PDA

View Full Version : Mod: High Resolution U-Boat Texture Pack

Syxx_Killer
07-11-05, 10:21 PM
Hey, sean. Haven't seen you around in a long time. Everything all right? Any updates to the texture pack? :D

HundertzehnGustav
07-12-05, 08:08 AM
YEAAAAA
YEAAAAAAAAAAA :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

JHUMPS UP AND DOWN LIKE CHILD ON CHRISMAS EVE
:rock: :arrgh!: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

KICKASSSSSSSSSS :up:

Sean
08-03-05, 04:43 PM
Check it out, I'm making an update!

First, of course, I have to re-install everything, get it all set up and ready to go - so that will take a while. In the mean time, I'm curious; what would be the first thing I should change? Opinions as to where I should go next?

Somone posted, quite a long time ago, actually, that the deck looks "rusty." I believe that the surface of the boat is intended to give the appearance of tarred wood, but I'm honestly not sure. So, in improving the deck texture, should I be looking at steel plating or goop-covered planks?

Or did someone else go ahead and create an awesome skin pack and make all of this irrelevant? :P

LukeFF
08-03-05, 04:47 PM
Somone posted, quite a long time ago, actually, that the deck looks "rusty." I believe that the surface of the boat is intended to give the appearance of tarred wood, but I'm honestly not sure. So, in improving the deck texture, should I be looking at steel plating or goop-covered planks?

Or did someone else go ahead and create an awesome skin pack and make all of this irrelevant? :P

Other than Konrad_Krumm, no one else has really come out with high-quality skins for all the U-boats. So, IMO it'd be just fine of you to improve the deck textures. Right now they are WAY too rusty. Improving the look of the steel while keeping some semblance of rust would be my suggestion.

Syxx_Killer
08-03-05, 05:19 PM
It's great that you will be resuming the u-boat skins. Not much has come in the way of that.

Capn Tucker
08-04-05, 03:05 AM
Check it out, I'm making an update!

First, of course, I have to re-install everything, get it all set up and ready to go - so that will take a while. In the mean time, I'm curious; what would be the first thing I should change? Opinions as to where I should go next?

You should be looking at black painted wood decks. U-boat decks (and every other navy's subs) were wood over a steel framework, not all steel...

999-Jay-999
08-04-05, 05:54 AM
Great work !!!! :up:

Duli
08-04-05, 09:21 AM
Hi. Here is the only one colourfull picture that I have from U-Boots.

http://freeweb.siol.net/dsimon1/0-picture.gif

The VIIC on the left (the one with the white conning tower) has the arctic colour sheme, used for patrols in the arctic waters. Maybe you could do something similar, and we would use it at 11th flottila in Bergen, which was assembled for that purpose?

ming
09-03-05, 02:55 PM
Say, I mainly lurk and have only just now registered so that I could get these excellent textures. I did not find a TXXI but read that one would be done by Sean. Have I missed it or has it not been done yet? BTW, these are some great textures!

Type941
09-03-05, 03:18 PM
Don't want to be a pest, but for future can you make them JGSME compatible please? :yep: Keep up the great work!

ApolloFS
10-04-05, 10:41 PM
Fantastic work! I've been skinning aircraft for flight sims for many years and I can say your work is trully amazing!

Are you thinking of releasing or "licensing" a .psd template?

caspofungin
10-17-05, 06:10 PM
your skins are sweet -- the camo VII is my personal fav. any chance of spreading the camo love to the towers?

ps hope your exams went well