PDA

View Full Version : SC Stuck at LOADING

SirWilliam
06-06-06, 10:00 PM
Hi everyone,

I bought SC a few years ago, tried it one night and thought Hmmm this might be interesting, then promptly lost the CD's.

After a recent move I re-discovered the CD's. I have an older XP machine now running a Radeon 9800XT. I installed the game, searched Google for a patch, and updated it to 1.08. I started the game and it seems to be fine until I select a mission, at which point it just goes to the LOADING screen where nothing happens. In fact 3 out of 5 attempts it locked my machine up and I had to reboot manually. I tried selecting Windows 98/ME compatibility mode for the program but other than stopping the previous "flickering through" effect of the microphone and taskbar graphics, there was no effect and the game seems unplayable.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to try this dinosaur out now that I found it after about 5 years, heh.

-SW

feld
06-07-06, 01:25 PM
Curious. I just upgraded the machine and I've got a radeon 9800 PRO and I experience something similiar. No solutions yet though.
Every time I go the 3D screen or go to load a mission the game locks.

feld
06-07-06, 01:43 PM
Doh! As usual. I failed to fully check the documentation. I got my program to run right by turning off my anti-virus. At least now it loads!
Feld

SirWilliam
06-07-06, 04:09 PM
Ah thanks very much. Sure enough, disabling the AV allows it to run.

Now if I can just figure out how to ID targets before they blow me up :dead:

-SW