PDA

View Full Version : 688(I)H/K ques. about manual(+DW ESM)

12-28-06, 02:42 PM
Is there a manual for this sub sim? I have the Naval Warfare Pack with Fleet Command and F/A-18. I believe this is the Gold Edition. I'm not at my apt. so I don't remember. Also, I remember once hearing about a Capt.'s Manual for this sim and was wondering is this "The Book" that others have written about?
Thanks,
Also, this is a question for DW, I think. In the game, the Naval Inst. info lists the 688(I) as having an EW: BLQ-10(V) as intercept, however in Tom Clancy's "Submarine" it is listed as a WLR-8(V) ESM. My question: Is the BLQ-10(V) the ESM or is the WLR-8(V) the esm, and if not, what are these two?
Also, does anyone carry Harpoons on their US subs (in DW)? My only AS missiles are the TASM. I made a littoral water scenario between a 688(I) and a Udaloy DDG, and most of my TASM were soaked up by the DDG's defenses. Would the Harpoon have been a better ASM? I remember the ol' Microprose "Red Storm Rising" manual stating that the Harpoon has a lower alt and "pop-up" terminal executing manuver that made it harder to shoot down than the TASM. Is this correct for DW?
many thanks, and happy new year folks.