PDA

View Full Version : Are CMs useful against Stallions and SS-N-27ASW?

MarkShot
08-11-05, 02:31 PM
Suppose you (sub) have picked up a distant (so you believe) Akula. All of a sudden its BB track goes bright with a transient and then faint again. Given the distance and the lack of super cavitation, it is likely that stallions and SS-N-27ASWs are inbound. Obvious, you should displace quickly.

My question: should you fire off a couple of CMs?

Given that these weapons circle, it is possible that CMs might cause them to stop circling and possibly point them in your general direction. Unlike inbound torpedoes which most likely approach the CMs from a specific direction, the same cannot really be said of a circling weapon.

So, what is the concensus? (btw, I am playing SCXIIC)

Thanks.

Molon Labe
08-11-05, 03:18 PM
In SCX (as opposed to DW) CMs will tend to attract those torps to you. Pay attention to the ping intervals and use CMs only if they have acquired. Turn repeatedly behind the CM to ensure that the lock is broken.

Blackmuzzle
08-11-05, 04:08 PM
I thought the rule of the day was to put the torp at the ship's beam and head straight for the area outside of the search cone?

Kapitan
08-11-05, 06:06 PM
yeah CM's aid that and they will go for the CM hopefully meaning that they wont hit the sub