PDA

View Full Version : active sonar bug?

Pufferfish
08-18-06, 11:38 PM
It seems that when I ping something for the second time I can here it emitting a ping but, nothing shows up on the acrive sonar screen it's just blank, has anyone else experienced this?. I forgot to mention that I was using the single ping setting.

ZBrisk
11-30-08, 09:37 PM
*TWO-YEAR BUMP*

I had the same problem and was about to ask here but just figured it out. Posting anyway in case someone else happens to google the same thing. Apparently the background noise interferes a lot unless you're really slow. Makes sense, but I didn't see that in the manual...

Frame57
11-30-08, 11:23 PM
A lot of variables can be present. are you sure something is there? A bounce back on sound can also be affected by thermals so perhaps what you think is there is on the other side of the layer.

ZBrisk
02-24-09, 01:02 AM
I've been getting another pinging problem. This time active sonar brings nothing at all, not even background noise. It's described here:

http://www.sonalystscombatsims.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=926 (http://www.sonalystscombatsims.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=925)

One thing I noticed though, is that if a contact is highlighted (from a previous, successful ping), it still shows what contact it is in the panel thing.

Is it a bug or is there some reason the sonar display doesn't update? :confused:

edit: save+load fixes it temporarily.

Pisces
02-24-09, 08:22 AM
Are you sure you provided the right link? (it's probably the "view next topic") The OP of the link talks about a heading marker of the passive sonar displays to be 180 out of sync. Which to me sounds like he is listening to his TA while he expects the spherical array.

I can't help wrt the active display not showing things as I don't have subcommand on my pc anymore for ages to check.

ZBrisk
02-24-09, 05:08 PM
Whoops. Link fixed. Yeah, it's the active display thing. What happens is that on occasion, after transmitting a ping, it'll bring back nothing at all (including background noise), and won't work again unless I save and reload. Haven't pinned down any cause yet...