PDA

View Full Version : LwAmi update.

Bellman
02-08-06, 11:57 AM
:sunny: Sorry if I have missed a post somewhere but I am sure a lot of us are eagerly waiting for an update on
work in progress for the next version of the superb LwAmi mod. :|\

I have picked up titbits from posts and as usual I make 2+2=5, so please guys, I know you are beavering away,
but please throw us a crumb or two. :-? :D

LuftWolf
02-08-06, 12:49 PM
LWAMI 3.00 should be released within the next 6-12 hours. :up: :)

Bill Nichols
02-08-06, 01:57 PM
Standing by.... :rock:

LuftWolf
02-08-06, 02:00 PM
We are focusing all our efforts now on trying to get the torpedoes to function correctly for pre-enable and enable features.

If there is a light at the end of the tunnel for a quickfix or workaround, we may delay the release a bit until it is ironed out, as I am taking a break from the rest of the work that has to be done to try to find a solution to this gamebreaker. :damn:

Bellman
02-08-06, 02:30 PM
:sunny: Heck - I know I've said it before but you guys are simply the best. :|\ :rock:

Theta Sigma
02-09-06, 04:42 AM
Even though it's not on the server yet, could you give us the url early?

That way, I can set my download manager. ;)

LuftWolf
02-10-06, 02:04 AM
Well, I got delayed in finishing up the last database and doctrine changes yesterday so I finished them up this morning... so LWAMI 3.00 is done. :up:

I now have to rewrite a 16 page readme... which is no fun task... and then make my mind up about some last minute things and I will post the new version of LWAMI 3.00 hopefully by the afternoon in Europe.

The good news is that if SCS is able to get a patch out, LWAMI 3.00 should work for that version as well, so no new work. The bad news is that we were unable to fix the torpedo problem with doctrine, there is some kind of problem in the engine itself that needs to be corrected.

Some more good news is that I think the AI will be a bit more challenging and quicker on the draw as far as enemy submarines go, reading that AAR from TLAM in the RSR campaign when he sank six red submarines made me think that he wasn't being challenged enough, so I wanted to help him push himself. :up: :know:

Ok, now to sort through some very dense readme detritus... :88) :stare: :hulk:

Driftwood
02-10-06, 06:39 AM
Exxxxcellent! :up:

LuftWolf
02-10-06, 06:41 AM
Ok, in case I accidently splash a bottle of bleach in my face or otherwise decide to take a nap before this readme is done, so I don't feel like I'm leaving you guys hanging, you can download LWAMI 3.00 PREVIEW at the CADC now!

http://www.orionwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13760#post13760

In case I do decide to change something, be sure to download and install the official distribution when I release it. ;) :)

Enjoy! :) :up: :rock:

Cheers,
David

PS Please DO NOT post this file to any other sites, as it IS NOT the official LWAMI 3.00 distribution. Thank you

UglyMowgli
02-10-06, 01:46 PM
thank s a lot, will try now :up:

Amizaur
02-10-06, 02:12 PM
I have to add that I HAVE NOT sent advanced torpedo doctrines to Luftwolf yet so they are not included in 3.00, sorry...
They will be included to 3.1 probably.

BTW demo of another mod, advanced torp control is ready to download and test. If it works, then I can merge it (oh no! not merging mods again... :o ;) ) with all previous mods and torpedo control will be in 3.1 as well.

Driftwood
02-10-06, 02:20 PM
BTW demo of another mod, advanced torp control is ready to download and test. If it works, then I can merge it (oh no! not merging mods again... :o ;) ) with all previous mods and torpedo control will be in 3.1 as well.

Ok, I give up.........Advanced Torpedo Control?????

Amizaur
02-10-06, 02:35 PM
OK, name it just "torpedo control" - it's not very advanced yet after all, just three depths and two speeds to choose ;)

http://subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=48430

Molon Labe
02-10-06, 02:50 PM

If I only had this in the last game we played, I'd have smoked your bitch ass. Oh wait, I won without it. Never mind.

Hey, will this work for UUVs?!!?!?!?

Driftwood
02-10-06, 02:54 PM
Ok, now I understand. Is it possible to get the torpedo doctrine that you guys tried way back when that gave you data similar to a UUV? It's my understanding that this is closer to RL and I never did get a chance to try that. I know it was taken out for balance reasons but I would like to take it for a test drive. :know:

LuftWolf
02-10-06, 02:55 PM
No. :stare:

It could but it would be a waste, seeing as they don't go anywhere. :hmm:

Driftwood
02-10-06, 02:56 PM

If I only had this in the last game we played, I'd have smoked your -spank me!- ass. Oh wait, I won without it. Never mind.

Get you mind back in your books Mattlock! :rotfl:

Molon Labe
02-10-06, 03:07 PM
Answer: no, it doens't work on UUVs. And I found that the ping bug has affected UUVs too in the process.... No pings for enabled UUVs in 1.03 and no active data reported. And no, the torp mod didn't do it, I checked... duly reported to SCS.

Anyways, so just because this torp mod doesn't let us change uuv depth yet.... doesn't mean that the final version won't! Right, Amizaur?! You know you want UUVs that can cross the layer on command! (give us an inch, we'll take a mile...) :rock:

LuftWolf
02-10-06, 03:33 PM
It's a whole different doctrine and interface.

Amizaur would have to do the work all over. I suppose its up to him... :yep:

Amizaur
02-10-06, 03:46 PM
UUV uses it's own (very simple) doctrine, not torpedo doctrine... So rather yes, similar controls can be implemented for UUVs as well.

P.S. As speed chose between 3 and 5kts is not very attractive :) probably instead there could be start/stop command passed somehow to UUV, only I'm not sure yet what would be a life-time of stopped UUV, if it lasted longer or not... yes, with current speed-range bug as speed comes to zero, range comes to 0.2 of max range and it's >0 so life time should be unlimited for stopped UUV :) Anyway I wonder why it have limited range when it can take electric energy from the ship by the wire ? Or maybe it can't ? And why ?

Driftwood
02-10-06, 03:47 PM
LW, please refer to my earlier post. Is it possible in 1.03 to try out that torpedo doctrine you had in the eariler mod that made a MK 48 into another sensor platform?

LuftWolf
02-10-06, 03:50 PM
That's not doctrine related.

The torpedo feedback is a single yes or no variable in the database for each torpedo.

In order to enable feedback, use DWedit and go to the ADCAP in the object dialogue and in the verticle row of check boxes to the right of the screen, check feedback and you are good to go. Be sure to hit apply on the object screen and then save on the file menu for DWedit before closing the editor.

Driftwood
02-10-06, 04:09 PM
:up: Thanks LW!

Molon Labe
02-10-06, 05:01 PM
UUV uses it's own (very simple) doctrine, not torpedo doctrine... So rather yes, similar controls can be implemented for UUVs as well.

P.S. As speed chose between 3 and 5kts is not very attractive :) probably instead there could be start/stop command passed somehow to UUV, only I'm not sure yet what would be a life-time of stopped UUV, if it lasted longer or not... yes, with current speed-range bug as speed comes to zero, range comes to 0.2 of max range and it's >0 so life time should be unlimited for stopped UUV :) Anyway I wonder why it have limited range when it can take electric energy from the ship by the wire ? Or maybe it can't ? And why ?

Eh, who cares about UUV speed? It's all about the depth....

Oh, I also noticed my UUV wasn't cavitating at 100ft anymore. I guess 1.03 is being nice to the UUV...

Deathblow
02-10-06, 07:31 PM
Any chance of releasing that readme LW :).

Bill Nichols
02-10-06, 08:21 PM
Ok, in case I accidently splash a bottle of bleach in my face or otherwise decide to take a nap before this readme is done, so I don't feel like I'm leaving you guys hanging, you can download LWAMI 3.00 PREVIEW at the CADC now!

http://www.orionwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13760#post13760

In case I do decide to change something, be sure to download and install the official distribution when I release it. ;) :)

Enjoy! :) :up: :rock:

Cheers,
David

PS Please DO NOT post this file to any other sites, as it IS NOT the official LWAMI 3.00 distribution. Thank you

Just let me know when you're done, I'm ready to host. :D

LuftWolf
02-10-06, 10:45 PM
Thanks Bill! :rock:

I'm trying to work on it DB, I didn't expect to have to test a major bug in 1.03. :oops: :)

Barleyman
02-20-06, 03:32 PM
So how's the readme coming along :88)

freddo
02-23-06, 10:30 PM
All is quiet :yep: Must be working hard on 3.0

Is it possible to acquire the readme update?

LuftWolf
02-24-06, 07:09 PM
I have been very busy with RL matters. :up:

The task list includes:

1) Final minor changes to LWAMI 3.00 database

2) Rewrite the readme

3) Release LWAMI 3.00 Official Distribution

4) Work on adding new models to LWAMI 3.01 working database and create a separate install pack for the new AI platforms for the stock database (as a separate but related project with the modellers)

In the meantime, as most of you know, you can find the LWAMI 3.00 Preview at this thread in the CADC: http://www.orionwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12418 . :arrgh!:

Cheers,
David

Bellman
02-24-06, 11:56 PM
:D LW - Thanks for your quick 'wire-float.'

Sorry you are still at sea and hope to see you back in port soon. :yep: :up:

Bellman
02-26-06, 04:10 AM
LwAmi Preview released - Am I right in seeing that TorpHoming in Doctrinal Updates dated 11th Dec,
tested in 3.0 Beta - has now in Preview, reverted to the 11th Sept doc ?

Not clear how the final patch 1.03 torp issues impinge on the LwAmi 'working issues'.
Probably been posted up somewhere and I missed it. :hmm:

I am running Preview but this field testing is just like a mugs guessing game. :huh:
Guys you go find what you think we've done !! See if you can pin a tale on the donkey ! :o

Anyways, spleen aside, ;) I guess before ,I turn spectator,I tested the torps (MK 48s) again and nice :o :roll: :|\
The 'old cake eaters have gone pickey 'again'...............now its 'Captains wifes Madeira.................
They bite on fresh CMs'again' - and are much harder to spoof -

Noticed a strange thing though - sure I wasnt hearing things because the first 48 I redirected
back started increased pinging at 1.6 nm. Great, I thought, the lads have fixed that one then !!
But then every other one did'nt. :hmm:

Barleyman
02-26-06, 10:28 AM
Now there's the dilemma.. Should I slap advanced torpedo doctrine on top of 3.00 preview? Or not?

1.03 patch states new depths for sonobuyous. However, Amiz 3.00B gives slightly different values. So which one is correct when you put 3.00B over 1.03? Dicass deep is 800ft or 600ft? Vlad shallow 600 or 800?

I quess most of the time it does not matter as I've not seen thermal layer that deep..

LuftWolf
02-27-06, 09:58 PM
LwAmi Preview released - Am I right in seeing that TorpHoming in Doctrinal Updates dated 11th Dec,
tested in 3.0 Beta - has now in Preview, reverted to the 11th Sept doc ?

Yes, I did revert the file, as the change I made in the 3.00B update did not matter for fixing the problem.

Now there's the dilemma.. Should I slap advanced torpedo doctrine on top of 3.00 preview? Or not?

The Advanced Doctrine is a demonstrator of scripting technology, and may cause some errors because it is not fully integrated into the mod. I believe Amizaur is going to include such features into his complete doctrine-level remake of all the playable torpedoes, when it is ready, hopefully for LWAMI 3.01.

]1.03 patch states new depths for sonobuyous. However, Amiz 3.00B gives slightly different values. So which one is correct when you put 3.00B over 1.03? Dicass deep is 800ft or 600ft? Vlad shallow 600 or 800?

After a long discussion with SCS and some members of the community, Jamie came up with these new figures for DW 1.03, and we all pretty much decided that his numbers are the best, so the Mod now uses stock DW 1.03 numbers, which are:

DIFAR 90/400ft (as before)
DICASS 90/800ft
VLAD 600/1200ft

I hope you are enjoying LWAMI 3.00 Preview. :up:

Cheers,
David

TLAM Strike
02-27-06, 10:12 PM
Do the SS-N-2s have a command guide option now? I saw some Styx missiles get shot then vear their course (before enabling) twards me and then fip on their seekers and home in.

LuftWolf
02-28-06, 03:48 AM
We haven't changed anything with the missiles in general for LWAMI 3.00 like what you are describing.

It's most likely that the missiles enabled just as you were on the boundary of their seeker cones and they turned towards you only after they got a NewTrack for you.

XabbaRus
02-28-06, 04:29 AM
So has the latest version been released?

TLAM Strike
02-28-06, 11:19 AM
We haven't changed anything with the missiles in general for LWAMI 3.00 like what you are describing.

It's most likely that the missiles enabled just as you were on the boundary of their seeker cones and they turned towards you only after they got a NewTrack for you. The missile did a 70-80 degree turn! Thats some seeker cone! :o

LuftWolf
02-28-06, 11:37 AM

It's most likely that the missiles enabled just as you were on the boundary of their seeker cones and they turned towards you only after they got a NewTrack for you. The missile did a 70-80 degree turn! Thats some seeker cone! :o

I dunno what to say, but it's not from anything we did! :doh: :up:

Xabba, LWAMI 3.00 Preview available at the CADC is the latest version, and it lacks only the rewrite for the readme and one or two very minor changes in the database. I will do more as my RL allows. :yep: :) :up:

XabbaRus
02-28-06, 02:59 PM
Cool, you get my PM re SSBNs firing missiles?

Molon Labe
03-01-06, 08:17 AM
Would it be possible to add the Ohio-Florida to the mod as SSGN's with craploads of TLAMs in the DB?

LuftWolf
03-01-06, 04:10 PM
It is definately in the cards to have the Ohio SSBN converted to SSGN.

I am going to make the change once in the database, so I have to look at Xabba's new Ohio SSGN model so I make sure I get the position of the launchers correct.

Also, I am going to equip the Ohio's with TASM's not TLAM's, unless anyone has any major objections.

BTW, does the AI use TLAM's and other land attack missile effectively? I can't recall ever seeing the AI engage a land target on its own with land attack missiles... then again, it's been a long time since I sat down with DW to actually play a single player mission. :cry: :damn: :doh:

sonar732
03-01-06, 04:32 PM
Also, I am going to equip the Ohio's with TASM's not TLAM's, unless anyone has any major objections.

BTW, does the AI use TLAM's and other land attack missile effectively? I can't recall ever seeing the AI engage a land target on its own with land attack missiles... then again, it's been a long time since I sat down with DW to actually play a single player mission. :cry: :damn: :doh:

I have an objection to the TASM's. I wouldn't have a problem with the ability to choose either TASM or TLAM like the 688i's. The true mission for the new Ohio class SSGN is for TLAM and special forces deployment.

Does Bills' Red Storm Rising campaign use AI TLAM launch and then follow the Boston to safer waters? I haven't played it yet myself.

Molon Labe
03-01-06, 06:20 PM

I have an objection to the TASM's. I wouldn't have a problem with the ability to choose either TASM or TLAM like the 688i's. The true mission for the new Ohio class SSGN is for TLAM and special forces deployment.

Does Bills' Red Storm Rising campaign use AI TLAM launch and then follow the Boston to safer waters? I haven't played it yet myself.

LW, yes, the AI will fire TLAMs at known land targets. I don't really "object," but I did have a reason for asking for TLAMs instead; part of it is sonar's objection above, the other part is simply that even if we wanted a TASM shooter, the missiles are generally ineffective.

RSR includes a TLAM strike in which a player controlled and two AI subs fire TLAMs.