF>

Subsim Monitor
04-28-07, 02:26 AM
Merits a bump :)

Karl-Heinz Jaeger
04-28-07, 02:44 AM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Camaero
04-28-07, 02:51 AM
:up:

Scoochy
04-28-07, 03:10 AM
Imagine MY surprise when I found out there was no runway for my dive planes! How can my planes dive if I can't even take off! Totally undermodelled....How UBi could release a product in this state is beyond me. :arrgh!:

If a car salesman did the same thing, we could sue him! totall rubish.

Sailor Steve
04-28-07, 10:39 AM
Dive planes!:rotfl:

And Subnuts complaining the devs probably never saw U-571!:rotfl: I certainly hope they didn't see Pearl Harbor!

I can't wait till I get the game so I can take Nautilus to the North Pole! Umm, that is modelled, isn't it? Triton around the world underwater?

TheBrauerHour
04-28-07, 10:50 AM
:rotfl:

LMAO You guys are killing me!!!!!!

Rhodes
04-28-07, 11:02 AM
:rotfl: :up: :rotfl:

This thread has future!!!

Herr Karl
04-28-07, 01:21 PM
Excellent analogy!!

:up:

AVGWarhawk
04-28-07, 01:31 PM
which bares no resemblance to any U-boat I know of and doesn't have any aft torpedo tubes.

And here I though Doenitz had sent my u-boat to the custom body and paint shop....this is what they came up with;)

Catfish
04-28-07, 05:30 PM
Hello,
wrong flags everywhere, Manila and japanese allies shooting at "us". This sim must be even more buggy than the Sims lol. Phillypeenes and Sugar boats ? I hesitated, but when i read this post i knew i will have to get this sim :lol:
Unfortunately i spent so much time in improving, changing configurations and modding SH3 beyond any recognition with all those phantastic mods the crew from Subsim created, that i never made it through a whole career in SH3 yet. And then there's still "Dangerous waters".
Greetings,
Catfish

Fearless
04-28-07, 05:46 PM
Bugga,,, I thought this was a Russian nuclear sub game :lol:

Sulikate
04-28-07, 05:55 PM
:rotfl::rotfl:

Nice one mate:arrgh!:

Kapitan_Phillips
04-28-07, 05:57 PM
This is a piece of crap. My orders are repeated in an american accent! WTF?! Where's my translation option! What the fudge am I doing in the Pacific, huh? Not enough coffee, devs? Too many late nights? Get it right!

I dont even know WHAT these U-Boats are supposed to be. They look american! wtfomg! Patch! There better be one!

:arrgh!:

mookiemookie
04-28-07, 07:12 PM
When I tried to dock at Penang to end my patrol, they started shooting at me! For the love of the Fatherland, don't they recognize a brave Grey Wolf kaleun when they see one? :doh:

Iron Budokan
04-28-07, 07:49 PM
Funny stuff! :rotfl:

AVGWarhawk
04-28-07, 08:14 PM
Not to mention I was to be served brauts and saurkraut for dinner and I got franks and beans....what the heck is franks and beans. Not only that, the can said 'Made in New York City!!!!:shifty: Cookie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beery
04-28-07, 08:16 PM
It's not completely screwed-up. If you look closely at the captain's notepad in the S-class boats you'll see it has orders in German from Doenitz to the KaLeun. At least they got that right.

longam
04-28-07, 08:18 PM
New Show on BBC: PIMP MY SUB

SteamWake
04-28-07, 08:49 PM
The "Phillypeens" :rotfl:

jerryt
04-30-07, 02:23 PM
Ya! And vat is sis Spam?

kakemann
04-30-07, 02:24 PM
:rotfl: