PDA

View Full Version : Stealth vessels

Ula Jolly
07-23-05, 01:04 PM
The French frigate La Fayette and Norwegian MTB (PTG?) Skjold are among the ships in the world that are designed for complete stealth. Well, near complete stealth. Radar stealth, at least. The Israeli frigate or destroyer uh... Ra'akh 5? Eil'ar 5? Don't remember the name of it, but anyway they're all meant for radar stealth.
Testing the Fayette in DW, I notice there isn't radar stealth. I don't know if what I saw was a relatively weak contact, seeing as I'm not often aboard the P-3, but I did see the French anyway. (EMCON)

UglyMowgli
07-23-05, 01:18 PM
The RCS of La Fayette class is given to be those of a fishing ship so you can try to edit a misison with a La Fayette, a FFG and a fishing ship and see on the P3 radar if the echo is the same for the 3 or if the FFG has a stronger return.

MaHuJa
07-24-05, 11:17 PM
Perhaps one of the better ways to do that is to give an AI the job of detecting and using -debugoutput etc. That's a common method of testing such anyway.

But mind the fact that radar also is aspect sensitive. If your target turns toward or from you, you won't get as strong a return.