PDA

View Full Version : Just installed Rub1.4b and have two issues

JScones
07-08-05, 10:22 PM
I have exactly the same problem. For me, it's not there with the stock v1.4b SH3...but add in RUb and it's there. Or, more to the point, it's there when I zoom to a specific level and there are contacts on the screen. With no contacts, I can zoom right in.

I also have the MapUpdates mod from UnrealUboat installed, but these are just the core SH3 1.4b files reintroduced over the RUb files. So, my guess is it's either a file in RUb that's causing the problem or a conflict when running RUb with the MapUpdates mod (perhaps *all* the stock SH3 files are not copied back across)?

Didn't notice the rain coats though...will check next time I play...And I'll check with just RUb installed...

Any ideas from anyone else?

glenno
07-08-05, 11:00 PM
I get the black square as well . What video cards are you using . Are they the Ti series .

JScones
07-08-05, 11:12 PM
Yup. Believe it or not I'm still running with a GeForce3 Ti200 with driver version 56.72 (appears to be the best for my card). No overclocking or anything fancy.

But I've never experienced any problems with SH3 before (not even the "NVidia bug"). Indeed, and at the risk of gloating and drawing wrath from a lot of others here, I've never even had as much as one CTD...well maybe one, but that was my fault. :)

So, while the obvious answer is that the hardware is cr*p, it has only appeared since installing RUb. Uninstall RUb and all's well again. It's frustrating, as I think the benefits of RUb outweigh this side effect, but it would be nice to figure out a solution.

JScones
07-09-05, 02:16 AM
I think I've progressed in my analysis. I noticed that the MapUpdates "un"mod doesn't copy back the source submarine *_shp.tga files, which the RUb readme says are also changed as part of the realistic plotting mod. Guess what...copied them back and no more black box. :smug:

So, this appears to be the solution if you are running the MapUpdates "un"mod. If you're not running the MapUpdates "un"mod, then I reckon there is a problem with the submarine *_shp.tga files included with RUb. Maybe a transparency setting? Maybe a combination of the files and our video cards/drivers? I dunno, so I'll leave this to the graphics experts to comment on...

Beery
07-09-05, 04:30 AM
I'm seeing some problems with the shp.tga file that is new to RUb 1.4*. Later versions will go back to the old Jace11 protractor. Anyone who's having this problem should try installing Jace's protractor mod (the submarine shp.tga files) over RUb. That should fix it. Sorry about that. It seems to be caused by some sort of graphics card incompatibility, because it works fine on my system.

Observer
07-09-05, 11:56 AM
Interesting. I knew there were problems with the 3,000 meter protractor on ATI cards, but I'd never heard of a problem with the 1,500 meter version until recently. Others have talked about an offset, but this is the first I've seen of this bug. I wonder if it's related to the driver/card issue other Nvidia users had with the offset?

I guess you learn something new every day. I'll put the default tgas into the unmod. Sorry about any problems this has caused.

Observer
07-09-05, 12:16 PM
Here's an updated version of the Unmod which restores all of the original tgas. If you want a protractor for the zoomed in view, you will have to install a version that works on your computer. The Jace version seems to be the most compatible.

http://rapidshare.de/files/2925468/Restore_Gods_Eye_View_v2.7z.html

sdcruz
07-09-05, 06:57 PM
I am running with a GeForec 3 Ti 4200!

Regards
Shelton.

Jace11
07-09-05, 07:07 PM
Eh? :huh:

Mine is kaputt, or someone elses. I thought they all work on the same principle. Maybe a size limit for big ones.?

CCIP
07-09-05, 07:29 PM
I have a hunch it's something up with the alpha channel. Does seem odd to say the least, but I guess it's possible that this particular one just has something in it that doesn't sit well with certain systems.

Observer
07-09-05, 09:19 PM

Mine is kaputt, or someone elses. I thought they all work on the same principle. Maybe a size limit for big ones.?

Not yours, the Pato version (1,500 meter). I think it's a driver bug, but I can't be sure.

sdcruz
07-09-05, 09:29 PM
I installed the mod suggested by Berry and that has seemed to have fixed the problem as described above (see picture)

Regards
Shelton.

Beery
07-09-05, 09:43 PM

Yours always worked fine. Although I always preferred it I (perhaps foolishly) used a different protractor (a bigger one) for RUb 1.42 simply because it came in a package with another mod (and because I was having some real life problems that cut down the time I could spend on the RUb mod). Anyway, the upshot was that I didn't want to mess too much with the configuration so I added the new mod 'as is'. Lesson learned - if it ain't broke, don't fix it, LOL. Needless to say, I'm going back to your mod ASAP.