PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] ...remove the plastic hardhats

bunkerratt
03-27-07, 03:20 PM
yes you have seen them on merchant crews...the bright blue and green plastic hardhats...only about 30 yrs too early....well funded research and development...right up there with the anti-erosion spikes....but the mouse pad is bug free

Gildor
03-27-07, 04:34 PM
What are you talking about? Hard hats were around before WW2. They were in use during the contruction of Hoover Dam in the 1930s.

The first Hard Hat was patented in 1912.

joea
03-27-07, 04:43 PM
Ah yes, another "historical mistake" found not to be a mistake at all.

Madox58
03-27-07, 04:51 PM
but the mouse pad is bug free

:huh: :hmm: :nope:
I didn't get no mouse pad. :damn:
Would that be a "bug"?
:rotfl:

bunkerratt
03-27-07, 06:09 PM
yes hardhats were around...BUT..not bright green and blue...try brown or silver....if worn at all ...and the hardhats at hoverdam were not true in the sense...they were for the most part made on site and used layered cloth and resins....or if lucky enough they owned a real METAL skidlid.......i challange anyone to find me a color pic from ww2 with bright green and blue brainbuckets?.....thats my point...as in the other req...when did concreate spike anti erosion spikes come into use? ....yeah i thought so

Bort
03-27-07, 10:19 PM
Although this is a very pressing issue in need of attention, I believe that there are more things that need to be modified before we can get down to the fine tuning of hardhats and their historical uses.

By the way, I don't believe the widespread use of ellipses came into effect until around 1892. :lol: Just playing.