PDA

View Full Version : LWAMI Mod 4.XX Working Issues

LuftWolf
10-23-05, 12:48 AM
Note: some notations added for my benefit, this is also a working list for us.

For now, "P---" denotes that we are actively working on this for the upcoming version of the mod.

Please post here if you have mentioned something to us before that is not listed here, or if you have a question about something listed here.

Otherwise, please post to the forum in a new thread, or the following LWAMI Mod discussion thread, which also gives a nice history of the mod's development :) : http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41581&start=0

Cheers,
David

Note: Posts made to this thread may be moved or deleted in time.

Working Issues for LWAMI 4.XX

-Add LWAMI section to USNI (pending Jamie's clearance on copywrite)

-I would like to review the sonar sensor assignments to individual platforms

-Create the unit information tables (if I have the time... )

-Work on trying to automate Missile Transient Warnings.

P---Review very light torpedo warhead assignments

-Investigate aircraft weapons loadouts and aircraft ship assignments

-Add additional land based missile launchers.

-Review missile seeker assignments: IR vs radar

-Complete reworking of radar and FC radar modelling, including review of all object radar and FC radar signatures (especially ASM missiles)

P---Consider adding baffle for TA

-Review Sphere/Hull sensitivity

P---Consider major changes to SeaWolf low frequency hull array

P---Add platform active sonar unique ping frequencies

-Review Launcher Assignments for "single tube" subs in detail

P---Try to add under-keel detonations

P---Work on switching torpedo sensors over from curved limited to sensitivity limited ranges

---Work on non-removal of dead platforms

---Work on RBU doctrine and create subroc-like structure

--- Add flare CM launch order to CIWSAttack doctrine

---Swap FFG TA and Nixie masts

P---Convert Ohio SSBN to SSGN

---Convert RBU's to subroc-like weapons

---Mine launched torpedoes and CAPTOR system http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/mk60.htm :hmm:

P---Look at sub avoid doctrines to prevent AI sub bottoming during evasion

P---Look at adding ESSM to Burke DDG VLS

---Work on integrating new 3-d models and platforms/weapons in database and distribution

P---Fix UAV (doctrine and Hellfires)

P---Integrating new torpedo doctrines and addressing the torpedo range vs. speed problem

---Investigate removing the sensor operation depth hardcap from TA's

---Look at potential conflicts with offsets on sensors bound to masts

---Remander of doctrine fixes for all airplatforms that force them to drop contacts when they have lost their track :-?

---Look at full AI MH60 oscillation when newtrack "SUB"

---Review helo/aircraft sensors

P---Review FFG Hull sensitivity for passive mode

P---Check Maverick range

P---Review helo turn radii (stop the helo's from crashing...)

---Check max depth of SS-N-27ASW torpedo payload

P---Look at UUV sensor and thrust

P---Quick fix to FCR's and missiles (surface and air), including crusing altitude doctrines for ASM's

P---Finish range-based error correction for SLAM-ER ASuW, redo SLAM for AI platforms, upgrade american harpoons

P---Add Amizaur's advanced torpedo control mod

P---Resolve if TLAM doctrine changes are necessary (Detonate)

P---Check CIWSAttack doctrine and retune for more effective operation and add ESSM to DDG 51.

P---Fix E-2 crashing on carrier launch

P---Fix helo active dipping sonar issue at altitude and MH60 REMRO issue

P---Change Wakefollow doctrine to allow for deep preenable run

P---Edit SubDef and others to prevent subs from running aground

Resolved in LWAMI 4.00 BETA

++Add passive sound level for active decoys and small active SL for passive decoys

++Increase sensivity of sphere and hull arrays and look at increasing baffle size

++Change E-2 Hawkeye and E-3 Sentry radars to scan full sky

++DIFAR and VLAD balancing fix: change cable length of VLAD to 800/1200, so that the DIFAR becomes prefered buoy for shallow water operations, as is realistic. Also, have increased cable length of DICASS deep to 600ft.

++Increase Torpedo Passive SL and alter sound vs speed thrust values

++MANPAD effectivenes reduced as follows: Stinger 75, SA-8 65, SA-5 60. Can you tell we don't like the Submarine SAM anti-aircraft battery strategy? ;)

++AEGIS ship behavior fix: Fire control radars and CIWSAttack doctrine

++Decrease radar signatures for TASM (45) and Harpoon (40)

++Add updated Missile.txt, CIWSAttack and SubAvoidWeap doctrines to distribution

++correct CIWSAttack and SubAvoidWeap doctrines (move comments) and Missile doctrine (add missing variable declaration)

++Replace UGST on Iranian Kilos with USET-80

++Remove baffle for active intercept

++Streamline installation

++Work on trying to improve SSGN performance (done by mission design)

3++Remove random circle/snake direction for human torpedoes from Torpedo.txt doctrine

3++Decrease buoyancy and deploy speed of MH-60 Dipping sonar to prevent curling (MaHuJa)

3++Set earth curvature flag for major FCR's, FFG and AEGIS

3++Reverse Ming Aft Tubes

3++Change FFG prop. diameter from 3 to 5

3++Rework passive sonars to bring detection ranges back to 1.01 LWAMI 2.03

3++Further editing to SubAtkSub doctrine for more aggressive AI attack behavior, and preliminary reworking of AI submarine torpedo tubes to take advantage of the doctrine for appropriate platforms

3F++Review SubAvoid doctrines to try to decrease likelihood of inappropriate sub evasion, particularly with active sonar pinging

3F++Add qmtasks file from 1.03 to LWAMI database

3F++Change ALFS cable length to 2,550 ft

3F++Redo buoy lengths to match new figures

3F++Look at TA cable length (TB-16 2600 feet Deploys and retrieves in about 2 1/2 min.; TB-23 2950 ft. about 3 mins.; and the TB-29 3300 feet and takes about 3 1/2 min)

3F++Make SW sphere array bearing error consistent with other sonars

3F++Remove Snapshot Flag from Maverick

3F2++Work on SubAtkSub doctrine to try to get more reliable second shots and more aggressive attacking behavior

3F2++Rescale MANPADs to make them more effective and counter that with increased Flare CM effectiveness

3F2++Enable subs as legit targets for Hellfire and add apply Maverick fix to Hellfire magic logic, Maverick and Hellfire now should work the same... correctly :)

3F2++Remove helos as legit targets for Maverick

3F2++Edits to the Torpedo and TorpHoming doctrines to prevent "spoofed torpedo syndrome"

3F2++Create active sonars of separate non-stock sensitivites and review active SL assignments

3F2++Replaced SET-53 with more capable torpedo for Chinese Kilos: hypothetical Yu-8 (pirated version of USET-80, 16.7KM@45kts with max depth of 475m and an A/P seeker with quality between a MK46 and USET-80)

3F3++Lowered PSL of Chinese and Indian KLUB Kilo Standard to 58 to represent 877EKM version.

3F3++Changed the 27ASM 1st Stage 3-d model back to original cruise missile style

3F3++Enable ships as legit targets for Hellfire Strike and increase damage ability to make it equal to Hellfire ASM

3F3++Added deep TA's for surface ships and submarines

3F3++Added dipping capable sensors to AI FFG helo

3F3++Edits to aircraft doctrines to prevent MAD show truth bug and allow for attack behavior on hostile MAD contacts... this should address the "swarming" problem

3F3++Complete overhaul of AI helo sensors and doctrines RE: dipping sonar

31++Finish replacing Mk54II with MK46AI for airplatforms

31++Fix FFG AI MH60 loadout

31++Refined MH60 Dipping Drop contact conditionals.

32++Fixed MH60 Starboard pylon

32++---Added MAD sensor to Ka-27 Helix

Molon Labe
10-23-05, 01:09 AM
This would probably be a low priority, but maybe adding AI platforms to the game, like SSM batteries that fire supersonic missiles, Russian VTOL carriers, etc.

LuftWolf
10-23-05, 01:19 AM
Adding the launchers would be easy, especially because we don't need new 3-d models. So I'll add that one.

In terms of the other ships for which we don't have mods, I'm reluctant to do that at the moment, unless we do it on a large scale, AKA Perscope Depth's Navy Mod. So that might be the next step of the project.

Thanks again! :up:

TLAM Strike
10-23-05, 12:50 PM
Did you review the SSM sensors? IE the IR seekers.

LuftWolf
10-23-05, 12:52 PM
No... was I supposed to? :-j

I don't remember. Sorry. :oops:

Please refresh my memory. :)

TLAM Strike
10-23-05, 12:57 PM
Some of the Supersonic Missiles had IR seekers when they shouldn't (cuz of the heat). I was saying a little research should be done to determin which missiles should have IR seekers since a FFG player has little need for having Flares right now.

LuftWolf
10-23-05, 01:04 PM
Check. :up:

Well, SOME supersonic missiles have IR seekers in RL, like the SM-2 IIIB. So just because it's supersonic doesn't necessarily mean that it won't have an IR seeker.

We'll look at it! :yep:

Thanks TLAM! :rock:

TLAM Strike
10-23-05, 04:30 PM
-Add additional land based missile launchers. Ones that you can add using whats already in game:
SSC-6 Switchblade (SS-N-25 Switchblade) Has four to a launcher.

SA-N-3 Goa (SA-3) 2 to 4 per launcher (several launchers a site)

SA-N-4 Gecko (SA-8) 4 per launcher plus reload vehicles.

SA-N-5 Grail (SA-7) 1 per launcher plus reloads.

SA-N-6 Grumble (SA-10) 4 per launcher plus reloads.

SA-N-7 Gladfly (SA-11) 3 (5?) Per launcher.

SA-N-9 GAUNTLET (SA-15)

C-201

C-802

Exocet

Stinger

Sidewinder

Penguin (I think)

Harpoon (I think)

Tomahawk (I think)

Mistrial

There are a couple others I've missed I bet...

LuftWolf
10-23-05, 05:44 PM
Nice! :rock:

Thanks again TLAM! :up:

Cheers,
David

Molon Labe
10-23-05, 10:11 PM
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/c-301.htm
CSS-6 Sawhorse

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/fl-7.htm
FL-7 Feilong (C-201 modded for supersonic capability)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/china/df-11.htm
DF-11 (Theatre Ballistic Missile)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/china/df-15.htm
DF-15 TBM

Molon Labe
05-08-06, 04:12 PM
Can you add a weapon/sonobuoy drop altitude limit that causes the weapon/sonobuoy to fail if the parameter is exceeded (like a missile fired from too deep)? Or, if wind drift effects are modelled against falling objects, simulate the effect of a parachute that opens at a realistic altitude?

Molon Labe
05-09-06, 07:01 PM
Hey, is there a way to add a "Jamming" doctrine to the EA-6B (and perhaps a Bear variant)? Hell, Fleet Command had it, why can't we?

Also, check the HARM doctrine to make sure it's homing on the radar and stops making course corrections after the radar is turned off. =)

LuftWolf
05-09-06, 07:28 PM
Hey, is there a way to add a "Jamming" doctrine to the EA-6B (and perhaps a Bear variant)? Hell, Fleet Command had it, why can't we?

Also, check the HARM doctrine to make sure it's homing on the radar and stops making course corrections after the radar is turned off. =)

Well, I've figured that the jammers are disabled in the sim engine entirely, and have to be enabled in the doctrines instead.

So, in other words, I have to be scramble all the other doctrines if they detect a jamming aircraft...

There is a hell of a lot that can be done. :doh:

Molon Labe
05-10-06, 05:43 PM
You know how I love making work for you...

Could the BrahMos missile be added to Indian warships (and anyone else that they're selling them to?) I think there might be an air launched version too...

TLAM Strike
05-10-06, 05:50 PM
Also, check the HARM doctrine to make sure it's homing on the radar and stops making course corrections after the radar is turned off. =) I think I can conferm that from ingame opservations. ;)

OneShot
05-10-06, 06:03 PM
I surely would appreciate having a nice Prowler at my "disposal" to get rid of those nagging SAMs at least to a certain degree. So Jamming would be appreciated.

Actually you should considering adding Jammers to the P-3 itself, please take note of the following quote directly from F.A.S. Link (http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/p-3.htm)

# The AN/AAR-47 Missile Warning System [MWS] is a passive electro-optical system designed to detect surface-to-air and air-to-air missiles. Upon detection of an incoming missile, the MWS will report the impending threat to the Countermeasures Dispensing System (CMDS).
# The AN/ALE-47 Countermeasures Dispensing System [CMDS] will be used for dispensing flares, chaff, non-programmable expendable jammers, and programmable jammers.
Btw. since some have mourned the ability to detect IR-Guided missiles, maybe the first part of the quote might interest you.

Molon Labe
05-10-06, 10:08 PM
I surely would appreciate having a nice Prowler at my "disposal" to get rid of those nagging SAMs at least to a certain degree. So Jamming would be appreciated.

Actually you should considering adding Jammers to the P-3 itself, please take note of the following quote directly from F.A.S. Link (http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/p-3.htm)

# The AN/AAR-47 Missile Warning System [MWS] is a passive electro-optical system designed to detect surface-to-air and air-to-air missiles. Upon detection of an incoming missile, the MWS will report the impending threat to the Countermeasures Dispensing System (CMDS).
# The AN/ALE-47 Countermeasures Dispensing System [CMDS] will be used for dispensing flares, chaff, non-programmable expendable jammers, and programmable jammers.
Btw. since some have mourned the ability to detect IR-Guided missiles, maybe the first part of the quote might interest you.

I've already advocated for modeling the bug-eyes. There is a difference between detecting a missile plume and a missile lock though. Flight sims figured out that IR homing missiles didn't give any missile lock warning to the target over a decade ago. there's no excuse for that sort of sloppiness here.

LuftWolf
05-25-06, 07:51 PM
Can you add a weapon/sonobuoy drop altitude limit that causes the weapon/sonobuoy to fail if the parameter is exceeded (like a missile fired from too deep)? Or, if wind drift effects are modelled against falling objects, simulate the effect of a parachute that opens at a realistic altitude?

Yes, I can use the doctrines to disable sonobuoys or torpedoes drop above a certain altitude, however, the problem is that the AI has to be able to fire these things from any altitude because it isn't programed to fly to low level before engaging targets, I could try to enable this behavior but its too much of a pain frankly... plus, the airdales seem to like doing this as a balance to the mast issue.

I see it as a zero sum game, so I'm going to leave it as is.

Amizaur
05-26-06, 12:42 PM
Just found this at CADS forums:

Jamie: We do not object to the addition of non-playable platforms to our simulation. We just ask that the modders are clear in denoting that the information in our in-game USNI reference was not necessarily gathered from USNI when appropriate. If the information was taken from some other source, that modification must be noted in the reference entry (to satisfy our obligation to USNI and our license to utilize their data, whose entries should not be modified). ...

So... seems it's clear now that we can at last modify and add some info to USNI (or rather non USNI ;) ) reference ? :) The most important things like speeds, ranges, sensor depths ect. I think would be safe to not touch original USNI descriptions at all, only add second LwAmi mod note at the bottom with current data.

OneShot
05-26-06, 01:45 PM
Well, I asked that question specifically because I knew you guys always wanted to do that, and since I guessed that at least our HardCore players would read the interview I assumed you knew that fact already, after all the interview is already some weeks old.

hyperion2206
09-18-06, 09:22 AM
I've got an question and I bet this is not the right place to ask, but since I don't know where else I could post it I do it here anyway;) :

Is it possible to use the LWAMI 4 mod if you own the German version of DW or do you have to have the American version?

OneShot
09-18-06, 09:56 AM
The LwAmi (regardless which version) only works with the english version and none of the localized ones (I think - unless someone found a workaround).

UglyMowgli
09-19-06, 02:27 AM
You can make it working with other version. At MS we have a modified version of the LwAmi working for the french localized DW since we use it in MP games. There is just few filenames to rename and changes. I will ask to Nemo67, who make the change, what he has done.

hyperion2206
09-19-06, 03:19 AM
Thanks MSgalileo, I would really appreciate if you could tell me what I've got to do to get LWAMI working for the German version!:up: :rock:

UglyMowgli
09-19-06, 06:13 AM
Well Nemo67 write me it s just a change of one letter in the file name extension for exemple
*.etd file were rename *.ftd (E for english and F for French so I guess you should replace extesnion etd by gtd = German).

You have to look at the sub directory who are replaced by the lawmi (doctrine and the other one) just check the extension of the files form the original DW and LwAmi files.

XabbaRus
12-30-06, 07:05 AM
Luft I have started working on land based SSM models as well as some land based arty

done the 130mm Bereg system,

LuftWolf
01-03-07, 02:19 AM
Noted, thanks.

The process of adding new units or making straightforward spec/model changes is probably the last thing that will be done for the new dist so please feel free to delve into this as you like, there probably won't be much time pressure from my end.

Cheers,
David

Bellman
01-04-07, 01:00 AM
Would the quest for 'realism' be served by reducing the potential number of wire-guided torps that one is able to launch and control to 2 - 4 at any one time. The numerical ability implemented in Harpoon.(apparently)

Appart from the Chinese hybrid wired 'straight runners' I cannot find any confirmation of the reality of the DW system allowing 8 wired runners. Maybe this is a tricky area to discuss and I will stand corrected by those 'in the know'

Although the incidence of trawling large launch numbers seems to have waned from SC - potentialy the launcher can use wire techniques unlikely in real life.

There may be many good game software reasons why the doctrines cannot be adjusted. But if the player had to husband a launch of scarcer resources the challenge of the game would approach reality.

Bellman
01-05-07, 09:08 AM
.....and Amizaurs excellent advanced torp routines have demonstrated the possibilities.

LuftWolf
01-05-07, 04:39 PM
The Advanced Torpedo Modelling in LWAMI 4.xx will take care of this. WG torpedoes are so lethal within a certain envelope that in this game, as in real life, the real technique of killing will be to put you in a superior position over your enemy, rather than saturating the an area with weapons.

In addition, the torpedoes themselves when properly modelled that it is unlikely that a person will be able to effective control 4 as opposed to 2 in a way that makes them more effective as killing instruments.

In other words, I can't do that directly, but I think the problem will take care of itself if what I can do is properly implimented.

Cheers,
David

Bellman
01-06-07, 12:49 AM
While there are practical limitations to the number of torps the player can effectively control the current game permits trawling. An analogy would be rod angling where the fisherman has several rods set up and lures out ready. If he spots any twitching he can concentrate on that rod. In practise he will only normaly need to manipulate one.

Effectively limiting the number (2-4) of WGs capable of beeing deployed would achieve greater reality and mirror the self-imposed constraint exhibited by experienced players in MP.
Fly fishing instead of 'bait-slinging' ?

The game playing limitation would be implemented in Weapons where for example the SW diver would be limited to 2-4 tubes capable of loading and controlling WGs. The other tubes would permit MK 48s running only in 'shoot and forget' mode. (apparently a 'real' option)

LuftWolf
01-09-07, 11:49 PM
A real option but unfortunately beyond my powers of doctrine and database manipulation.

Sorry...

Cheers,
David