PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] MOD needed for slowing down clouds and free-cam.

The General
03-22-07, 01:09 PM
MOD for slowing down clouds and creating inertia for the free-view camera needed.

Cloud formation and movement in SH4 happens way too quickly.

In SH3 & 4 the camera whips around space too quickly, especially under water. Is there anybody out there talented enough to pull off adding inertia too the camera? Ideally the camera's movement would slow dramatically when you plunge it into the water.

Cheers!

Seeadler
03-23-07, 08:59 AM
I understand now straight a little bit how the cloud shaders work.

It somewhat like a puzzle game to integrate those shader fragments into my shader framework and test them in FX Composer to see what things a function is doing.

monsoonrat
03-23-07, 03:38 PM
I opened up the fx files using notepad and messed around with some of the instructions, I when I changed the vs.fx settings, the clouds got closer and less volume, but it did not stop the speed (navigation training). At one point, I completely made the clouds, haze go away (kinda weird look to the surroundings). Next I messed with the Ps.fx file and actually made the sky overcast, which seems to make the fast clouds transitions go away or alot less noticible. I will continue to mess with these files and report my findings...