PDA

View Full Version : Mod request to I.D. higher crew-rank?

Average Joe
07-14-05, 09:11 PM
Is it possible to create a mod, to make it easier to visually 'see' what rank he is?

For instance, I always want to know where crew-members are located, especially after they have obtained a 'German Cross in Gold' medal.

It would be so nice to visually 'see' this rank on any crew-member. Something like a gold or red check-mark on his uniform (or different color uniform?). This would make him very easy to spot.

I try to keep track of more experienced crew, but they get shuffled around a lot. I always end up having to click on each and every crew, to find out who's what, and where to best place them.

Is there any way to modify the crew/uniform, to visually display their rank?

Skweetis
07-22-05, 09:33 PM
I dont think so, but someone correct me if Im wrong...

The icons are the same for each crew "group" (ie officers, pettyofficers and sailors) regardless of their rank within that group, so you wouldnt be able to change the graphics by group rank, which is what you would need to do to display different ranks with their icon...

James

Average Joe
07-23-05, 08:49 PM
I dont think so, but someone correct me if Im wrong...

The icons are the same for each crew "group" (ie officers, pettyofficers and sailors) regardless of their rank within that group, so you wouldnt be able to change the graphics by group rank, which is what you would need to do to display different ranks with their icon...

James

Thanks for the info.

I just thought it'd be nice to I.D. any crew-member with the 'German Cross in Gold' medal, as they immune to fatigue.

My guess was to use something like the red 'check-mark' graphic (that shows a crew-member as fatigued), and somehow change it to a gold check-mark, when he becomes immune to fatigue. I'm also guessing there's nothing in the game-code to trigger it.