PDA

View Full Version : [TEC]Guys Please Help A Radio Challenged Captain

Col.Jimbo
03-25-07, 08:59 PM
Back again with the same question. I don't know why I am having such a hard time with the radio and do apoligize for my relentless questions but I sure do need some serious help. Here goes....

I cannot change the radio frequencies with the dials on the left and right side of the radio in order to fine tune the desired frequency. My cursor changes to that in which you can drag the radio pannel around on the screen only. Thus I cannot tune into frequency 30 for the CBS mod. I can scan using the forward and backward buttons but can't stop it on frequency 30. What in the world am I doing wrong fellas and do I need to uninstall and start over maybe? Also while on the subject of the radio, I get a message from the radar operator telling me that a contact has been established bearing 210 degrees at medium range but when I go to the radar station I cannot get the radar to turn on by clicking the on/off buttons. The radar screen is blank. Iam on the surface by the way. Any help for this obviously chalenged commander is MUCH appreciated. Thanks for your time and above all your patience. :oops:

Jimbo

nvdrifter
03-25-07, 09:38 PM
Back again with the same question. I don't know why I am having such a hard time with the radio and do apoligize for my relentless questions but I sure do need some serious help. Here goes....

I cannot change the radio frequencies with the dials on the left and right side of the radio in order to fine tune the desired frequency. My cursor changes to that in which you can drag the radio pannel around on the screen only. Thus I cannot tune into frequency 30 for the CBS mod. I can scan using the forward and backward buttons but can't stop it on frequency 30. What in the world am I doing wrong fellas and do I need to uninstall and start over maybe? Also while on the subject of the radio, I get a message from the radar operator telling me that a contact has been established bearing 210 degrees at medium range but when I go to the radar station I cannot get the radar to turn on by clicking the on/off buttons. The radar screen is blank. Iam on the surface by the way. Any help for this obviously chalenged commander is MUCH appreciated. Thanks for your time and above all your patience. :oops:

Jimbo

It sounds like your radio mods are not properly installed. Go into your \Data\Sound\Radio directory and look for the radio.ini file. It should have these lines in it:

[CHANNEL]
Name=CBS NEWS
Folder=CBS NEWS
Freq=30
Antenna=01.01.1930-01.01.2000:34.05,-118.22:100000

If not, you need to copy and paste it into your radio.ini file.

About the radar.. I have no idea.

Col.Jimbo
03-25-07, 09:40 PM
Thank you nvdrifter. I appreciate your help and thank you for all of your hard work with the excellent mods you produce.

Jimbo

nvdrifter
03-25-07, 09:47 PM
Thank you nvdrifter. I appreciate your help and thank you for all of your hard work with the excellent mods you produce.

Jimbo
Always glad to help. Please let us know if you solved your radio problem. :D