PDA

View Full Version : Potential future SSBN add-ons

clive bradbury
08-26-06, 05:40 AM
The prinicple I used for the Ohio can, of course, be used to create more SSBN add-ons for sub command. When the mood takes me, and I find the time, future boats will include:

Ben Franklin
Vanguard
Resolution

I would like to do Soviet boats as well, but the Akula interface cannot be adapted as it does not have a VLS.

gonenuclear
08-26-06, 02:45 PM
it would be really cool if you could make a typhoon. and a kursk(i forgot which class they are). the british vanguard is also a badass loking sub. those would be extremely cool to control. i know that the British use the Trident. and the Russians use quite a few but the biggest one they have, which is also the ones the typhoons are loaded with the now Topol-M ICBM turned Bulava SLBM for naval uses.

Kapitan
08-29-06, 01:33 PM
Typhoons TK20 and TK17 are armed with SS-N-20 stergeon missiles they are larger than the TK208's beluva missiles.

Sadly come 2008 all the remaining typhoons will be removed from active duty and be laid up for scrap.

GrayFox
08-30-06, 09:40 AM
I agree kapitan, the russians have came up with some awsome subs, some of which i like more the the US or british. Like the Alfa, and the Typhoon. Too bad their hulls are gonna rot somewhere...

Eagle1_Division
10-02-06, 06:58 PM
Cant u just use a 688(I) interface with the delta-IV and Typhoon? it'd be better to have a bad or odd interface than to not be able to use it at all ;)

Kapitan
10-06-06, 10:48 AM
its possible yes however the delta's and phoons will be more suited to the akula pannels.

Eagle1_Division
10-07-06, 11:21 AM
Isn't it possible to make it so weapons control is 688(I) While the rest is akula? I can imagine something like:
station5laod akulapanel5
station6load 688panel6
statoin7load akulapanel7

probolly isn't anything like that but thats the basic idea, assigning each station indivisualy, far fetched thou.
If its not possible then i would much pefer SLBM's than panels that fit the sub

Kapitan
10-07-06, 04:34 PM
You would have to speak to xabbarus or ramius about that im not a modder so i dont acctualy know, id advise you to talk to xabba.