PDA

View Full Version : This game NEEDS mods.

Red October1984
03-26-12, 10:30 PM
Can we get some mods please? :shifty: This game is too dull and boring. Need something to spice it up. Like playable SSKs :yep: in singleplayer, ACTUVs with :yeah:weapons, more variety in the missions. :down: I don't ever report my mission results to DARPA, so why not get some mods?:yep:

Theta Sigma
03-26-12, 11:27 PM
IIRC, the project, as far as the simulator goes, is over. They got their stats and the site is under archive status at DARPA.

In one sense, that leaves it open since there's not likely to be any further development, but it's also more akin to the sim that DW evolved from, and that's not a retail program, but a government one. While the mods that are available for DW may violate the Sonalysts terms of use to a varying degree, ACTUV is a Sonalysts project for DARPA, and that could be a different ball of wax when it comes to the terms and their enforcement.

Krauter
03-27-12, 02:00 AM
Can we get some mods please? :shifty: This game is too dull and boring. Need something to spice it up. Like playable SSKs :yep: in singleplayer, ACTUVs with :yeah:weapons, more variety in the missions. :down: I don't ever report my mission results to DARPA, so why not get some mods?:yep:

Hmm.. How does one go ahead and mod files that are given to us to test strategies out? ACTUV -Tactics is not a game but a simulation per se. If you want playable SSKs go to DW.. ACTUV is not designed to carry weapons. nor is it coded in this game. Mod it into DW and you've got it...

If you don't report your missions its your business but this application, to DARPA at least, is not a game but a simulator and thus its files are not up for grabs to do with as we please.

Theta Sigma
03-27-12, 07:33 AM
The closest you'll get to the subject of mods in relation to ACTUV is the extraction of ACTUV models for LWAMI.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=191950

Hinrich Schwab
03-27-12, 03:32 PM
I haven't done anything with them, yet. As far as the ACTUV sim goes, it has run its course. It existed solely for the DARPA contract and was never meant to be a proper game. Even in the game, it is obvious; the GATOR will bust you out and there is nothing you can do except to avoid it at all costs. You can't run. You certainly can't hide. Once you are within 3000yds, it has you locked up.

Red October1984
03-27-12, 04:18 PM
Alrighty then.