PDA

View Full Version : D.W. questions about realism options and other....

08-23-05, 01:52 PM
Hello,
I have a installed the latest driver for my g. card(Geforce series) and have downloaded the latest (v101?) patch, however there still seem to be some issues that I needed to address.

1. Why do friendly (blue) units attack allied (orange) units? This happens in the final campaign mission playing as the FFG.

2. Why TLAM sometimes dives through shipyards and naval bases without detonating? This has happened in the final campaign mission while playing as the 688I.

3. Why are the PRC imp. Kilo not allowed to carry Klub capable missiles in the instant action game?

4. Why do ships run into eachother?

5. Why do dead platforms disappear while truth is activated? This wasnt a problem in Sub Command.

SubGuru is truly an awesome one-stop shop for this game as well as others. Do the downloads there fix these problems? Also, is there a place for downloads to fix some of the graphical issues I'm having. (My computer is about a year old and these aren't really horrendous problems, but they are bothersome nonetheless.

1. Animations(graphics) seem to hic-cup. You can see this by observing the prop spinning.

2. Sound drops in and out with a clicking noise that is sometimes noticable in 3D.

3. Is there a fix for the Helo throttle where it doesn't have to be full-power-or-crash-into-the-ocean?

4. Sometimes the sound doesnt work when the game starts. I usually restart 2-3 times before this works properly.

5. Sometimes platforms have no shadows, only a shadow-like line that extends from the platform to the ocean.

I appreciate any help with these issues. They really arent game-ending problems, just simply irritating sometimes. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
Thank you and to the entire subsim community. Youve been a big help since good ol' Silent Hunter.
Mark

Dr.Sid
08-24-05, 01:50 AM
1. Why do friendly (blue) units attack allied (orange) units? This happens in the final campaign mission playing as the FFG.

Most probably they did not. They attacked some enemy target nearby, only the friendly units got catched into it. AI is stupid enough to fire torpedoes against sub while defending surface convoy. Sometimes all you need to sink convoy is to show yourself for a while. They will sink themselfs.

2. Why TLAM sometimes dives through shipyards and naval bases without detonating? This has happened in the final campaign mission while playing as the 688I.

There is some bug .. I don't use them much, so I don't know exactly, but it is reported problem.

3. Why are the PRC imp. Kilo not allowed to carry Klub capable missiles in the instant action game?

Only one hull can do that, I guess it is 366 or 368, not sure. I think ONLY problem is that quick mission you can't pick hulls, or can you ? Not sure either.

4. Why do ships run into eachother?
Yet again, they are just that stupid. AI never is perfect, it can't be.

5. Why do dead platforms disappear while truth is activated? This wasnt a problem in Sub Command.

They are in fact removed from simulation at all. In some aspects this game is just not realistic. It is not big problem, after all.

SubGuru is truly an awesome one-stop shop for this game as well as others. Do the downloads there fix these problems? Also, is there a place for downloads to fix some of the graphical issues I'm having. (My computer is about a year old and these aren't really horrendous problems, but they are bothersome nonetheless.

As far as I know, there is no fix to problems you mentioned.

1. Animations(graphics) seem to hic-cup. You can see this by observing the prop spinning.
2. Sound drops in and out with a clicking noise that is sometimes noticable in 3D.
3. Is there a fix for the Helo throttle where it doesn't have to be full-power-or-crash-into-the-ocean?
4. Sometimes the sound doesnt work when the game starts. I usually restart 2-3 times before this works properly.
5. Sometimes platforms have no shadows, only a shadow-like line that extends from the platform to the ocean.

I don't encounter any of this except 3D sound issue. I have 3d sound turned off because of that. Then it runs fine. I also don't use shadows, it slows my comp down too much.
You should post these on forums at www.battlefront.com. Sonalyst guys goes here often, but they don't read everything.

08-24-05, 03:52 PM
Thank you for the info. I will check out battlefront.
-mark