PDA

View Full Version : Well, this sucks...

Safe-Keeper
04-01-10, 10:04 AM
Okay, so I load up Silent Warfare 5.1, and after the tutorial mission I sail back to the sub pen. After the part where you realize the pen is under attack from commandos, and you have to mow them down with your flak gun, I talk to the commander who tells me, via satellite map showing lots of fancy wireframes and poorly researched military jargon, that the Brits are at war with us. Whoop-de-doo, I was wondering who we were going to fight with our sole enemy and her grand navy of stationary cargo ships defeated.

So I take control of the sub, buy the new wire-guided torpedoes and the newly released cruise missiles, and set off to sea, gunning and torpedoing the required 2 million tons of ships, and I'm almost at the part where you have to dock your sub in London and seize the Parliament when all of a sudden...

RED CIRCLE OF DEATH!!111

I'm going back to Silent Hunter 5 for the PC, and if it wasn't for the fact that I rented this damned X-Box, it'd go in the trash.

Sailor Steve
04-01-10, 10:06 AM
r

t

f

m

n(.)(.)b!

frau kaleun
04-01-10, 10:10 AM
:har: :har: :har:

Chad
04-01-10, 10:13 AM
You had me..

The commandos comment really got me, I was hoping that (not that far in the campaign) we wouldn't have to "mow down" commandos around our port :haha:

Bilge_Rat
04-01-10, 10:15 AM
...at least you can play it offline...

:lurk:

Sailor Steve
04-01-10, 10:16 AM
I can't...

Cuz I'z too st00pid!:88)

mcarlsonus
04-01-10, 04:16 PM
FINALLY !! A REAL way to actually use the flak guns!!!

frau kaleun
04-01-10, 05:57 PM
FINALLY !! A REAL way to actually use the flak guns!!!

I've been using them to drown out the voices in my head. BRAKKABRAKKABRAKKA! So loud and so beautiful!

Sadly, the voices also say BRAKKABRAKKABRAKKA! so it's mostly a pointless endeavor, except when Bernard's out on the foredeck. We like to make him dance for us. Dance, Bernard, dance! BRAKKABRAKKABRAKKA!

We go through a lot of Bernards on our boat.