PDA

View Full Version : Theme/Song in "Hunt for the Red October"

ReubenJames
08-25-05, 01:20 PM
Given such an awesome game like DW, I like to have some compatible music in-game.

What is the song, that the seamen sang when Marco Ramius told them the mission of the Red October? You know near the beginning of the movie..

TLAM Strike
08-25-05, 01:22 PM
Its the Soviet National Anthem:
http://www.marxists.org/history/ussr/sounds/

SquidB
08-25-05, 01:26 PM
Given such an awesome game like DW, I like to have some compatible music in-game.

What is the song, that the seamen sang when Marco Ramius told them the mission of the Red October? You know near the beginning of the movie..

Heh my thoughts excatly that why I downloaded the Score.

I dont know if you mean the Track that plays as a part of the opening credits, or the one the crew actually sings...

"and the singing sir?"

"Let them sing Vasily"

The opening track is called "hymn to Red October" and infact the whole score has accompanied many a dive of mine.[/quote]

Kapitan
08-25-05, 01:40 PM
i have the sound track on CD and many versions of the national anthem

Soy'ooz neroosh'imi resp'ooblik svob'odnikh
Splot'ila nav'eki vel'ikaia Rus
Da zdr'avstvooyet sozdanni voley nar'odov
Yed'ini mog'oochi Sov'etski Soy'ooz

Sl'avsa ot'echestvo n'ashe svob'odnoye
Dr'oojbi nar'odov nady'ojni opl'ot
P'artia L'enina, - s'ila narodnaya
Nas k torjestv'oo kommun'izma vedy'ot

Skvoz g'odi siy'alo nam s'ontse svob'oodi
I L'enin vel'iki nam put ozar'il
Na pr'avoye d'elo on p'odnal nar'odi
na tr'ood i na p'odvigi nas vdokhnov'il

V pob'ede bessm'ertnih idey kommoon'izma
Mi v'idim grad'oosheye n'ashey strani
I kr'asnomoo zn'ameni sl'avnoj otch'izni
Mi b'oodem vsegd'a bezav'etno verni

and in english

Unbreakable Union of freeborn Republics,
Great Russia has welded forever to stand.
Created in struggle by will of the people,
United and mighty, our Soviet land!
Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Through tempests the sunrays of freedom have cheered us,
Along the new path where great Lenin did lead.
To a righteous cause he raised up the peoples,
Inspired them to labor and valorous deed.
[Or, the old way:
Be true to the people, thus Stalin has reared us,
Inspire us to labor and valorous deed!]

In the vict'ry of Communism's deathless ideal,
We see the future of our dear land.
And to her fluttering scarlet banner,
Selflessly true we always shall stand!

ReubenJames
08-26-05, 01:34 AM
Yes, it is the one Ramius replied "Let them sing, Vasily".

Yes, it is the National Anthem. A great one, it has been translated into over 30 different languages. I have downloaded the Hymn. It is great. Now I should get this National Anthem.

Thanks Kapitain for the English version. It's really shortens my search time over the net.

Thanks TLAM Strike for the link.

Kapitan
08-26-05, 01:43 AM
no problem the top one is transliterated russian :up: so you can sing along to it rather than reading cyrillic

ReubenJames
08-26-05, 01:43 AM
It is a aspiring National Anthem. It should encourage us in-game.

Kapitan
08-26-05, 01:45 AM
i have it playing on my laptop some times as well as other songs so i do listen and play

its great especialy when you all tense it helps to relax you

ReubenJames
08-26-05, 01:48 AM
Ah...the International one should be the one which was played in the motion picture "Air Force one". Remember, when the Russian general was in the progress of being released...the song was sung. He was shot not long after anyway :doh:

Thanks for the link!

Kapitan
08-26-05, 01:49 AM
no problem just hope the purple sheep dont eat it

ReubenJames
08-26-05, 02:08 AM
Human being has a weakness. They have fear when uncertainties come.

Nations between Nations, there exist to a certain extent, a doubt of TRUST. When this doubt is extended and enlarged, by whatever reasons, the uncertainties about what each will do to the others, fear of conflict starts to emerge. As it gets on bigger and bigger, when nothing could be done to resolve it, the anxieties of war comes to each other's mind.

I am sure that in the 60's, neither the American nor the Soviet wanted to go to war against each other. Each side was trying to play a game of "bluffing". Even the Cuban Missile Crisis, never represetns a direct attack on the soil of the United States was eminent. For those who would hope to rush to war, full-scale strike would have happened which at the end of the day would have ended the world.

"If Tomorrow War Comes" the lyrics, has triggered me to explain my thoughts and replies to worries about war. Glad that today, the cold war is over and it is only existent in this world of ours - namely, the Computer Gaming World.! :rotfl: :rock:

Dr.Sid
08-26-05, 02:12 AM
With a shock I realised I still remember it almost all. Here in Czech republic this song was quite 'popular' too and was used on many occasions. We also learned it in school (together with russian language). Well, the knowledge of cyrilic alphabet comes handy time to time anyway.

ReubenJames
08-26-05, 02:13 AM
no problem just hope the purple sheep dont eat it
Kapitain,
You Russian? But I see there is an U.K. flag in you avatar.

Kapitan
08-26-05, 06:48 AM
oh god not again ABRAHAM take ruben to the link please :D

ReubenJames
08-26-05, 01:47 PM
Many think I am Jewish. I am not. I can give you clue though for my origin. But that wouldn't lead you to the answer. You will have to guess a little bit.

Clue:

1) A great fan of Michael Caine, because he looks like my doctor when I was a kid, plus the fact that he speaks the most elegant English. Like almost all his motion pictures including "The Eagle has landed", "The Bridge too far", "The fourth protocol", "The whistle blower" just to name a few. He actually sponsored a project competitions on Computer Graphics for Manchester University when I was in my final year, doing a ray tracing project.

2) A big fan of Anthony Hopkins, because his acting is outstanding though Michael Caine is brilliant on the same scale, plus his excellent English accent. Like "Howards End", "The remains of the days", "The bridge too far", "Silence of the lamb".

3) Love Emma Thompson, like her acting in "Henry V", "Sense & Sensibility", "In the name of the Father", "Howards End", "The remains of the days"...again just to name a few. And her most elegant English accent.

4) Loves St. Ives, a small and peaceful village with a beach-full of fish & chips resturants. Though I don't know if there is a sub out there protecting us. It is the best place to watch the longest day which happens to be 21 June every year in England.

5) Cherish a special friendships with Britain established by many many peoples' effort.

6) An admirer of English culture, I love Britian.

7) But I am not born in Britian.

Okay, plot the solution into your computer, not a firing one pls! :lol:

Anyway, I am not Jewish. ;)

LuftWolf
08-26-05, 02:21 PM
The Rueben James is a OHP FFG, I know that much. :)

Kapitan
08-26-05, 03:42 PM
maybe american but im not sure wild guess though that you come from a european country

ReubenJames
08-24-06, 11:45 PM
Negative, but I do love European Culture!

Gentlemen, you better take a look at this wargame/boardgame(computer version):

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/distant_guns/default.asp

The Russo-Japanese war is one of the most interesting history of mankind. I did do a really little bit of research here and there, and this is what I have came up with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Japanese_War

"Read Ryan, Read!":p