PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Harder to destroy sub equipment

Ducimus
03-26-07, 01:14 PM
Iive created this test modlet if anyone wants to give it a whirl. All it does is.
a.) doubles thie hitpoints on various equipment (IE, 100 hps changed to 200 hitpoints)
b.) increases hitpoints on various comparments. For example i noticed some compartments were listed as having 200 hitpoints where in SH3/GWX they would have 400 htpoints.

So what you have here, is basically in theory, a tougher submarine (as it is now its mroe fragile then an eggshell), and less equipment being destroyed (destroyed means it cannot be repaired):

http://www.ducimus.net/sh4/Sub_equipment_test.7z

Ive tested damage control with it, seems to work fine, but im not 100% positive the settings couldnt use anym ore adjustments - hence i consider this a test version. At any rate, it coudlnt hurt your game by using it. Infact, it can only help, and you most certainly will not have a tank for a submarine.

Also note that catastrpohic damage seems to be just that, catastrophic. If you get a massive bomb hit from a plane, or stay at crush depth too long, doesn't seem to matter what you do, your sunk. I make this observation based on upping the hitpoints of various compartments and equipment. Even with a tougher sub, doesnt matter. If your main pump gets destroyed and you've taken on enough water to alter your boyancy to negative, your hosed. No pump, no water removal.

Im also theorizing that if you have major damage to a bulkhead (im guessing this means you have a big hole with water coming in), combined with a wrecked main pump, kiss it bye bye.

waste gate
03-26-07, 02:42 PM
I'm giving it a go!

Thanks Ducimus
Cheers

FAdmiral
03-26-07, 03:09 PM
Thanks, any mod that brings SH4 closer to how SH3 ended up with all
its mods will be one that I will definately use...

JIM