PDA

View Full Version : Air Power - latest version 1.4c

Caleb
07-07-05, 07:55 PM
You open fire on a ship with a flak gun? interesting tactics. i guess you dont like their paint job. because thats pretty much all you will change.

3. AI AA accuracy reduced (affects raids by German planes on enemy targets). Aircraft will no longer be destroyed immediately.

What does this mean exactly? Is this the AI of the enemy flak guns or does it affect my crew's AI as well? Even with the flak qualification, my crew couldn't hit the broadside of a battleship at 10 meters. :damn:

Syxx_Killer
07-07-05, 07:58 PM
You open fire on a ship with a flak gun? interesting tactics. i guess you dont like their paint job. because thats pretty much all you will change.

hehe I know. I was being facetious. To sum it up, I was saying my flak crew sucks. :rotfl: :damn:

BigDuke66
11-25-05, 10:59 AM
Is 1.4C still the latest version?

Pablo
11-25-05, 11:53 AM
1.4c is the latest AFAIK.

The Avon Lady
01-22-06, 10:17 AM
Bump. :smug:

Is the last version of the Airpower mod compatible with RUb 1.45?

Which of you are using this mod? Why do you like/dislike it? How has it affected your SH3 gameplay? :hmm:

Stiebler
01-22-06, 11:42 AM
There's been a lot of discussion in the Forum about the super-accuracy of the flak crews.

Since this is hard-coded, the best solution seems to be to improve the protection of the aircraft significantly. Have you done that with the newest release Jace11?

RUb's laughable solution was to reduce the flak range of the AA gunners to 300 metres. So all the gun crew sit around drinking coffee as an enormous bomber flies overhead shedding its bombs at 350 metres!

Stiebler.

CCIP
01-22-06, 12:05 PM
FYI, RUb includes all the latest work that has been done on AirPower, and this has been the case since the very beginning :)

Yes, the flak is THAT effective even with AirPower, that RUb had to drop the range by so much. Unfortunately, I believe that is as good as it will get.

Myself, I don't mind the low range. On a U-Flak, I managed to pop a dozen planes on a patrol (with RUb range). Even that is far, far above what reality could have been.

The issue is not so much flak power or plane armor, but really the AI - as much the too-good flak AI as the too-poor plane AI. And there's absolutely nothing we can directly do about either of those :(