PDA

View Full Version : Cold Waters in the hand of an ex USS Philadelphia SSN 690 crew

xXNightEagleXx
06-06-17, 03:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ5qDn0KM8E

update: this is not me...

Nippelspanner
06-06-17, 04:36 PM
That clickbait, though! :haha:

xXNightEagleXx
06-06-17, 04:53 PM
That clickbait, though! :haha:

a bit XD

Nippelspanner
06-06-17, 05:02 PM
Can't blame you. In the naval sim community, a real 688 driver is drawing attention like a topless Cheerleader.

You are a topless Cheerleader.

clayton
06-06-17, 05:48 PM
I liked the video. I'll look out for more from your channel. Still on the fence, but I have faith in the developers and the community.

I've watched other players and its a bunch of f^ this and f^ that...so nice to enjoy a calm player.

Onkel Neal
06-06-17, 08:09 PM
Topless cheerleaders in Cold Waters? Where? :Kaleun_Applaud:

strykerpsg
06-06-17, 10:40 PM
Fantastic video! Actually watched about 2/3rds of it before realizing how long it was. Great display of your former trade craft, even in a virtual setting.

What are your thoughts on the frequency of wire breakage? The development team put it at 25%, though my experience within the game is much higher, even after purposely practicing all the right conditions. I noticed in your video quite a few breaks too but some were attributed to higher than usual speed and I think another was off angle more than 60 degrees.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

xXNightEagleXx
06-07-17, 01:51 AM
I liked the video. I'll look out for more from your channel. Still on the fence, but I have faith in the developers and the community.

I've watched other players and its a bunch of f^ this and f^ that...so nice to enjoy a calm player.

Fantastic video! Actually watched about 2/3rds of it before realizing how long it was. Great display of your former trade craft, even in a virtual setting.

What are your thoughts on the frequency of wire breakage? The development team put it at 25%, though my experience within the game is much higher, even after purposely practicing all the right conditions. I noticed in your video quite a few breaks too but some were attributed to higher than usual speed and I think another was off angle more than 60 degrees.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

that wasn't me XD

strykerpsg
06-07-17, 03:23 AM
that wasn't me XD

LOL! Cool video anyway. Thanks for the clarification.

Nippelspanner
06-07-17, 06:20 AM
Topless cheerleaders in Cold Waters? Where? :Kaleun_Applaud:

Hidden achievement.
You unlock it by finishing any mission without broaching.
Sorry Neal, this achievement is not for you.

clayton
06-07-17, 11:56 AM
Well, I just bought it--only because this guy gives such excellent feedback and play style.
Looking forward to it!

subman311
06-16-17, 11:15 PM
@NightEagle,
Rotten Groton memories of the 690 here , I served on board the Philly for all of a week, had learned my way around when they needed a QM on the Ben Franklin SSBN 640 down in Charleston SC, I was at sea 3 days later, loving the game and great to see an active modding community building.