SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-12, 10:41 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Donation Narwhal patch? Could someone involved please clarify

Okay, I have been searching for an answer for this for a while and not sure if those who hold the cards on it have purposely dodged the subject but I would love to have the donation narwhal but do not want it unless can run it in a campaign with TMO and RSRD, not an unreasonable thing.Has anyone ever made a patch so it works with TMO RSRD? if not, would someone with the know how, please do so, thanks in advance.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 10:55 AM   #2
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

I still have mine in the zipfile, because of that reason. No compatability with TMO.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 11:06 AM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
I still have mine in the zipfile, because of that reason. No compatability with TMO.
Yea, it is why I have not purchased it as of yet.Have been trying to get an answer on this forever.
Old 05-15-12, 07:38 PM   #4
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

I got it to work with TMO.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 07:40 PM   #5
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

How'd ya' do that? Please? What's the trick?

---------------------

Old 05-16-12, 10:50 PM   #6
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

You just overwrite the normal Narwhal files in TMO.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 11:59 PM   #7
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

That's it? No crashes, or anomolies? Dang, I'll have to try it!

---------------------

Old 05-17-12, 12:24 AM   #8
peabody
Admiral

Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
Well you didn't believe me the last time I posted it but here is my post from the Narwhal thread.

Quote:
The Narwhal may seem to work fine, but it is affecting other files in TMO. It may also cause problems with others weapons and equipment which are changed in the same files used by TMO and the Donation Narwhal.

@Sledgehammer: The Donation Narwhal Upgradepacks.upc has 32 entries, most likely the stock plus the Narwhal 6 inch guns. But the TMO 2 Upgradepacks.upc has 40 entries, so it is definitely NOT compatible as it stands. Also the TMO Narwhal and the Donation Narwhal have the same Unitparts number and the Weapons.upc changed the 5in51calUS with the 6inNarwhal, so there will be a gun missing from the TMO file.

There are also some .dds file that are changed, one being the tower texture, since Ducimus has a Narwhal in TMO.
There are conflicts with guns and equipment that can cause problems that need to be fixed and I did not list them all since I did not look for all of them.
If you use ONLY the Narwhal you "might" get away without noticing them, but if you get offered a new sub you will have problems.
Also if you only replace the Narwhal files, you will not have the Narwhal guns. So it may seem to be working fine but there are file conflicts going on that you may or may not run into depending on what happens. There are 6 differences in the Weapons.upc alone.

So if it works for you, have fun, but it will be full of conflicts.
Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 05:47 AM   #9
arnahud2
Frogman

Downloads: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
I did that a few weeks go and, even if there is no CTD, my sub is completely deckguns free...

I remember a post in which we can see your narwhal with its stock 6inch deckguns.

How did you do to achieve that ?

Regards

arnahud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 07:19 AM   #10
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Probably the safest way to get the Narwhal to work with TMO/RFB would be to make the guns be what those mods use for their pseudo-Narwhal. You would then only change the pseudo Narwhal for the new 3D model, though the guns 3D would also be lost and you would see the smaller ones, which is sad. The main compatibility problem is that the Narwhal has his own guns, so you need to add them to the mod or use whatever ones are there already.
Old 05-17-12, 09:54 AM   #11
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67

Per request I updated the Donation Narhwal for TMO awhile ago. However, i did not consider the narwhal my "property", not did i want any credit for any of the work i put into it to make it TMO compatible. I still don't. I am not the author.

Instead i uploaded it to my server, and passed a private link along to the powers that be that i thought were in charge of this mod. To my knowledge, nothing was ever done with it. It's been a very long time since then, so i'll upload it now to my filefront directory with three caveats:

1.) This is not my mod, and if im asked to I will remove this link .

2.) I will not be touching this mod again.

3.) The linked file was made for TMO version 2.1. It will probably still work for 2.5, though i can't say for sure if there will be any conflicts or broken features. Most likely there will be some. I don't remember what i changed between version 2.1 and 2.5

D/L:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21714...al_v185_TMO_7z
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 01:08 PM   #12
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Per request I updated the Donation Narhwal for TMO awhile ago. However, i did not consider the narwhal my "property", not did i want any credit for any of the work i put into it to make it TMO compatible. I still don't. I am not the author.

Instead i uploaded it to my server, and passed a private link along to the powers that be that i thought were in charge of this mod. To my knowledge, nothing was ever done with it. It's been a very long time since then, so i'll upload it now to my filefront directory with three caveats:

3.) The linked file was made for TMO version 2.1. It will probably still work for 2.5, though i can't say for sure if there will be any conflicts or broken features. Most likely there will be some. I don't remember what i changed between version 2.1 and 2.5

D/L:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21714705
/Donation_Narwhal_v185_TMO_7z

Thanks Ducimus.Think it will work with RSRD? I was thinking it should since TMO handles the sub, RSRD just does the campaign files correct?
Old 05-17-12, 02:24 PM   #13
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109

I can't speak for Neal, but given what a busy time he has had lately studying, examinating, working, etc, it probably went unnoticed to him. But he expressed his agreement in having the mod be openly available, so I'm glad you published the link. Thanks
Old 05-17-12, 04:02 PM   #14
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post

D/L:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21714...al_v185_TMO_7z
I asked Neal some time ago if he considered lifting the Donation requirement, and at that time he told me he was leaving it in place. He hasn't said otherwise.
Old 05-17-12, 05:23 PM   #15
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
. But he expressed his agreement in having the mod be openly available, so I'm glad you published the link. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I asked Neal some time ago if he considered lifting the Donation requirement, and at that time he told me he was leaving it in place. He hasn't said otherwise.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote