PDA

View Full Version : Float planes mod

Capn Tucker
07-07-05, 10:46 AM
Serg, I replaced the British and German ship files (Bismarck, KGV etc) with stock v1.4 ones. I can now look at British/German ships in the Museum. I can also look at the Arado and Walrus planes.
This tells me that my CTDs are being caused by the ship cfg files..
Ideas?

Shadow9216
07-07-05, 10:58 AM
I had problems with mods conflicting- when I went in and manually added the floatplanes, bases and ships, THEN ran mods using Jones, I had no problems.

I realize that's not the point, nor the purpose of the JGSME, but I had 3 different mods conflicting, and I wanted to run them all...so I backed up my files, hard coded the mods I really wanted to run bad, then added the others using the enabler. Perhaps not as elegant, but I enjoy adding a lot of the "fluff" that makes this a better game, and this seemed to me like the optimal solution.

Capn Tucker
07-07-05, 01:04 PM
Damn, everyone but me seems to be able to get the floatplanes mod to work. Other than floatplanes, I don't have any other mods that affect cfg files except sub crush depth, torpedo range, and max boat range. They shouldn't have anything to do with the planes.
I manually installed the floatplanes files, and am sure everything is in the right place. Oh well. It would have been nice to have two new planes, but they just don't work (for me anyway)..
:(

sergbuto
07-07-05, 02:07 PM
Captn Tucker,

Even without modified CFG files of ships, Walrus and Arado can be spawn by airbases as it is specified in LAB_LargeAirBaseGB.cfg and LAB_LargeAirBaseGE.cfg coming with the mod. Your trouble with ships is quite a puzzle. I have no clue unless the files are somehow corrupt. You may want to try to paste the Airgroup entries by hand into working stock CFG files of ships and do them one by one.

Capn Tucker
07-08-05, 02:58 AM
Captn Tucker,

Even without modified CFG files of ships, Walrus and Arado can be spawn by airbases as it is specified in LAB_LargeAirBaseGB.cfg and LAB_LargeAirBaseGE.cfg coming with the mod. Your trouble with ships is quite a puzzle. I have no clue unless the files are somehow corrupt. You may want to try to paste the Airgroup entries by hand into working stock CFG files of ships and do them one by one.

OK, so the planes can still fly from shore bases. That's good at least. I will try manually inputting info into one of the ship cfg files and see what happens. If I still CTD after that, then I'm not going to worry about it any more..

oRGy
09-02-05, 08:51 AM
Sorry for the resurrection, but are these planes included in Airpower now (which is in RuB) or will they be? They seem to be a good addition.

HundertzehnGustav
09-02-05, 08:57 AM
afaik, nope- get them at sergbutos site.... :cool:
must have must have :yep:

sergbuto
09-02-05, 09:02 AM
Sorry for the resurrection, but are these planes included in Airpower now (which is in RuB) or will they be? They seem to be a good addition.

I guess this question is rather for Beery than for me because I have nothing to do with RUb. The only advise I can give is that the above decribed proceedure to make the mod compatible with Airpower should be valid in case of RUb too.

oRGy
09-02-05, 09:09 AM
Interesting... If that doesn't happen I can put them into the IUB mod, which installs on top of RuB 1.43.