PDA

View Full Version : woohoo!!!

elcid
07-26-05, 08:47 PM
My game just got in.. can't wait to get home, install it and crank it up!!!

and it only took about three weeks hehehe :D

Duncan Idaho
07-26-05, 08:52 PM

Happiness is. :)

Enjoy yourself, you're gonna have some serious fun now.

CobraCommander
07-26-05, 09:00 PM
I hope you have two weeks worth of toilet paper, espresso and tube meals at home.
You`ll need it! :rock:

(Little post-its with the name of girlfriends etc. at the monitor can really help)

(And ask your neighbour to feed your goldfish)

Mouseketeer
07-27-05, 06:26 AM
I hope you have two weeks worth of toilet paper, espresso and tube meals at home.

(Little post-its with the name of girlfriends etc. at the monitor can really help)

How true :lol:

SmokinTep
07-27-05, 06:30 AM
You'll be tied up for some time now.

elcid
07-27-05, 07:18 AM
hey, i've just had a close one with star force.. for a minute there I thought i wouldn't be able to play.. and I'm all set to learn U boat

had key code issues... i just registered at ubisoft and checked out support.
they have a valid key code posted. I just punched that in and it worked!

phew

Stealth Elephant
07-27-05, 07:22 AM
I had a pretty nasty problem upon install that was vaguely Starforce-related. The darn cd key printed on the label inside the DVD case wasn't being recognized! I must've typed in the stupid thing a dozen times or more before I finally broke down and called support.

After waiting some 15 minutes through agonizing elevator tunes, the lady at the support desk told me that the problem I was having was the result of the corporate bigwigs messing up big time. The last 6 or so digits at the end of the cd key AREN'T part of the cd key at all, but rather something like a lame UPC. I was entering the last 6 or so digits because it gave me the space to enter them, so in essence my cd keys were always 6 digits too long! Due to a bad marketing decision, they get loads of calls every single day complaining about "faulty cd keys".

SeaSlug_U999
07-27-05, 07:43 AM

Hehehehe, the voice of experience, huh? :rotfl:

Btw, I'm proud to anounce that this is the first game I haven't trashed away for more than 3 months of continous playing. And I am not a sim fan, I really enjoy strategy games. Played Empire Earth 2 (went out a month or so ago)..... :down: Bored me to death. The first one was MUCH, MUCH better. At least in my oppinion.

How the hell these people didn't make a poo-pile or money, I don't know.

Stealth Elephant
07-27-05, 07:47 AM
I never played the first Empire Earth, but I heard all the hooplah surrounding the sequel and gave it a go.

Not only does it run like molassas on my brand new gaming system, but it feels way too much like Rise of Nations and Age of Empires and pretty much everything that's come before it.

ReM
07-27-05, 07:53 AM

Enjoy enjoy.... :sunny:

SeaSlug_U999
07-27-05, 08:02 AM
I never played the first Empire Earth, but I heard all the hooplah surrounding the sequel and gave it a go.

Not only does it run like molassas on my brand new gaming system, but it feels way too much like Rise of Nations and Age of Empires and pretty much everything that's come before it.

You couldn't be more right. I saw an interview with the devs, in which they talked about 'the revolutionary graphics engine and stunning explosions'. After I played the game, I thought either they're complete idiots, or this is the standard phrasing when you talk about your product! :)

Ubi devs are really silly if they are just gonna trash away this engine.

Stealth Elephant
07-27-05, 08:05 AM
The one graphical element that really impresses me about Empire Earth II is the dynamic shadows. They're amazing, but I'm not aware of a single computer rig on the planet that could adequately run this game with the shadows enabled. It's barely stable with the shadows DISABLED, I say!

SeaSlug_U999
07-27-05, 08:22 AM
The one graphical element that really impresses me about Empire Earth II is the dynamic shadows. They're amazing, but I'm not aware of a single computer rig on the planet that could adequately run this game with the shadows enabled. It's barely stable with the shadows DISABLED, I say!

Mine works, but please don't ask the framerate. Besides, if more than 10 units are firing and producing explosions, (with DS enabled) sometime it freezes.

Anyway it suffers from the same old problem: my modern nuclear sub is being hunted by a oar-propelled trieme (which keeps up the speed with it:), an then fires burning arrows at my submerged boat, and... causes DAMAGE! :) Assuming that the arrows are really bad for a sub, (even if they still burn underwater :rotfl: ) I wonder still how he found me? Maybe they've asked a guy to stick his head under the keel and report whether he saw or heard a big black thing running at 1200 feet and 30 knots :rock:

Uhh , brought a tear to me eye! :lol:

The same thing happens when calvary attacks the panzers, bowmen down choppers, and so on.

Why do we need modern weapons?! :88)

Stealth Elephant
07-27-05, 08:29 AM

Anyway it suffers from the same old problem: my modern nuclear sub is being hunted by a oar-propelled trieme (which keeps up the speed with it:), an then fires burning arrows at my submerged boat, and... causes DAMAGE! :) Assuming that the arrows are really bad for a sub, (even if they still burn underwater :rotfl: ) I wonder still how he found me? Maybe they've asked a guy to stick his head under the keel and report whether he saw or heard a big black thing running at 1200 feet and 30 knots :rock:

:rotfl:

Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense
07-27-05, 08:58 AM
get dat boat into the water ElCid... and start the fun happenin' :up:

--Mike

Faamecanic
07-27-05, 10:15 AM
hey, i've just had a close one with star force.. for a minute there I thought i wouldn't be able to play.. and I'm all set to learn U boat

had key code issues... i just registered at ubisoft and checked out support.
they have a valid key code posted. I just punched that in and it worked!

phew

Heh heh...no new posts from Elcid..... so we all know he MUST be deep into the Trainging sessions now :D

I havent had a game engage me like this (bought the game 2 months ago ...and finished my first career from 1939 to the end of the war just this past Sunday) since the original Sid Mier's PIRATES on the Commodore 64. Starting on career number 2.

elcid
07-27-05, 06:56 PM
You're absolutely right, Faamecanic. hehehe. we're having some bad weather here and a branch fell over and knocked out power to my house.. that's when I noticed it was three in the morning...

I'm only just starting out but this is promising to be an outstanding game.

oh, and power's back up so I can play again tonight... there goes my social life

ReM
07-28-05, 05:03 AM
oh, and power's back up so I can play again tonight... there goes my social life

You will spend your days with about 40 sailors....that looks like a pretty busy social life to me! ;)

Zie Chuckinator
07-28-05, 09:59 AM

welcome to the club, and btw, u paid ur protection fees yet? lol jk.

elcid
07-31-05, 11:29 PM
Hi, thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Can you believe I haven't been able to play all weekend? The same weekend I got the game?

Anyway, I have a couple of questions:

At what point do you save after returning to base after patrol? I went on my first patrol and bagged myself a merchant. when I got back to port, the band started playing, the nurses started throwing flowers and all that.. then I saved the game. (perhaps that was my mistake)

when I tried to reload my career.. my patrol was gone...

Also, does anyone know the minimum arming range for those early war torpedoes? I onced first at a merchant from something like 200 meters. I just heard a loud thud and then nothing... did it not arm or what is simply a dud?

Thanks

ShipperS7
07-31-05, 11:32 PM
Played Empire Earth 2 (went out a month or so ago)..... :down: Bored me to death. The first one was MUCH, MUCH better. At least in my oppinion.

How the hell these people didn't make a poo-pile or money, I don't know. Most people aren't into sims and don't have the patience for this game... :roll: Also, does anyone know the minimum arming range for those early war torpedoes? I onced first at a merchant from something like 200 meters. I just heard a loud thud and then nothing... did it not arm or what is simply a dud?
The minimum range for early and pre-war torpedoes is about 300m If I remember correctly.