PDA

View Full Version : Importing/Exporting 3d.grp?

stormrider_sp
09-28-05, 09:57 AM
"10. Finally we come to the last db, the 3D Database. For this part we have
two choices. The best choice is to extract the Alfa model from SC/SCX
3D.grp. There are 9 files to extract, Alfa.bmp, Alfa_d.bmp, Alfa_Pt1.bmp,
Alfa_Pt1_d.bmp, Alfa_Pt2.bmp, Alfa_Pt2_d.bmp, AlfaPROP.bmp, Xalfa.j3d and
XAlfa_d.j3d. These then have to be placed in the DW 3D.grp file. "

From AddNavy, written by jsteed.

Maybe he forgot to mention how to import/export the files? Anyone knows??

Yesterday, I just created my brand new Alfa and NSSN..more to come.

XabbaRus
09-28-05, 10:43 AM
get hold of cmputil which is in the SCX zip

Drop it in your graphics folder.

then open the DOS command line and navigate to your dangerous waters\graphics folder

then type

cmputil 3d alfa.J3D

and cmputil 3d alfa.bmp

Oh I'll also say that if you take the SCX models and put them in your DW dbase then it is a do it yourself job..

If any of those models end up in a downloadable mod then there will be fireworks.

Tgio
09-28-05, 10:43 AM
Using "decompress.exe" and "cmputil.exe".
You can download both at OrionWarrior (At least I found them there some time ago).

stormrider_sp
09-28-05, 02:03 PM
There ain´t no decompress util on OrioWarrior homepage.
I tried also to cmputil 3d sierra_II.j3d and it didn´t worked.

Is this cmputil a utility to compress in the 3d.grp files?
I copied the Sierra II files from SCX Graphics folder to DW Graphics folder, didn´t worked. Then I tried the cmputil 3d Sierra_II.j3d, bmps, and it didnt work.....whats wrong?!

One more thing, there ain´t no Alfa.j3d in the SCX folder, so I guess it is compressed inside the 3d.grp from SC. How do i extract it?

Ramius
09-28-05, 03:46 PM
There ain´t no decompress util on OrioWarrior homepage.
I tried also to cmputil 3d sierra_II.j3d and it didn´t worked.

Is this cmputil a utility to compress in the 3d.grp files?
I copied the Sierra II files from SCX Graphics folder to DW Graphics folder, didn´t worked. Then I tried the cmputil 3d Sierra_II.j3d, bmps, and it didnt work.....whats wrong?!

One more thing, there ain´t no Alfa.j3d in the SCX folder, so I guess it is compressed inside the 3d.grp from SC. How do i extract it?

did the batch file give you any error messages ?

If not then the files will have been put into the .3gp file.
You will then also need to ammend your database files to point at the correct new model name for them to work in game.

If any of those models end up in a downloadable mod then there will be fireworks.

Most definately

stormrider_sp
09-28-05, 06:51 PM
still not working

Beer
09-28-05, 09:52 PM
Using "decompress.exe" and "cmputil.exe".
You can download both at OrionWarrior (At least I found them there some time ago).

Although not in the Downloads section (yet) they are on the site and downloadable from a thread that explains skinning.

Skinning Thread (http://www.orionwarrior.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=86&sid=3e669c28e880463885013cbe1227efc4)

Cheers
Beer

Tgio
09-29-05, 06:19 AM
Although not in the Downloads section (yet) they are on the site and downloadable from a thread that explains skinning.
Skinning Thread (http://www.orionwarrior.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=86&sid=3e669c28e880463885013cbe1227efc4)
Cheers
Beer

Yes, I was meanig that. Sorry, memory fault! BSOD... :damn: :damn:

stormrider_sp
09-29-05, 07:15 AM
still not working.... :doh:

Beer
09-29-05, 08:56 PM
Dooh Orion Warrior site is down...guess Smuook did not pay the bills from his deployment site!

It was up yesterday :damn: