PDA

View Full Version : recommendations

WindDancer
07-26-05, 09:08 AM
been playing the game since it's release, but haven't modded yet.

There are now so many to chose from, so i'm looking for the top recommendations (ie. must haves) without duplicating new features.

be kind. Thanx.

IRIE.

The Avon Lady
07-26-05, 09:14 AM
I recommend this thread (http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40634). :yep:

slow_n_ez
07-26-05, 09:58 AM
The only mod I currently use is the anti-fatigue mod
By Church SUBSIM and DickDastardly .. just a config file that makes the crew last a bit longer ... I tried to find the link to it but maybe in the link The Avon Lady provided for you ......

good job to the mod makers :up: .. thank you very much :cool:

Stealth Elephant
07-26-05, 10:05 AM
By Church SUBSIM and DickDastardly .. just a config file that makes the crew last a bit longer ... I tried to find the link to it but maybe in the link The Avon Lady provided for you ......

I've been torn on whether or not to use this mod. I personally despise the crew management aspect of the game, and would like a reprieve. I don't, however, want to eliminate it completely, otherwise I'll feel like I'm cheating. I just want to pep up the crew a little more so that they can last longer without whining.

Does this mod DISABLE fatique, or simply LESSEN it? I hope it does the latter, because if so I'll definitely use it from now on!

slow_n_ez
07-26-05, 10:21 AM
By Church SUBSIM and DickDastardly ..

Does this mod DISABLE fatique, or simply LESSEN it? I hope it does the latter, because if so I'll definitely use it from now on!

Yes .. the latter .... just lessens the fatique is all .... I think the mod name was like " Vitiams for the crew " ..... anyways , they still will get tired but not so quickly .. then you'll still have to move them around so they can rest .. but at least you aren't spending pratically the whole patrol in the crew screen .....

edit .. called " no_fatigue.zip " ... and only a 10 kb download .... Sorry , I can't find it anywhere ,.. hope someone can point the way to it .. or just pm me and I 'll email it to anyone ...

Stealth Elephant
07-26-05, 10:25 AM
Thanks, man. Those medals and promotions just don't come soon enough!

wetgoat
07-26-05, 03:26 PM
Hey guys, the mod you're talking about is called '' no fatigue mod'' and is located in the downloads section of this site. As it was stated, it reduces fatigue, but does not do away with it. I use it myself because I don't want to do my entire patrol at 64 tc or higher in order to keep my crew from becoming exausted, nor do I want to spend most of my time at the crew screen babysitting. I'm the captain, dammit, and tucking my guys in every few minutes ain't my job!

WindDancer
07-27-05, 08:40 AM
THANX for all your responses.

However, by "mods" i meant the list of mods that changes things like
sky, new paints for freighter and warships, "realism", wakes, smoke,
etc.

Some seem to dulpicate features, and i was wonder if one or two stand out as "must haves"

wetgoat
07-27-05, 03:25 PM
I haven't gone through all the '' skins'' mods, however the few that I have viewed , looked very good. Now for something I do know: the ''improved smoke mod'' is outstanding. When you see a ship burning with this mod installed, it actually looks real,like a movie or something. Well anyway, you get the idea.