PDA

View Full Version : CH Products setup?

Slick
09-05-05, 01:40 PM
I apologize for any redundancies in this post.

I have a CH Products USB HOTAS with the Pro Peddles for flight sims. Does anyone have a configuration file that will work with DW?

Or, does anyone have any advice in how to enable the HOTAS to work in DW?

DivingWind
09-05-05, 01:56 PM
I dont think DW supports HOTAS.Of course I could be wrong...

Skybird
09-05-05, 03:13 PM
I use fighterstick and Prothrottle, non-CH pedals. Manager software for CH gear should support HOTAS with DW, since it is essentially a form of programmable keyboard (I even use only the Prothrottle together with mouse for SP-MBT, and my Sidewqinder wheel/pedals toegther woth the Throttle's buttons in Nascar 2003, etc.). But I would merge all devices into one virtual device and manually deactivate all axis that are not needed. Try x- and y- axis alone first before adding a third axis for collective or throttle.

DivingWind
09-05-05, 03:25 PM
But is there really a point using joystick in DW. It's not FLIGHT simulator,it's naval warfare game/simulation.

Skybird
09-05-05, 03:48 PM
Agreed, but in some things it comes handy to have the most often used keyboard commands blindly accessible via the grip of your HOTAS. Maybe you find it easier to learn and remember the layout of commands of a HOTAS scheme, than all those keystrokes from that two pages list of keyboard commands. In some sims it is more practical than the keyboard. If DW is such a candidate I do not judge.