PDA

View Full Version : SS-N-22 Sunburn.

Fish
02-14-07, 10:37 AM
I don't follow the modding very much so forgive if this is askt already. :oops:

Is it posible to make a landbased sam launcher that launch the sunburn?
Would be nice, now Iran has the missile.

The 3M82 "Mosquito" missiles have the fastest flying speed among all antiship missiles in today's world. It reaches Mach 3 at a high altitude and its maximum low-altitude speed is M2.2, triple the speed of the American Harpoon. The missile takes only 2 minutes to cover its full range and manufacturers state that 1-2 missiles could incapacitate a destroyer while 1-5 missiles could sink a 20000 ton merchantman. An extended range missile, 9M80E is now available.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/moskit.htm

LuftWolf
02-14-07, 10:39 AM
Sure.

In fact, I definately need to expand the list of land-based units in general. Thanks for the heads up.

Good to hear from you Fish! :)

Cheers,
David

Fish
02-14-07, 01:58 PM
Sure.

In fact, I definately need to expand the list of land-based units in general. Thanks for the heads up.

Good to hear from you Fish! :)

Cheers,
David

You won't see me, but I am never far away David. :cool:

Kapitan
02-18-07, 02:54 PM
If you have seen a sunburn in real life (models can be publicly seen) then you will know a nuclear sunburn just one missile would sink a cruiser and 2 or 3 could do serious or even sink a carrier.

Conventional just one missile could mission kill a destroyer and do severe damage to a carrier redering the flight deck inoprable so what you got there is one carrier that could only possibly use helo's.

Sunburn is also about 3 or 4 times larger than the tomahawk and weighs alot more (hence why no SSN's carry it its just too large.

Just some useful info.