PDA

View Full Version : [REL] AI & Uboat tweaks

Ducimus
03-08-10, 01:17 PM
Edit:
Pulled AI tweaks because they were too sensitive for most people to handle. Leaving changes i made posted below in case someone cares to duplicate for their own use.

AI sensor changes from stock:
- sim.cfg -> increased AI connon max firing range from 6000 to 7000
- sim.cfg -> increased AI Cannons Max error angle from 3 to 4.
- sim.cfg -> increased AI AA guns max firing range from 1500 to 3000
- sim.cfg -> Visual: increased surface factor from 50 to 40.
- sim.cfg -> Hydrophones: increased noise factor from 1.3 to 0.45
- sim.cfg -> Sonar: increased surface factor from 520 to 320.

- AI_Sensors.sim -> reduced max elevation of type 123A sonar from 100 to 115
- AI_Sensors.sim -> reduced max elevation of type 128A sonar from 100 to 120

- DC_barrels.sim -> reduced Depth Percision from 5 to 10
- DC_barrels.zon -> increased DC Damage radius from 2 min, 4 max, to 4 min, 14 max
- DC_barrels.sim ->increased DC explosion to 55 (up from 40)

- /data/air/*.*/*.SNS -> changed Visual sensor from AI_visual to AI_Visual_bs

edit:
Pulled Uboat tweaks for two reasons:

1.) I think GC_height was set too high. Getting too much roll/pitch

2.) After some thought, i decided that adding 30% to surface endurance to account for flat map projection was unneccessary given the operating area of type 7 uboats, and while the intentions were good, the end result was too gamey as it removed fuel management from play.

ReFaN
03-08-10, 01:20 PM
Sad to se you go Ducimus, atleast you tried. :wah:

Myxale
03-08-10, 01:57 PM
Aww man. :o

I didn't think this would come this soon!

Sad to see letting go of 5, Ducy!

Maybe you will keep modding the other SH titles!

urfisch
03-08-10, 02:02 PM
uhhh...this is hard. but i understand you...

sergei
03-08-10, 02:07 PM
Thanks for trying Ducimus, appreciate it.

TheDarkWraith
03-08-10, 02:39 PM
All please follow Ducimus's example in how he DOCUMENTED the changes he made. Everyone should follow this example :yep:

Ducimus
03-08-10, 03:02 PM
All please follow Ducimus's example in how he DOCUMENTED the changes he made. Everyone should follow this example :yep:

Heh, i don't always do that. Though i know i should. :D It also occured to me, i forgot to annotated that i reduced Thermal Layer Signal Attenuation to 1. They really weren't attainable in the atlantic, being deeper then boats could dive.

Highbury
03-08-10, 04:43 PM
Thanks for your efforts Ducimus. Sorry to see the DRM drive you away. My only issue with it from the start has been it's potential to drive away modders..

The modding community will be lesser for not having you participate in it. I appreciate what you have done :up:

Jimbuna
03-08-10, 04:44 PM
Heh, i don't always do that. Though i know i should. :D It also occured to me, i forgot to annotated that i reduced Thermal Layer Signal Attenuation to 1. They really weren't attainable in the atlantic, being deeper then boats could dive.

Now how much was that wager for? :hmmm:

:DL

Ducimus
03-08-10, 04:52 PM
Now how much was that wager for? :hmmm:

:DL

Which one? That GWX would be back, or that i wouldn't be modding? I've definatly slipped on the later. :damn: The former remains to be seen. :O:

I know one thing though, i'm tired, a bit hung over, pissed at ubi, and pretty much done now.

GDFTigerTank
03-08-10, 04:52 PM
WAIIIIT! :timeout: If they remove the DRM will you come back? :cry:

Ducimus
03-08-10, 04:58 PM
There are plenty of other modders. I'm betting at least half of them are smarter then I. The game mods don't stop just because some loudmouth twit with a high post count like myself throws in the towel. :haha:

Jimbuna
03-08-10, 05:01 PM
Which one? That GWX would be back, or that i wouldn't be modding? I've definatly slipped on the later. :damn: The former remains to be seen. :O:

I know one thing though, i'm tired, a bit hung over, pissed at ubi, and pretty much done now.

Yeah...it has been a long and at times arduous path http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

Ducimus
03-08-10, 05:24 PM
Yeah...it has been a long and at times arduous path http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

A long and arduous path? Nooo, not at all! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiL7bUBWgnQ) :haha:

kapitan_zur_see
03-08-10, 06:15 PM
although you plan on leaving SH5, your contributions are much appreciated Ducimus :up:
We will miss your expertise

Ducimus
03-08-10, 06:56 PM
I'll be playing, just not modding.

Able72
03-08-10, 11:29 PM
Dude. . . this is a sad day. Each dedicated modder that walks away from this equates to hundreds or thousands of man hours spent modding this game over the next two to three years (how long I figure it will take to get it up to snuff and worth playing really).

Ducimus, have you considered . . . well you know. It shall remain unspoken.

Either way. :salute: You will be missed. I just hope it won't be forever that you will be gone.

Ekessler
03-09-10, 02:09 PM
Ducimus do very intresting job
(or work ?? i dont know how correctly should say)...

so He change engine throttle settings and dive depth.

1 queustion. if i change another value i cfg will that work???
or i must find and change the same value in .sim i .zon file ????
.cfg file i can open with notepad ++ and change value is very simple...

2 .sim i .zon file i open with silent 3editor.. from skaws..
but i dont see any value and dont know how find and change it i .sim i .zon file ????

maybe im just to stupid???
or i should use another software???

and if anyone can me explain how Ducimus change the value of uboots will be nice....

i know - my englis is bad...
sooryhttp://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/icons/icon3.gif

Dragon81
03-10-10, 01:18 AM
@ Ducimus: Thanks for the awesome mod!
Yesterday was the first time a destroyer noticed my incoming torpedo! :up:

But I had a problem with the Uboot-Tweak and I hope you will fix this or rather tell us what value we have to change.

I was diving in raw sea and want to reemerge. The tower was out of the water but in the moment the deck want to come out the boat was diving 1-2 m again. The boat won't come out of the water. :doh:
I tryed it several times... every time the same behaviour till the oxygen was used up. :zzz:

Weather-guesser
03-10-10, 11:19 PM
Come back home to us Ducimus. We need you and your talent for the missing bow splash sound. :timeout: We need some swoosh! for our high sea immersion factor.

Ducimus
03-10-10, 11:44 PM
Dragon81,
i don't know what your experiecning there, but im using the same uboat tweaks and i haven't had any problem. Have you been alt tabbing at all? If SH5 is anything like SH4, it won't like that.

I have only made one change to those files since i posted them, and that was changing the CG_height in the sim files from 2.4 to 1.9. I found that the boat was rolling around a bit too much, and found myself catapulted on top of the UZO once or twice when the boat rolled just the right way.

And Two stars. wow, i am the popular one ain't i? :haha:

ironkross
03-10-10, 11:46 PM
It's sad because SHV could be so much better with you creating mods for it Ducimus, and if half the modders are smarter than you, why wasn't a better mod than Trigger Maru ever developed for SHIV?!

Soviet_Warlord
03-11-10, 12:56 AM
Yes don't abandon us Ducimus :DL

Dragon81
03-11-10, 01:28 AM
Dragon81,
i don't know what your experiecning there, but im using the same uboat tweaks and i haven't had any problem. Have you been alt tabbing at all? If SH5 is anything like SH4, it won't like that.

I have only made one change to those files since i posted them, and that was changing the CG_height in the sim files from 2.4 to 1.9. I found that the boat was rolling around a bit too much, and found myself catapulted on top of the UZO once or twice when the boat rolled just the right way.

And Two stars. wow, i am the popular one ain't i? :haha:

I'm sitting in a Type 7a (first boat in the kampagne) and I can't come back to the surface. In the moment the deck is coming out of the water I can hear the blow-out sound and the boat is gooing down for 1-2 meter so I can't open the bridge door.
If I uninstall the Uboat-Tweak everything is working fine.

Am I the only one who have this problem at row sea?

I have installed the "Improved Waves and Improved roll&pitch" Mod now:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1300218&postcount=1

This mod is working fine. Maybe you can check this settings and compare with yours. :03:

Piggy
03-11-10, 08:31 PM
Dragon, Im betting its something to do with the improved roll/pitch mod and this one... did you get any overwrite warnings in JSGME when combining the two?

I would suggest removing one and seeing if it still persists.

I was just about to try that roll/pitch mod out... I just can't believe how wrong they (UBI) got ship movement again...:nope:

Edit: nevermind.. I miss read your post, thought you were using both mods together.

PS: Ducimus.. Sad to see you leave the modding community but I understand your decision and I would like to say thank for all the great work you've done with SH3 & 4! of course I would love to see you reverse this decision.... (hint UBI.. drop the online garbage!)

Cheers

nycoroner05
03-11-10, 09:22 PM
Do whatever you want with these files. I had plans to do much more in adjusting the both the AI and Uboats, but upon discovering that when Ubi's servers go down, you are made to suffer for it, i decided i am not going to invest any more time modding this game. So I am releasing them as/is.

AI Tweaks: http://www.filefront.com/15776267/REL_AI_Detection_Tweaks.7z/

Uboat Tweaks: http://www.filefront.com/15776285/REL_UboatTweaks.7z/

Was about to adjust the crash dive time this morning, adn the missing bow wave splash sound (had to fix it in SH4 as well :nope: ), but... PHHHHHTTT screw DRM. :down:

Just as well, i got things to finish with my other project anyway.
be well

Ducimus
03-11-10, 09:31 PM
Weeee, I can already see mod compatiblity is going to be a big issue in SH5 because a few changes here, can sometimes cause a seemingly unrelated reaction elsewhere. There's a point where i stop trouble shooting my work, and thats when other mods are involved. Im pretty sure there is nothing wrong from my settings aside from the CG_height being set too high, mainly because i did play test it and have had no issues other then being dropped from ubi's retarded servers. :haha:

I wonder who's going to produce the first supermod here, cause its gonna be a regular alphabet soup until then.

jazman
03-11-10, 10:49 PM
Ducimus has said "good-bye" countless times. His tweaking nature always brings him back. He just can't help himself. And then he lets us benefit from all his work.

AndrejD
03-12-10, 04:39 AM
How did you edit *.sim files ?

What program did u use ?

Aniuk
03-12-10, 05:15 AM
There are plenty of other modders. I'm betting at least half of them are smarter then I. The game mods don't stop just because some loudmouth twit with a high post count like myself throws in the towel. :haha:

maybe, maybe. But I love your mods. Although I do play around with SH5 and really like it (NOT):damn: Going right back to SH4 with TMO. Plenty of fun there thanks to you. You're perhaps not the smartest modder (your own words), but I love your mods and enjoy playing. That's enough for me. So please, take care and once in a while drop a Mod or two. Can you do that, plse?

:salute: Aniuk

Barso
03-12-10, 05:24 AM
It is always a shame when modders like Ducimus move on and I am sure you will be missed.
I am sure everyone here and SH5 will welcome you back with open arms if you decide to reverse your decision.
But I am sure there are other modders willing to take up his mantle and hopefully come to the bridge with mods that will totally push SH5 to its limits.
COME BACK DUCIMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgtmonkeynads
03-12-10, 05:43 AM
Don't be surprised if your walking down the street and bump into a R2 unit that plays the recorded Holo-Message....

"Help us Ducimus, your our only hope."
:D

Thanks for everything, great job so far.

sergei
03-12-10, 08:16 AM
How did you edit *.sim files ?

What program did u use ?

S3D.
See this thread
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571

GDFTigerTank
03-12-10, 08:45 AM
We definitely need the mastermind of Trigger Maru with us in SH5... :cry:

The alphabet soup is getting insane already...

AndrejD
03-12-10, 08:50 AM
S3D.
See this thread
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571

S3D Doesn`t open *.sim files properly. So i guess he used something else...

sergei
03-12-10, 09:43 AM

Oh, I forgot. :oops:
Yep some files you can still open in S3D, but a lot of them in SH5 you gotta use the Goblin Editor.
See the sticky Mod Tools at the top of the forum for help using this.
Good luck, I've had a look at some files using it and haven't figured it out yet.

romanopoly
03-12-10, 10:23 AM
I hope that there are more fans out on the web who love SH5, even if the publisher is a company with a management full of *******s. I have bought other games of Ubisoft, but never again, only SH5. Ubisoft is maybe godd for ConsoleKiddies, but for noone else. I really hope that SilentHunter will go on with another company not with this ****ing ****. but But if the modders stop making mods for SH5 than this is even more annoying, because what Ubisoft has given us at first was bader than SH4 and it is not easy to turn good things to bad, but they seem to be stupid enough. For example i am not able to say to my crew: Stop The Fire so they shoot and shoot and suddenly i am out of amo. And problems existing since SH3 are still there, so what have they done? But because i likie to walk through the boat and I hope that they will make it better and start thinking a little bit I also hope that the modders go on with their very good job. What Ubisoft could have done if they would have thought, that you have to go to the navigation map to use it instead having it on the right site. This would add realism and shouldnt be difficult.

EgoApocalypse
03-12-10, 10:38 AM
Never say never...........

Hope to see work for SH5 from ya again soon:DL

piri_reis
03-12-10, 11:23 AM
Ducimus, have you seen the Scripts\AI\ files yet?

ShipTactics.aix contains OperationPlaster, all kinds of algorithms to script "plaster passes", dc runs, formation changes, spiral searches,... :DL

AndrejD
03-12-10, 11:23 AM
Oh, I forgot. :oops:
Yep some files you can still open in S3D, but a lot of them in SH5 you gotta use the Goblin Editor.
See the sticky Mod Tools at the top of the forum for help using this.
Good luck, I've had a look at some files using it and haven't figured it out yet.

I will try but I don`t know where I get Goblin editor... :(

sergei
03-12-10, 12:09 PM
Comes with the game. FREE!
In the same folder as your SH5 exe.

Ducimus
03-12-10, 12:23 PM

Goblin editor. It comes with the game.

edit: ehh.. oops, sergiei just said that.

Onkel Neal
03-12-10, 03:34 PM
I hope that there are more fans out on the web who love SH5, even if the publisher is a company with a management full of *******s. I have bought other games of Ubisoft, but never again, only SH5. Ubisoft is maybe godd for ConsoleKiddies, but for noone else. I really hope that SilentHunter will go on with another company not with this ****ing ****. but But if the modders stop making mods for SH5 than this is even more annoying, because what Ubisoft has given us at first was bader than SH4 and it is not easy to turn good things to bad, but they seem to be stupid enough. For example i am not able to say to my crew: Stop The Fire so they shoot and shoot and suddenly i am out of amo. And problems existing since SH3 are still there, so what have they done? But because i likie to walk through the boat and I hope that they will make it better and start thinking a little bit I also hope that the modders go on with their very good job. What Ubisoft could have done if they would have thought, that you have to go to the navigation map to use it instead having it on the right site. This would add realism and shouldnt be difficult.

You waited 5 years to make a post like that? :nope:

Hitman
03-12-10, 04:30 PM
The last time he said he was leaving a mod scene (SH4) we got Trigger Maru :haha:, so I guess this time we can expect something really great for Sh5 :yeah:

No, seriously, I modded SH2 to death many years ago and got really, really fed up with it. I thought I would leave it forever, specially when Sh3/4 came out and I faced the new steeeeeep learning curve again. And what happened? Look at the Sh3/4 mods forum, there I am modding the interface for Sh3 and the skins and models for SH4 :damn:

I no longer did major mods, but I never left completely. I guess (And hope) Ducimus will do the same, and we will still get here and there some bits of his talent for our enjoyment. And, since I'm not getting SH5 until the DRM is patched out by UBI, I guess I'll arrive at the same time as Duci gets back :haha:

Stormfly
03-12-10, 05:12 PM
Ducimus please renember "We should never SURRENDER" :timeout:

rik007
03-12-10, 05:37 PM
Ducimus please renember "We should never SURRENDER" :timeout:

Every day I start SH5 to give it another try. After half an hour I stop it when I get irritated by the bugs. I do understand Ducimus standpoint. You spent a lot of time modding but if the fundament is rotten it's a waiste of time. Today I'm desperately tuning the sim.cfg file hoping that my deck watch will react on the approaching destroyers. Realy nothing happens. Even when the destroyers are 20 Meters away from the sub. I cannot understand that Ubi created this mess while they should have knowledge and experience from SH3 and SH4. They invested in the ability to run around in a sub instead of investing in the real beef: the simulation.

I dream of having the SH3 source code. After some bugfixing and a introducing a Wolfpacksystem and surface attack ability you would already have a pearl forever - and about everybody in this forum knows that. Beatiful graphics are great. But the choice between graphics and gamebalance should be an easy one.

AndrejD
03-12-10, 07:33 PM
Comes with the game. FREE!
In the same folder as your SH5 exe.

Lol

I found it.

thx :)

Ducimus
03-12-10, 08:29 PM
Today I'm desperately tuning the sim.cfg file hoping that my deck watch will react on the approaching destroyers. Realy nothing happens. Even when the destroyers are 20 Meters away from the sub

Sim.cfg isn't the droid your looking for. Sensors.cfg is. Regardless, an unresponsive watch crew i do not think is sensor related, but skill/ability and/or morale related issue. I could be wrong, but i did give the sensor.cfg and watch crew visual sensor a quick look see and found nothing out of the ordinary.

Ruslan
04-12-10, 04:09 PM
Am thing this mod unreal,its very very hard,sonar found me easy at dept 175 meters in 1939 year.Im hope next version this wil be balansed:salute:

Ducimus
04-12-10, 08:21 PM
Am thing this mod unreal,its very very hard,sonar found me easy at dept 175 meters in 1939 year.Im hope next version this wil be balansed:salute:

There will be no more versions. I have half a mind to delete this one. People complained about an unresponsive AI, so I hit it with a sledgehammer to get it to do something. :haha:

If you want better AI, keep an eye out for Nisgeis's work.

TheDarkWraith
07-07-10, 08:16 AM
by chance anyone still have the files for this? If so, can you provide a link or send them to me?

W_clear
07-08-10, 01:22 AM
by chance anyone still have the files for this? If so, can you provide a link or send them to me?

I can tell you ,

No matter which you use a hard AI of the MOD, are useless。This is not SH4.If want to strengthen AI to SH5,Only producers re-release patch。

I tried various adjustments, but can not improve AI.Also I can tell you,Can not sink a submarine by depth charge to SH5.When the submarine stopped 50 meters underwater。AI too stupidity .:down: