PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Someone to make a crew voice mod

Onkel Neal
03-22-07, 02:37 PM
[REQ] Someone to make a crew voice mod

Hey guys, I would like to make a mod that replace the "torpedo in the water" voice file with me saying "Torpedo running hot, straight, and normal". That's one of my favorite sub phrases. Who can help me? I can record the voice file and send it to you.

Many thanks,
Neal

danlisa
03-22-07, 02:43 PM
Neal, send away!

EDIT - How do you want it?:p JSGME ready or just a standard file replacement?

Dowly
03-22-07, 02:55 PM
Should be easy task. Can I have it too??? I mean the finished thing! ;)

danlisa
03-22-07, 03:11 PM
Neal, I'm going to need 3 versions. Loud, Normal & Whisper:D

Flybywire
03-22-07, 11:59 PM
Neil, maybe this also?

was wondering if someone could make a sound mod for SH4? As Das Boot was to SH3...maybe Run Silent Run Deep will be to SH4. What if we could have a sound for crash dive like in the movie...when Clark Gabel would yell, "Dive...Dive" when the claxon goes off.

P_Funk
03-23-07, 07:04 AM
But wouldn't that sound stupid if it said all that and you watched it veer off into a totally wrong direction?:p

Flybywire
03-23-07, 09:15 AM
P Funk,

Not sure what you are saying or asking? Did you see the movie Run Silent Run Deep? It is one of the "great" sub movies.

P_Funk
03-23-07, 09:46 AM
P Funk,

Not sure what you are saying or asking? Did you see the movie Run Silent Run Deep? It is one of the "great" sub movies.
I mean to imply that it would be pretty silly if you had your man say "Torpedo running hot, straight, and normal" when you buggered up the calculations and it went all haywire. I've sent torps off in the wrong direction before. Once even to the wrong side of the AoB.:doh: More like hot crooked and normal.

But of course I saw tha movie. I practically live off of the History channel.

In retrospect probably not the best joke...:hmm:

Dowly
03-23-07, 10:01 AM
P_Funk, we are talking about the Neal here! His torpedos are always going straight! Even if it doesnt go straight, Neal picks up the target ship and drops it to the torpedos track. :rotfl:

Onkel Neal
03-23-07, 07:08 PM
P Funk,

I mean to imply that it would be pretty silly if you had your man say "Torpedo running hot, straight, and normal" when you buggered up the calculations and it went all haywire. I've sent torps off in the wrong direction before. Once even to the wrong side of the AoB.:doh: More like hot crooked and normal.

But of course I saw tha movie. I practically live off of the History channel.

In retrospect probably not the best joke...:hmm:

Lol, that's what Dan said when I told him the "Torpedo in the water" is for enemy torpedoes. He knew that, of course, but currently there's no fix, there is no "Circular run!" tag. So when the new sonar guy calls out "Torpedo running hot, straight, and normal" it will be wrong only when a circular run is occuring. But then again, I never claimed to be a reall diligent sonar man. I get in a rut, you know, calling out "Torpedo running hot, straight, and normal" over and over....I tend to just parrot it out. I said I like the phrase ;)

I'll send you what you need tonight, thanks. You guys rock :rock:

Onkel Neal
03-23-07, 07:10 PM
P_Funk, we are talking about the Neal here! His torpedos are always going straight! Even if it doesnt go straight, Neal picks up the target ship and drops it to the torpedos track. :rotfl:

:lol: I wish

Sulikate
03-23-07, 07:14 PM
The crew is too quiet for me too. This mod would be welcome:yep:

(BTW, I think we're gonna need Grey Wolves in SHIV, I miss it:cry:)

Mylander
03-23-07, 08:13 PM
On a related note, I remember in the books before they dove, there was a command "Green Board, DIVE!", meaning that the "christmas tree" was all green and all hatches were closed. Bummer to dive and remember someone forgot to dog a hatch somewhere.

Thanks,
Mylander

donut
03-23-07, 09:09 PM
Onkel,you mentioned Circle runners,I've had two. Sonar said nada! needed alarm of some type.:ping:

Old Dog
03-23-07, 09:58 PM
Mylander,

"Bummer to dive and remember someone forgot to dog a hatch somewhere."

Remember the "Squalus" ? It wasn't a hatch that someone forgot to dog, the main induction hatch failed apparently. The results were a bummer though.

You want both sad and ironic, take a look at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Squalus
for the relationship between the "Squalus" and her sister ship, "USS Sculpin".

Fair winds and a following sea,
Old Dog

Kapitan_Phillips
03-24-07, 09:26 AM
Neal, go ahead and send it to me too, I'll have a go :)

And referring to Dowly's comment: Neal Stevens: The New Chuck Norris? :rotfl:

Dowly
03-24-07, 09:31 AM
Neal Stevens: The New Chuck Norris? :rotfl:

Yeh, thatīs what I had in mind. The Chuck Norris of SubSims. :rotfl:

Kapitan_Phillips
03-24-07, 12:06 PM
"Neal Stevens once sank two Japanese cruisers with a single torpedo. Not possible, you say? The Japanese didnt think so either. "

"Torpedoes never malfunction on Neals' submarine. They're just too scared"

"Neal Stevens once caused a mighty stir in international relations. The Japanese tend to get miffed when you use a sampan as a toothpick"

I'll shut up. :p

Onkel Neal
03-24-07, 12:33 PM
hah hah, you rock. I'm going to make my girlfriend read this, then she'll truly appreciate me.

Dowly
03-24-07, 01:01 PM
hah hah, you rock. I'm going to make my girlfriend read this, then she'll truly appreciate me.

Check your mail, Chuck! ;)

Mylander
03-24-07, 07:45 PM
Mylander,

"Bummer to dive and remember someone forgot to dog a hatch somewhere."

Remember the "Squalus" ? It wasn't a hatch that someone forgot to dog, the main induction hatch failed apparently. The results were a bummer though.

You want both sad and ironic, take a look at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Squalus
for the relationship between the "Squalus" and her sister ship, "USS Sculpin".

Fair winds and a following sea,
Old Dog

Wow, that was a sad/ironic fest. I was around Charleston when they found/raised the CSS Hunley. There are some good books about her too. Submarines and Sacrifice if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the interesting link!

Mylander

FAdmiral
03-24-07, 09:19 PM
I'd like to see someone make a good set of voices mod for this game.
In the US Navy on board ships/boats, you say Aye-Aye Sir, not Yes
Sir like in the game. ALSO for an opening movie shot when the game
first installs, I'd like to see an American Sub with full crew on deck
going by the camera with "Anchors Aweigh" playing. It would get the
player really syked up before he plays...

JIM

Madox58
03-24-07, 09:48 PM
@Neal,
digging through every file in SH4, I am AMAZED how many times I find your
name and SubSIm mentioned!!! :o

How much did that cost you?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think everyone here has the
"If Neal asks, He receives!"
additude with only one problem!

We just CAN'T do it FAST enuff!! :o
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank you SIR, for a wonderful site and all!!

PS I'm headed for Texas again soon, any chance to shake your hand?
I PROMISE to wash mine first!!!
:rotfl:

Dude
03-25-07, 06:31 AM
I have the movie "Run Silent Run Deep".

I will try to extract some sounds and phrases-speeches and I will try to upload it to you guys in order to prepare a mod like this.

When I find some time from my work I''ll do it

Flybywire
03-25-07, 09:51 AM
Check t his thread please and give a hand on this...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108671

As Das Boot was to SH3...maybe Run Silent Run Deep will be to SH4.

Here are my findings watching RSRD in DVD format (those are times on your DVD player so you can easily find the scene),

When on the surface and dive to scope depth...use 16:22-16:53 (this is a good one so you don't have those bombs exploding as with the current one.

Two alternatives that could also be used are found at 25:50-26:30 and 1:21:30-1:21:45.

I know you already have a Crash Dive from the surface and I think this may be the one you used found at...1:31:03-1:31:25.

Another interesting Crash Dive was use when "below" the surface found at 1:23:20-1:23:25.

All hands to General Quarters can be found at 21:22-22:10.

Rig for Silent running can be found at 1:24-30-1:24:40.

Silent Running "All Stop" found at 1:26:00.

Emergency Surface found at 26:45-27:20.

Standard Surface order from scope depth 1:16:40-1:16:48 or 1:27:50-1:28:00.

Onkel Neal
03-25-07, 02:06 PM
@Neal,
digging through every file in SH4, I am AMAZED how many times I find your
name and SubSIm mentioned!!! :o

How much did that cost you?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think everyone here has the
"If Neal asks, He receives!"
additude with only one problem!

We just CAN'T do it FAST enuff!! :o
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank you SIR, for a wonderful site and all!!

PS I'm headed for Texas again soon, any chance to shake your hand?
I PROMISE to wash mine first!!!
:rotfl:

Well, I provide the site but you and all the guys who read the articles, buy the games, make the mods, help each other, train the new guys, and in short, make up the community--you guys make this possible.:up:

You know, I was talking to a game producer last Dec, and he said that the simulation market is dead, except for MS flight sims, and submarine/naval sims, and he said that the submarimes sim market is alive only because of Subsim. I quickly pointed out that the Romanians and their groundbreaking work on SH3 kept the genre alive and he said SH3 would have never been born, even considered if SH2 had not sold so well (despite being a sub-par sim, no pun intended), and Subsim was largely responsible for making SH2 successful.

I'm proud to be part of this community and I'm very grateful to all you level-headed skippers who will support Silent Hunter, improve it, and make it successful. :yep:

Neal

Joe S
04-01-07, 09:35 PM
With the help of my son Mario I was able to modify the RSRD crew speech that says Torpedo one running hot, strainght and normal. It now goes like this:"torpedo running hot, straignt and normal".

I didnt like hearing "torpedo Number one" five times in a row,If someone knows how to upload I will e-mail it to you. Joe S

Shadow9216
04-02-07, 07:49 AM
Operation Pacific with John Wayne has some good audio- I don't have it on DVD though.