PDA

View Full Version : *** HMS Thanatus Game Thread ***

Pages : [1] 2 3

Letum
05-21-09, 08:13 AM
Please note that there are additions to the rules in this thread.

21st May 2009 - 48 hours since the explosions stopped.
HMS Thanatus lies on the bottom of the sea. Her bow, aft and 4 lower
decks are flooded.The last few days have been a confused blur of screams
and salt water. At least what ever had terrorized the crew and set of those explosions seams to have gone away.
By now everyone knows the un-flooded parts of the ship well:

http://www.b3tards.com/u/57a418c694bc7c6296b3/sub2.jpg

Vice Admiral Stealth Hunter is the leader of the small group
of survivors.As leader he can decide to put someone in the
brig to save them from being lynched. They will remain in
the brig until the leader tells me to release or kill them.
Players in the brig can only interact with other players in the
brig.
If the majority of survivors vote for a new leader in the day
there will be a mutiny against the current leader. If the
leader dies the survivors must vote for a new one.

Vice Admiral Stealth Hunter gathers everyone in the cargo hall for a
rollcall. Present are:

The Crew in order of rank:
Vice Admiral Stealth Hunter
Lieutenant Chad
Lieutenant Raptor
CPO Tarrasque
CPO Nisgeis
PO Baggygreen
AB Sandycaesar
AB MookieMookie
OS SilverRaptor

The Civilian science and observation teams from Keno Corp.:
UnderseaLcpl
CaptainHaplo
TarJak
Jalu3

And finally the rescue crew, who have failed to rescue anyone and
blocked up the only escape hatch with their craft:
A Very Super Market
TaskForce
Jimbuna
Nokia
Roman2440
Oberon

Stealth Hunter checked the list again...someone was missing. Had anyone
seen Ordinary Seaman Letum?
A search was organized and before long CPO Nisgeis made a grizzly find.
Parts of Letum where floating in the reactor room. his body had been ripped to shreds and was covered in strange marks and serrations.
Whatever had killed him...it could barely be human.

No one wanted to get into the water so the door to the deck was closed
and Letum left floating. There was no room for his killer to hide on the sub.
What ever killed him must be amongst the crew already. No one can be
trusted now...

Everyone returned to the main deck to wait for the lights off period.

Raptor1
05-21-09, 08:45 AM
((EDIT: Ah, whoops))

*walks to the bar and sits in an empty chair*

Oberon
05-21-09, 09:33 AM
*Oberon walks into the bar area and sits down with a cup of bug juice, he spies Raptor and speaks to him*

"Well, looks like we're all in the same boat, literally and figuratively. What's the condiction of the boats reactor?"

Raptor1
05-21-09, 09:38 AM
I haven't a clue, Mr. Oberon, it's been flooded for days. We can only hope the containment isn't compromised...

Oberon
05-21-09, 09:54 AM
*Oberon sips his bug juice*

"Indeed, and that there is enough power to work the scrubbers. Although oxygen starvation and radiation poisoning may be the least of our worries. I hear that a rather unpleasant discovery was made earlier in the waters of the reactor room. Anyone you know?"

Raptor1
05-21-09, 10:01 AM
Not personally, no, I've been cooped up in engineering tending to the reactor for most of the voyage. I think he worked in the upper decks.

Looking at his corpse, though, it reminded me stories of how my grandfather died. He was stationed in Norway during the big one, you see, chief engineer of a German submarine. I've spoken with the captain of his boat, he said my grandfather was killed by...a...a cursed beast that wiped out half the village they were in. I didn't believe him at first, I though such creatures were myths...but seeing this...

*grabs another drink*

Oberon
05-21-09, 10:04 AM
*Oberon finishes his bug juice and puts the plastic cup to one side*

"I heard this story too, they say that eventually the villagers of this outpost managed to slay the beast and stop the killings, but the village and supply outpost was wiped out in a RAF Bombing raid a week later. The uboat got away but eventually surrendered. I wonder if something walks among us? I dunno...seems all a bit...H.P. Lovecraft if you ask me....but the depths do strange things to people...I've seen it in other rescues..."

Raptor1
05-21-09, 11:56 AM
Say...have you seen any of the others after we separated this morning? Everything seems strangely quiet...

roman2440
05-21-09, 12:01 PM
So we're stuck at the bottom of some unknown deep trench in the sea, under thousands upon thousands of pounds of sea water, in a boat that has a leak, or at least had a leak - can someone confirm that? Further, we've got limited power and the reactor might be leaking. On top of that the only escape hatch is blocked by our rescue sub which, likely due to shoddy workmenship, is stuck. Oh and by the way we've got a crazed monster amoung us who likes to kill in grizzly and horrible ways.

I need a drink, oi.

Oberon
05-21-09, 12:05 PM
"Hey Roman, no alcohol I'm afraid, not unless the Admiral has some rum hidden away. Plenty of Juice around though. You need it to get the acrid smell of sulphur and smoke out of the back of your throat."

*Oberon fills up his bug juice and takes a sip*

"Now...we're going to have to try and do something about that damned rescue sub of ours, the damn air chamber won't flood so we can't detach...but if we pierce the seal then we can only make one trip since it won't pressurise again..."

Raptor1
05-21-09, 12:07 PM
There goes silence

Do you, sir, like to summarize all our problems aloud? It seems rather painful...

*tosses Roman some apple juice across the table*

I do not know if the reactor is leaking, but if it is, it can't be a large leak or we'd all be dead. I do not know the state of the escape hatch, I'm not certified to look after that escape sub, however if your engineer needs any help, tell him to call me. As for a crazy monster, I think it is unwise jumping to such conclusions before we investigate what actually happened to poor Mr. Letum.

*turns to Oberon*

Speaking of the Admiral, have you seen him? I need to ask him whether we can seal off the lower deck

SandyCaesar
05-21-09, 12:28 PM
SandyCaesar walks in, OS Silverraptor in tow. He spots the Lieutenant and walks over.

"Lt. Raptor, sir, I just returned from the bow, and I've got good news and bad news. The sonar gear looks like it might be fixable, but we don't have the juice to operate it anyway. The sail is intact, for all the good that'll do. Photonics don't work down here anyway. No shortage of food and water, at least.

Anyway, sir, I don't have access to the SLOT buoys, so that's out. We're stuck down here till we can get the sonar working.

Oh, and Silver here has a suggestion to make..."

Silverraptor
05-21-09, 12:36 PM
"Well Lt. Raptor, I may not have gotten my dolphins yet. However, I noticed that most of the lower decks are flooded. Considering the explosion and the chaos that insured, we cannot be certain on who might have survived down there or how we may contact them. So can you ask the VICE-admiral to assign us our jobs?

Our old cook, Penelope Grey, is assumed dead in the flooded area. I used to work in a seafood restraunt and have had some experience with cooking, if I may request that position." [OOC: Letum said I could be a trainee mechanic and/or cook]

Raptor1
05-21-09, 12:45 PM
*stands up and salutes*

Thank you for the report, Mr. SandyCaeser, though I doubt it will be much help...

*looks to the side for a moment, then turns to face Silverraptor*

That could be helpful, though I do not know who is presently responsible for cooking. I don't know where the Admiral is currently, but I'll ask him as soon as I see him.

*sits back down and refills his mug*

Oh, and if you see him before me, feel free to ask him yourself

Silverraptor
05-21-09, 12:48 PM
"Thank you, sir" *Salutes Raptor1, then goes over, grabs a mug, and fills it with bug juice*

UnderseaLcpl
05-21-09, 12:54 PM
*alone in the cargo hall, examining Letum's remains on a makeshift exam table

"Most perturbatory.........."

Oberon
05-21-09, 01:27 PM
*Oberon raises an eyebrow, then drains his bug juice*

"Been to the Bow, eh? That's rather interesting...anyway gentlemen, I'd better go and take a look at our sub, see if I can find some way of making it useful. Good speaking to you."

*Oberon gets up and walks across to the Rescue sub, he gets inside and starts checking the electrical subsystems whilst making notes on a clipboard*

Raptor1
05-21-09, 01:40 PM
He makes a good point...ah, well, I'm sure he meant the unflooded bow...

Anyway, gentlemen, I shall be going to check if there is any way to seal the flooded reactor.

*salutes and exits the bar*

*stops at the cargo hall*

Oh, Mr...UnderseaLcpl, was it? what have you learned about poor Seaman Letum?

Nokia
05-21-09, 02:30 PM
*Walks from the rescue sub to the bar with a coffee mug in his hand and sits at a table*

"That damned rescue sub just won't budge! Damn those currents that made us hit the sub too hard. I hope we get it loose sooner than later because I could really use some fresh air."

*Puts a tiny amount o whiskey from his flask into the mug and continues to drink and read a book about CQB tactics.*

Task Force
05-21-09, 02:31 PM
D*m cheap experimental submarine. (kicks wall) The government pays acouple of million and the rescue hatch dosent even work right...

Walks to rescue sub to see what Oberon is working on...

You heard any new information of what happened to letum.:hmmm:

Oberon
05-21-09, 02:50 PM
*Oberon lifts his head out of a bunch of circuit boards*

"Nope, haven't heard anything, last I heard his remains were still floating in the irradiated waters of the reactor room. I dread to think what would happen to any poor sod who went in there and got the body."

*He puts his head back into the service hatch*

"Bloody wiring is a mess in here...probably done by the cheapest bidder again. Bloody cost-cutters..."

Raptor1
05-21-09, 02:51 PM
*walks to the rescue sub*

Say, Mr. Obe...oh, hello, Sir *nods to Task Force*...as I was saying, Mr. Oberon, do you need any help with that hatch? I might be trained in reactor engineering but I still remember how to do some of the normal work from that time I did fixing tanks in Serbia.

Task Force
05-21-09, 03:04 PM
nods back to raptor as I walk back to the bar and sit on a table I had been useing to repair parts of the rescue sub.

Oberon
05-21-09, 03:06 PM
*From inside the hatch*

"Thanks for the offer mate, but it's mainly just checking the wiring at the moment. Tanks in Serbia you say? How did that work out?"

Raptor1
05-21-09, 03:26 PM
*sits down on the deck besides the hatch, back to the wall*

Well, you see, we were sent to the FRY to inspect some exported Soviet equipment when the communist regime fell. The Serbians were rather reluctant to show us everything they had, to say the least. When the Bosnian War started our team decided to stay and volunteer as engineers, so we can get first-hand looks at the equipment we were sent to inspect. We were fixing tanks in Serbia until we got sent to be field engineers in Bosnia, and when NATO started bombing the place in '95, we decided that it's about time we report back. So we slipped away in the confusion, grabbed a truck, crossed the border to Slovenia, then took a plane to Italy. After that I took up reactor engineering and joined the Royal Navy...which of course leads to me being here...

*sighs*

And I thought escaping from Yugoslavia was a dangerous business...

Oberon
05-21-09, 03:40 PM
*Oberon fumbles around and drags his clipboard into the hatch with him*

"Well, at least we know that bastard Milosevic is dead, so it can't be him roaming the boat. Tough call in Yugoslavia though, heard it was a real mess down there. Me? I've been on boats for a while, ex-RN, used to serve on the diesels, A's O's, even had a hand on the Upholder before she was mothballed and then flogged to the Canucks, did a little bit of work as a Lecky on one of the Swiftsure boats, but then joined the rescue boats."

*There's a pause of activity in the hatch.*

"Buggered if I'd know that it'd be ME that needed rescuing one day..."

Nokia
05-21-09, 03:53 PM
*Walks back to the rescue sub to help the others there*

"Any progress on the R-sub Oberon? Maybe we should try a sledgehammer or maybe even some C4, that at least should get the bloody thing off, but then again we would not have a way of getting away from here."

*Refills the coffee mug from his thermos and starts testing if any of the wiring in the sub are faulty."

Task Force
05-21-09, 03:57 PM
Hears the talking and walks to the hatch in time to hear Nokia say C4...

That isnt sutch a great idea. The explotion could flood the rest of the sub and we might still not get this thing unattached. Then we would be stuck in the rescue sub.:yep:

Oberon
05-21-09, 03:58 PM
*From inside the hatch*

"It's not good, I think C4 would be our best option at the moment! I can't seem to get the mag-lock to disengage, and even if I did, the damn mating ring won't flood. As I said to Raptor here, we could probably drill through the ring and let it free flood...but then the ring would be out of action for any return trips, and we can't get everyone on the sub into here..."

*to himself*

"Although if that beast of Raptors is lurking on this boat then that won't be a problem before long..."

Task Force
05-21-09, 03:59 PM
Do we even have any C4.:hmmm:

And whats all this beast mess. you know they dont exist... its like santa claus, or the easter bunny.

Silverraptor
05-21-09, 04:01 PM
*Appears at Rescue Sub*

"Is there anything I can help with, sir?" *Salutes*

Task Force
05-21-09, 04:03 PM
umm... Hey Oberon, anything silverraptor could do...

Raptor1
05-21-09, 04:05 PM
*still sitting besides the hatch*

No, we don't, and even if we did, such things are entirely unpredictable and we will probably doom ourselves by resorting to it. No, this has to be fixed using traditional methods, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Task Force
05-21-09, 04:06 PM
still standing next to raptor

Yes, and if we did use explosives, the way things have gone so far, the entire front of the sub will likely rip open.

There should be anouther rescue sub comeing in acouple of days.Hopefuly this time everything will go well.

mookiemookie
05-21-09, 04:07 PM
*Mookie walks into the hatch where Oberon and Raptor are working*

Well it's no use. I've tried to get the pumps started to get some of this water out but everything is fried. We don't have replacement parts and so it looks like we're stuck with the flooding for the foreseeable future.

What's the deal with Letum? I heard they found....er...what's left of him. What happened?

Silverraptor
05-21-09, 04:07 PM
still standing next to raptor

Yes, and if we did use explosives, the way things have gone so far, the entire front of the sub will likely rip open.

There should be anouther rescue sub comeing in acouple of days.Hopefuly this time everything will go well.

"Wait, we have explosives?! Isn't that a bad idea? We already have flooded corriders, why take the risk?"

Oberon
05-21-09, 04:09 PM
"I wasn't being serious about the C4, explosives and submarines lying in high pressure depths really don't mix. I think Nokia wasn't being serious too..."

*To himself*

"Or at least I hope he wasn't..."

*To Silverraptor*

"Ah Silverraptor, huh, you any relation to Raptor? Well, there's not a lot you guys can do, unless you happen to have any way of communicating with the surface."

Nisgeis
05-21-09, 04:10 PM
"Ah Raptor, I couldn't help overhearing your previous remarks about a strange beast that layed waste to a village in Norway. As chance would have it, I have heard a very similar story from my grandmother. Apparently my Grandfather was onboard a submarine that pulled into a small coastal village in Norway that was beset by some sort of disease that corrupted the local populace and the disease then spread through the local garrison. My grandmother tells that there were multiple beasts though, not just the one. She also told me that my grandfather was a great hero at the time and was able to single handedly slay at least three of the beasts, before being lynched by the simple village folk in a tragic case of mistaken identify."

Silverraptor
05-21-09, 04:11 PM
*To Silverraptor*

"Ah Silverraptor, huh, you any relation to Raptor? Well, there's not a lot you guys can do, unless you happen to have any way of communicating with the surface."

"No sir, no relation to Raptor that I know of."

Raptor1
Let me clarify, we had explosives, but they were stored below, so it's moot.

*looks at MookieMookie*

One of the civilian scientists, Mr. UnderseaLcpl, I believe, was examining the...err...body, earlier, I tried asking him if he has something but he was too busy to answer, you could try asking him if you run into him.

*replies to Nisgeis*

Well, the captain did say there was more than one beast, but my grandfather was apparently slain by one of them ((Got confused, sorry)). That is, if the story is true...

Task Force
Yes, considering the sea debth. we might be crushed under the pressure.

"looks towards mookiemookie"
Do you think the pumps are salvageable.

Oberon
*Oberon climbs out of the hatch and shuts it*

"Mookie, you say the pumps are down...hmmm..."

*He opens up another hatch*

"In theory...we could, I guess, get the pumps out of this thing and put them to use on your boat...but then if the DSRV floods, it's screwed...plus, there's probably a hideously large size difference..."

Silverraptor
05-21-09, 04:13 PM
*looks at MookieMookie*

One of the civilian scientists, Mr. UnderseaLcpl, I believe, was examining the...err...body, earlier, I tried asking him if he has something but he was too busy to answer, you could try asking him if you run into him.

"If I may accompany him sir, I would like to understand anything there is to know about what happened."

Raptor1
05-21-09, 04:18 PM
Of course, sir, go ahead, if you can find him.

*tilts head down*

Oberon, the DSRV's pumps won't work here, the reactor compartment is enormous, bigger than anything yet. It won't be enough, plus, the water might be the only thing keeping the radiation away from us if the reactor is leaking.

Silverraptor
05-21-09, 04:19 PM
"Thank you, sir"

*Salutes. Then runs off to look for UnderseaLcpl*

Task Force
05-21-09, 04:20 PM
Whats all this monster talk.

That story about that little town in Norway. The one with that sub... what was it.. U 13.:rotfl: Yea, fakeist story I ever heard... like that realy happend.

I wouldnt worry about any sea monsters. He was likely killed by an explotion, or something in the sub.

we may eventualy have to send someone down there... to check on the reactor.

Oberon
05-21-09, 04:23 PM
*Oberon sticks his head down the hatch, hanging upside down to work*

"They say that even the strangest stories have an element of truth in them somewhere, even if it is just a couple of drunk Norweigan fishermen. But in this case, I think you might have a point Task Force, it's highly...ugh..."

*He sits up straight again and lets the blood get back to his head*

"It's highly likely that poor Letum was killed in the explosions from earlier. Although, you say that his body is in the cargo bay...how the devil did it get there?!"

Raptor1
05-21-09, 04:24 PM
Yeah, that was the one. But don't be so sure, I heard numerous tales from the Serbs I met...the ones that weren't busy holding AK-47s and RPG-7s, that is...that are just as strange, but the origin of these tales have to come from somewhere.

Anyway, I wouldn't risk sending anyone down there, the whole place might be more irradiated than the surface of hell for all we know.

Task Force
05-21-09, 04:24 PM
Ya know... I have no idea oberon.

Raptor1
05-21-09, 04:27 PM
I believe the civilians managed to drag it out in the morning, gruesome business if you ask me.

Task Force
05-21-09, 04:28 PM
So why was he down there anyways. And why did the civilians go down there in the first place.

Oberon
05-21-09, 04:32 PM
*Oberon winces*

"Well, keep them bloody civvies away from me then. I got enough of a glow from the Superb!"

Raptor1
05-21-09, 04:34 PM
*sighs*

Not really, I checked the radiation levels outside the leak and they were safe. That is the problem, really, we don't know whether the reactor is leaking or not.

Task Force
05-21-09, 04:34 PM
laughs at what oberon said.

yea, strange how the civilians went down there. and chanced the possiable radiation.

Oberon
05-21-09, 04:44 PM
"Well, have you tested the water? I mean, ok, it might not be radioactive, but I dread to think what kind of chemicals there are in it. What kind of coolant does this reactor run on?"

Raptor1
05-21-09, 04:48 PM
Lead, you know, like the Alfas are using, ours are supposedly much more stable though.

Oberon
05-21-09, 04:55 PM
*Oberon blinks*

"Oh...well...erm...what's heating the reactor at the moment? Isn't the lead going to cool down and solidify?"

*He moves nervously and then opens up the other hatch.*

"There's got to be a way to get those mag-locks off!"

Raptor1
05-21-09, 05:00 PM
Well, it doesn't matter much, we have no chance of restarting the reactor anyway. The only thing we should be worrying about from the reactor is a radiation leak.

Oberon
05-21-09, 05:06 PM
"Well, at least the coolant can't leak...small miracles I guess...so I guess the only thing in that water would be chemicals, rather than radiation...and there's no way of telling just what chemicals they might be...unless you have a list somewhere of what chemicals you have on board."

Task Force
05-21-09, 05:07 PM
uahhh... I think ill sle... err guard the rescue sub tonight.

Raptor1
05-21-09, 05:11 PM
*tries to think back a little*

Even if we had such a list, it is probably gone along with the entire reactor compartment...

*stares at Task Force*

I don't think anyone should be left alone outside tonight, just in case somebody might run into trouble. Either way, the lights are still on.

Oberon
05-21-09, 05:17 PM
*Oberon shuts the hatch*

"I concur, if anything, we should ALL sleep in the mess hall. It would be perhaps a little safer..."

Raptor1
05-21-09, 05:19 PM
So, what about this hatch? Can we fix it with the tools we have?

Task Force
05-21-09, 05:25 PM
I dont see why not...:hmmm: might take a while.

Oberon
05-21-09, 05:29 PM
"The hatch is not the problem, it's the mag-lock and flood control system, both of which are electronically and mechanically sound...but for some damn reason that I cannot figure...they're just not working...the mag-lock won't disengage, and the vents won't open. You could probably drill a hole through the side of the collar, eventually, and that would flood the mating collar, but then you've still got the mag-lock problem, and even if you were able to get over that problem, you've essentually stopped the rescue craft from making a return journey. And since we only had one sub on the ship and it'll be several days before a new one arrives...you'd be dooming whoever you left behind..."

Raptor1
05-21-09, 05:33 PM
Hmm, never heard of such a problem before...

Ah, well, is there anything left for us to do here today? If not, let's go back to the bar, the others might have something to report...Also, I need more juice...

Task Force
05-21-09, 05:37 PM
could we.. do everything oberon said, repair it at the ship, and come back.:hmmm:

Oberon
05-21-09, 05:44 PM
"Still got the problem with the maglocks...anyway, I've had enough here."

*He shuts the hatches up and locks them before heading for the bar with Raptor*

(Logs off)

Raptor1
05-21-09, 05:49 PM
*sits down at the bar, pulls out a picture, looks at it for several seconds, then puts it back and grabs a mug of juice*

Task Force
05-21-09, 06:00 PM
Goes to bar with raptor... hey raptor... are we the only people on the sub... the 5 of us... lol its aful quiet in this steel tube...

Silverraptor
05-21-09, 06:06 PM
*Walks in*

"Sir!" *Salutes* "Mookiemookie and I have looked everywhere but couldn't find UnderseaLcpl or any of the other scientists. Mookiemookie said he was going to keep looking while I come back and give you the report."

UnderseaLcpl
05-21-09, 07:33 PM
*Walks in*

"Sir!" *Salutes* "Mookiemookie and I have looked everywhere but couldn't find UnderseaLcpl or any of the other scientists. Mookiemookie said he was going to keep looking while I come back and give you the report."

*as if on cue, Undersealcpl edges through the hatch with a double-armload of paperwork and clipboards, which he proceeeds to drop heavily on the bar before pulling a flask from his belt and taking a swig.*

"Did I hear you gentlemen say you were looking for the science team?"

TarJak
05-21-09, 07:58 PM
Tarjak follows Undersealcpl through the hatch, his arms full of a laptopn with a number of odd looking electronic apparatus attached to it.

"...and if these readings are correct then I.... Oh... err... hello gentlemen!"

Tarjak looks nervously around the room at the other occupants and moves to a table to relieve himself of the laption and equipment.

SandyCaesar
05-21-09, 08:03 PM
"Hello, sir! I take it you'll bunk here for the...uh, night?" SandyCaesar shook his head. He was still acclimated to the 18-hour day, and was still trying to adapt to the civilian 24-hour system. His thoughts were still on trying to contact the surface world...how to let the skimmers know they were here?

TarJak
05-21-09, 08:08 PM
"I guess we don't have much choice." at least for tonight. "So is this everyone? I'd have thought there were more of you about."

Tarjak goes to the bar and pours himself a beer.

Silverraptor
05-21-09, 08:10 PM
"Ah... looks like we found them. This place is a maze of corridors so it doesn't surprise me we missed them."

UnderseaLcpl
05-21-09, 08:12 PM
"Ah... looks like we found them. This place is a maze of corridors so it doesn't surprise me we missed them."

Did you need something Seaman? We're quite busy with analyses at the moment."

TarJak
05-21-09, 08:25 PM
Did you need something Seaman? We're quite busy with analyses at the moment.""Yes we have a lot of work to do here and not much time." He finishes his beer picks up his equipment and walks over to UnderseaLcpl.

mookiemookie
05-21-09, 09:18 PM
*mookie walks into the bar with a concerned look on his face*

Like I said, Task Force, the pumps are shot. I can't repair them without spare parts that we don't have on board. The reactors luckily are being cooled by the water already in the compartment but the power is so intermittent that we can't keep it going steadily.

What a mess. Can someone please pour me a pint? We're going to need luck and karma to get us through this.

I'm all for sticking together tonight. I'd rather avoid poor Letum's fate.

baggygreen
05-21-09, 09:55 PM
*PO baggy walks in flexing his muscles, dripping with sweat*

"Hi gents, er hello Sir, don't mind me I'm just on my way through to grab a shower. You should try the gym for stress relief, works wonders even now!"

TarJak
05-21-09, 09:56 PM
TarJak and UnderseaLcpl are conferring quietly in the corner of the bar.

"But that means...No that's impossible!"

Tarrasque
05-21-09, 10:23 PM
CPO Tarrasque makes his way into the bar rubbing his eyes and looking exhausted. He nods at those already present and heads to the counter where he pulls out a can of cider from behind it.

He takes a swig with an obvious sign of relief and settles himself down at an empty table.

TarJak
05-21-09, 10:27 PM
"We need to take more samples. I can't be more conclusive without more data."

Nokia
05-21-09, 11:16 PM
*Walks back to the bar sits at a table and starts studying the blueprints of the rescue sub while talking to himself.*

"Good to see that people are showing up, it's always nice when there's more people around and always something going on. But how are we going to get that bloody rescue sub off, I guess MacGyver. :) "

Raptor1
05-21-09, 11:24 PM
*wakes up after falling asleep on the counter, probably due to too many hours spent reading the reactor safety protocols over the last few days*

Mr. MookieMookie, I'm afraid...or not as much...that you are mistaken, the reactor is not running, it therefore does not need cooling. We are running on battery power here.

UnderseaLcpl
05-22-09, 12:09 AM
"We need to take more samples. I can't be more conclusive without more data."

Yes, but......collecting it could be dangerous.......I.....who would go down there?

Raptor1
05-22-09, 12:13 AM
*cannot help but overhear*

Are you talking about going down to the lower deck? That is impossible, we don't know what sort of contamination that water went thorough, anyone risking it would likely die before he can report anything back. In fact, I was looking for the Admiral to ask him if we can seal off the area earlier...has anyone seen him, by the way?

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 12:16 AM

Are you talking about going down to the lower deck? That is impossible, we don't know what sort of contamination that water went thorough, anyone risking it would likely die before he can report anything back. In fact, I was looking for the Admiral to ask him if we can seal off the area earlier...has anyone seen him, by the way?
"No sir, but we may want to try his quarters. As for the water, do we have any diver suits? That might protect us for a short while."

A Very Super Market
05-22-09, 12:18 AM
*Drip.

*Drip.

*Drip.

SandyCaesar
05-22-09, 01:25 AM
"Sir, I have to concur with Lt. Raptor1 on this one. I just did a circuit, and it's a wonder the bulkheads are holding. Thank God the Russian builders knew their business. Anyway, sir, as far as I can tell the upper pressure hulls are holding, but the lower one is completely compromised. No word on the reactor vessel or the engine room. The batteries are at full charge, and if we can somehow vent the engines we might be able to run the diesel. The lower section of the bow I don't know about...it's a pity, since the ROVs..."

SandyCaesar trails off. He turns to Silverraptor.

"Diving suits ain't going help down there. The water pressure is enormous. We must assume the pressure is equalized with the sea right now. Life down here in the subs is a tad different from the skimmer fleet."

TarJak
05-22-09, 02:20 AM

Are you talking about going down to the lower deck? That is impossible, we don't know what sort of contamination that water went thorough, anyone risking it would likely die before he can report anything back. In fact, I was looking for the Admiral to ask him if we can seal off the area earlier...has anyone seen him, by the way?"We don;t actually need to go for a swim we just need to collect some material from where the dead sailor was found. There is still air in that compartment isn't there?"

"If we can't get down and collect that material, we have no hope of confirming what I think is happening."

"Would one of you be willing to come with me to help out?"

Raptor1
05-22-09, 03:14 AM
Oh, unless you're going to take a dive, it's fine. I checked the radiation levels outside the leak and they're safe, but don't start swimming because the water may be contaminated with chemicals.

Tarrasque
05-22-09, 03:27 AM
Tarrasque stirs himself and heads over to Lt Raptor1 and the others.

"If you're planning on heading down to the reactor level, you're going to need a stoker, so I guess that counts me in."

baggygreen
05-22-09, 03:31 AM
*sauntering back in after a shower*

"Tarjak, I'm sure that Silverraptor would love to help you and Lance out on your quick explore, wouldn't you Silverraptor??:stare:"

"Can I have a minute Raptor sir? I reckon these civvies know more than they want us to think they know, I'd keep a sharp eye on them sir.."

Raptor1
05-22-09, 03:33 AM
*whispers to Baggygreen*

I don't think they know anything for sure, not yet, anyway

baggygreen
05-22-09, 03:37 AM
*Whispering away conspicuously*

"Right you are, sir, but if its all the same to you I'd still like to have silverraptor report back to me his own version of what they find down there and anything he hears.."

Raptor1
05-22-09, 03:39 AM
*continues talking in a shady and suspicious manner*

Right, tell Mr. Silverraptor he is to report to us after he is done

TarJak
05-22-09, 05:29 AM
Tarjak murers to UnderseaLcpl "What else can we do? We need the data confrim these readings and..."

He looks nervously at the group of sailors whispering across the room.

"I'm not sure I trust them. Do you think it's safe for one of use to go down there alone with one of them?"

Letum
05-22-09, 05:41 AM
Night 1
Lights OFF

As the Science team and others look for ways to discover more about their
predicament, the call goes out for lights off. Darkness fills the boat again.

The light from Tarjak's laptop reflects off the moist steel walls and he
carries on working as everyone else goes to find some where to rest.

Strange noises come from the sea. Something like the sound of bubbles and
waves, but more repetitive. Almost like a chant or song. They make it feel
like the whole of the sea is pressing down upon you.

It will be 12 hours until the light come back on...

Raptor1
05-22-09, 06:26 AM
Well...

*clanks empty mug on the counter*

...how am I going to find the bloody juice can now?

TarJak
05-22-09, 06:36 AM
"Here use my laptop light." Tarjak passes another bug juice to Raptor1.

Raptor1
05-22-09, 07:43 AM
Thank you.

*drinks several more mugs of juice*

You know, we really should find the admiral and have someone escort him, it will be awful if something happened to him during the night...

Oberon
05-22-09, 07:49 AM
*Oberon wakes up after dozing off in the corner*

"AAAH!!"

*He looks around*

"Oh...right...yeah...sorry...bad dream. Right, does this torch work?"

*Click click click*

"Bollocks..."

Raptor1
05-22-09, 07:53 AM
Good morning...err...night, Mr. Oberon. Bad dream? at least you still have dreams, all I dream about anymore is equations and safety protocols.

Oberon
05-22-09, 07:55 AM
"Heh...I'd rather dream about those than that...thing...ugh..."

"Hmmm, well, I guess there won't be much doing in the rescue boat...everyone will have to stay put where they are unless old Tarjak there is willing to be the guide for every lost sheep on this boat..."

Raptor1
05-22-09, 07:58 AM
As I was saying earlier, we really need to post a guard on the Admiral's door, assuming he is there, just to make sure nothing happens to him in the night.

TarJak
05-22-09, 08:03 AM
TarJak stirs at the mention of his name, glances up from his work and then concentrates once more on the figures dancing across his screen.

baggygreen
05-22-09, 08:10 AM
Will you gentlemen keep it down over there? I'm trying to get some shuteye!

TarJak
05-22-09, 09:09 AM
TarJak looks up from his work again. The numbers have stopped dancing and a concerned look comes over his face.

"Lt. Raptor, may I have a word with you? I think we may need to wake the Admiral."

Raptor1
05-22-09, 09:10 AM
*walks over and sits next to TarJak*

Sure, what is it?

TarJak
05-22-09, 09:18 AM
"I know these numbers won't make much sense to you, but from what we can tell Letum was killed by some sort of animal."

"I'll need more data, but even though the information I have is not conclusive, I'm pretty sure we have something on board that is not human!"

mookiemookie
05-22-09, 09:18 AM
*mookie plays solitare in the corner of the room*

Damn odd ocean noises...must be a storm on the surface...

Sure wish I was there...

Raptor1
05-22-09, 09:20 AM
*ponders it for a moment*

Hmm...do you reckon something might have gotten into the boat when the reactor level was breached? It's not my field, but I do know there are plenty of unknown species living on the ocean's bottom...especially this far down...

TarJak
05-22-09, 09:23 AM
"As I say the data is not conclusive, but something has boarded this vessel and I'm not even sure what it is."

TarJak pauses and looks at his screen again scrolling up several hundred lines.

"Marine biology was not my field but from the size of the lacerations on Letums body, I'd say it was pretty large."

Raptor1
05-22-09, 09:28 AM
Is there anyone in your team that knows more about this sort of...whatever it is?

TarJak
05-22-09, 09:39 AM
"UnderseaLcpl knows more about marine species, but from what I know he's only worked with dolphins and other surface dwelling species."

TarJaks looks towards the sleeping body of UnderseaLcpl.

"The problem is that we just don't know what we are dealing with. We need to collect more data so we can piece together a picture of what it is."

"We managed to get some readings and measurements in the short time we had before the hatch was closed but it just means we have a very in complete picture at the moment."

"I'm not even sure where Haplo and Jalu are. Neither of them have expertise in marine biology."

"One thing I do know is that there may be more than one of these creatures aboard!"

TarJak
05-22-09, 10:02 AM
TarJak yawns and stretches. "Well if we can't rouse the Admiral tonight I might as well get some sleep." "There's no point going over these numbers again, I just don't have enough to go on."

TarJak heads for his bunk and falls into a deep undisturbed sleep almost as soon as his head hits the pillow.

Nokia
05-22-09, 10:31 AM
*Finishes the 10th cup of coffee and goes to bed*

"maybe we will have better luck with the rescue sub tomorrow."

Raptor1
05-22-09, 10:39 AM
Wait...we have coffee?

*stares at the dimly lighted mug of juice*

...Nah.

Raptor1
05-22-09, 11:16 AM
Well, it looks like nothing more can be done today, I'll be retiring to my cabin

*walks to his cabin and sleeps*

Tarrasque
05-22-09, 11:28 AM
Sensing nothing more can be done whilst lights are out Tarrasque heads for his mess and a restless sleep.

Jimbuna
05-22-09, 11:47 AM
Jimbuna looks around his surroundings and particularly at the odd assortment of people lying about sleeping in the dimmed light and thinks to himself "how did I end up in this bloody mess!"

He remembers the old timers telling him weird stories about sea monsters when he was a young trainee officer at HMS Rosyth "Crikey, how many years back was that then Jimmy boy?"

His inner thoughts are suddenly broken when he hears a strange sound, something similar to a baby crying, far away. His attention is suddenly focussed on a dark figure which he can just make out as being Nokia heading out of the compartment.

He thinks to himself "Looks like I'm landed with a right bunch here....I wonder where that Vice Admiral is? Ah well, it's time I returned to my bunk on the rescue sub. Better sleep with my back to the bulkhead....just in case".

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 12:17 PM
*Down in the flooded chambers.

Surprised the lights go out but some dim emergency lights kick in. Decides to continue collecting samples since down here*

SandyCaesar
05-22-09, 12:29 PM
SandyCaesar is in his bunk.

"Kinda odd that new guy isn't back in the quarters yet. Hope he hasn't gotten lost. Again."
He begins telling a story to the others in the crew quarters. "So anyway, I had a great-uncle back in World War 2. Norwegian, lived in a little village north of Trondheim, made a bit of a fortune running drinks to the garrison, heh. Anyway...Uncle Sandy went a bit weird in his last days, really. His journal says something about monsters, and no one able to get out of the village. And in the middle of it all, his boat blew up! Now...the weird part is that people say he blew up his own boat, like he couldn't take it anymore. No trace of it left after the bombing runs, but they did find his will in the Oslo banks, which promised everything to his brother in England. My dad. Lots of money, but the weirdest part of all was a silver pocketknife and advice to always keep it around...you'll never know when you need it." He produces it from a pocket. "It's trimmed down now, I still use it for a letter-opener and a good luck charm. God knows, we might need it."

Nokia
05-22-09, 12:34 PM
"I too have heard rumors about the monsters in Norway, way back when I was in the German navy. U-13 was it not? The stories where told long after WW2 and they even say the sub was cursed."

Oberon
05-22-09, 03:12 PM
"What a catch-22...I don't want to go back to sleep lest I dream of...that...and yet...there's nothing I can do in this cursed darkness..."

Jimbuna
05-22-09, 03:38 PM
Jimbuna wakes with a start "What was that noise" he thinks to himself. "Sounded like a bulkhead door in a lower level being opened"

He checked the luminous dials on his watch "Friggin 03:30, strange time for somebody to be moving about or sleepwalking even"

He felt the comforting bulge of his 9mm Browning in its shoulder holster beneath his tunic and listened intently for what seemed an age before falling back into his slumber.

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 03:55 PM
Jimbuna wakes with a start "What was that noise" he thinks to himself. "Sounded like a bulkhead door in a lower level being opened"

He checked the luminous dials on his watch "Friggin 03:30, strange time for somebody to be moving about or sleepwalking even"

He felt the comforting bulge of his 9mm Browning in its shoulder holster beneath his tunic and listened intently for what seemed an age before falling back into his slumber.

*Moving throught the water. Notices a bulk door slightly damaged but still latched. Fumbles in his suit but manages to un-latch the bulk door and enters in...*

Task Force
05-22-09, 05:49 PM
Wakes up and jumps out of bed!

What the... (grabs sack I carryed on.) Pulls out flash light.

Looks around at the dark walls. Listening to all the weird noises...

says to self "the sooner we get out of this tin can... the better"

slowly walks down the walk way. and looks around... Listening to all the noises.

walks to the bar, looks around and finds a tin of coffie. Yay, now to find a coffie maker. and some water... and im set.

Looks in closet... Hey look a coffie maker, I guess they wont mind if I use it...

baggygreen
05-22-09, 06:10 PM
*stirring and catching Task Force near the coffee*

Hold on there matey, let me show you how to make a real coffee:yeah:

Task Force
05-22-09, 06:19 PM
ooo ooo ooo... puts the coffie tin down... tell me more...:)

baggygreen
05-22-09, 06:26 PM
"Not telling you anything mate... trade secret. yes I know you're on the crew of a dsrv, but you're not navy sub crew :D Now, look away and I'll get you something.
"There ya go.. You ever taste coffee like that mate?"

Task Force
05-22-09, 06:31 PM
nope, good. so Ive heard some talk of a mysterious monster in this sub, whats your outlook.:hmmm: I think its a bunch of jibberish.

Letum
05-22-09, 06:51 PM
DAY TWO
LIGHTS ON

baggygreen takes some fresh coffee to the captain's quartos lower level.
As he opens the door as scene of destruction presents it's self. Papers
and charts litter the floor. Spread over his desk is the badly beaten corpse
of Vice Admiral Stealth Hunter.

Strangely, the ViceAdmiral is not in uniform, but in a red gown and hood.

Fearful, the survivors turn suspicion against each other.
A lynch vote is called!

As the leader has died, a new one must be selected.
A leader vote is called!

All votes should be in bold.
You must vote for a leader and to lynch someone or declare that you abstain.
You may vote for your self.

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 06:57 PM
*As lights come on, becomes blinded for a few minutes, blinking to reaccustom his eyes to the light. Then grabs what he has found and goes back to the higher levels to the others.*

Task Force
05-22-09, 07:02 PM
Walks towads Baddygreen who has just left the capitans quarters...

The Vice Admiral has been killed!

What?

The Vice Admiral... killed

I run into the Captians quarters... He is right. we need to get a group of people to discuss this. Who would have killed him though.:hmmm:

Runs upstairs to tell the others.

Walks into the room where everyone is. Did youall see anything funny when the lights were off. Stealth Hunter was killed.

TarJak
05-22-09, 07:03 PM
Tarjak wakes with a start as the lights come back on. Wandering back to the bar he notices silveraptor has returned with the samples.

"Can I have those please?"

"I'll need a few hours to run some tests then we should have a bettter idea what we are dealing with."

Taking the samples from silveraptor TarJak gets to work on them.

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 07:14 PM
*Goes to Raptor1*

"Sir" *Salutes exhausted* "I was down in the lower chambers when the lights went out. I wasn't expecting them to either. Fortunatly there were some emergency lights that kicked on. However, those closest to the upper chambers have been destroyed and I couldn't come back in the dark amongst the wreckage. I'll tell you sir, it's like a doomsday device went off down there. Dead fish are floating amongst the corpses, but the water can't be too toxic for instant death because there were some still alive and eating off the dead. It wasn't a pleasent sight to see bone with skin on peoples faces. While down there, I've collected samples of letum and of the water for the scientists to examine. But I think you'll be pleased that I have also found some tools and fuel that are intact. I found them in a room behind a damaged bulk head, but I managed to get them anyways. There's more there but I could only carry with me a few wrenches and a couple fuel tanks."

CaptainHaplo
05-22-09, 07:26 PM
* staggering in from the game room, blinking at the lights and people and noise....

"What the bloody ell?* Finds out from Tarjak and Undersea exactly what is going on. Then, in a loud and quite obnoxious way - says loudly:

"An explosion, 2 people apparently murdered slap dead, who knows how many missing, me with a lump on my noggin the size of new york, and you all are sitting here yapping and babbling. Lets get organized people. First thing - where the hell's the naval version of a usable bathroom around this place. Second - anyone got any aspirin? My head is gonna split open."

*after being pointed in the direction of a functioning head, returns and raids a first aid kit in the kitchen for something for the headache*

"last I remember, I was playing in the game room and then this thunderous noise. I saw the wall coming at me and thats about it. I did have some serious weird halucinations or dreams or whatever while I was out."

Task Force
05-22-09, 07:26 PM
Theres something weird going on on this sub... (i say to myself) walks towards Baddygreen.

So when would you say these explotions occured... Im just wondering?

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 07:30 PM
Has anything happened while I was down there?

Task Force
05-22-09, 07:33 PM
The Vice Admiral was found dead. Did you see anything.(Looks at silverraptor surspitiously.)

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 07:36 PM
The Vice Admiral was found dead. Did you see anything.(Looks at silverraptor surspitiously.)
"Dead!

What happened? I was concentrating on finding stuff in dim lighting so I didn't really notice anything except the wreckage and the dead bodies."

Task Force
05-22-09, 07:38 PM
Baddygreen and I had just made some coffie... then I followed him to the captians quarters... and there he sat. beat and dead.

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 07:39 PM
Baddygreen and I had just made some coffie... then I followed him to the captians quarters... and there he sat. beat and dead.

"Oh god..."

*Sinks into a chair*

Task Force
05-22-09, 07:40 PM
You wana know something stranger...

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 07:41 PM
You wana know something stranger...
"What!?":o

Task Force
05-22-09, 07:42 PM
remember when the explotions stopped... how quickly we got here...

When it comes to this lynching thing... I think whoever came up with it is nuts!... I havent even been her long enough to surspect anyone.

CaptainHaplo
05-22-09, 07:43 PM
OK - public voting it seems.

Leader - Tarjak - reasoning being he seems to be the main one trying to figure out what the hell is killing people, and he is on my team. :yeah:

Lynching - abstain - I haven't been conscious long enough to be able to figure out who needs to get lynched.

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 07:43 PM
remember when the explotions stopped... how quickly we got here...
"Yeah... what about it?"

Task Force
05-22-09, 07:46 PM
we got distress mesages way before they even happend. we were comeing here when everything actualy happend.

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 07:47 PM
we got distress mesages way before they even happend. we were comeing here when everything actualy happend.
Soooo... what are you saying?:06:

Task Force
05-22-09, 07:48 PM
Sombody knew about all these explotion before they happend. Obviously this was planned. and even stranger. we could hardely understand them.

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 07:50 PM
Sombody knew about all these explotion before they happend. Obviously this was planned. and even stranger. we could hardely understand them.
"But why? Why would someone do this?"

Task Force
05-22-09, 07:55 PM
I dont know... But they sure did a good job at traping us down here. So they have there pick on who to kill.

Dont be too trusting to ANYBODY. anyone could be the murder. I know I wont.

Clearly, the sabatodger had to be on this sub. to send the message.

Probably anouther countrys agent trying to stop this prodject. But thats just a random guess.

Oberon
05-22-09, 08:06 PM
*Oberon takes a moment to adjust his eyes and then returns to the rescue sub to continue work. On his way he overhears Task Force and Silverraptor talking.*

"The Vice Admiral dead? I wonder when he died...never really saw him since day one, he could have died at the same time as Letum I guess. But I guess that means the boat will need a new leader. Well, by the chain of command the next man should be Raptor or Chad, and I haven't even seen Chad yet...so it'll have to be Raptor1..."

*He clambers into the rescue sub and thinks for a moment.*

"Come to think of it...murdering the Vice Admiral is a good way to progress up the ranks, and Chad's quietness is suspect...therefore if there has to be a vote for shooting, then it'd have to be Chad."

Task Force
05-22-09, 08:11 PM
Ya know, I have to agree with oberon on this one...

I agree we should shoot Chad.

Oberon... Double time on that rescue sub. The quicker we get out of here the better.

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 08:12 PM
"Well I agree that Raptor1 should be our new leader. However, since I wasn't here, I will have to say no to voting on who it could be."

*Takes a big yawn*

"Well, I was going to go to bed since I didn't get any sleep last night. But since there's a murderer lurking around, I think I'll go see if the scientists have found anything.

*walks off*

SandyCaesar
05-22-09, 10:14 PM
"Holy God, the Old Man!" SandyCaesar shook his head, trying to sort out exactly what to do.

He recalled the story of Norway, where the monsters had assumed human guise. So what if...? Now? Here?

This wasn't some village out in the woods, this was a modern nuclear submarine. But all the same, it was...unnerving.

For the first time since his brief stint onboard the Krasny Oktyabr, working a bank of Russian instruments, the Able Seaman was frightened.

TarJak
05-22-09, 10:49 PM
"Haplo, UnderseaLcpl! Come and have a look at this!" TarJak gesticulates towards the screen of his laptop.

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 10:54 PM
"Haplo, UnderseaLcpl! Come and have a look at this!" TarJak gesticulates towards the screen of his laptop.

*Walks in as UnderseaLcpl makes an exclimation.

Hurrys over.*

"What?! What's the matter?"

TarJak
05-22-09, 10:56 PM
"Lt. Raptor, I must ask you to ask your men for restraint. We are trying to find out what we are dealing with and interruptions won;t help us do that quickly."

"Where is Jalu?"

Looking around the room for a sign that Jalu has arrived.

"He would want to see this"

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 10:59 PM
"Lt. Raptor, I must ask you to ask your men for restraint. We are trying to find out what we are dealing with and interruptions won;t help us do that quickly."

"Where is Jalu?"

Looking around the room for a sign that Jalu has arrived.

"He would want to see this"

"I'll go and get him"

SandyCaesar
05-22-09, 11:01 PM
"Mr. Tarjak, sir, what is it? I don't recognize that..."

TarJak
05-22-09, 11:24 PM
"Well at first i thought it was some sort of fish that made these; see these striations?"

Indicating a ragged piece of Letum, bleached white from soaking overnight in water.

"But then on this leg, it looks like it was cut here by something like a nut cracker with serations and here these piercings look like something large and pointed was used to hold part of him down."

Overall the way the body has been torn apart, I can only surmise that some sort of very large crustacean has attacked the body. Whether that is post mortem or not I can't tell yet."

Picking up another piece of Letum:

"If you look here though it would seem that either more than one type of animal has attacked the body or that one animal with a very strange physiology has done so."

Silverraptor
05-22-09, 11:45 PM
*Walks in with Jalu, hears what Tarjak says*

"So what does this mean?"

SandyCaesar
05-22-09, 11:59 PM
"It means that there's probably a gigantic lobster around here somewhere. Tell Cookie to break out the butter, I want that thing on a silver platter!"

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 12:01 AM
"Well, well. Looks like my seafood restraunt experience is going to come in nicely. And if anyone needs me, I'll be in my bunk. Preferably asleep.":zzz:

TarJak
05-23-09, 12:41 AM
"It means gentlemen that we may have at least one very dangerous animal loose aboard this vessel and we need to find it or them without losing any more of the crew."

Look at this UnderseaLcpl; I don't see how one species could have made these different abrasions and cuts. It doesn't add up."

"By the same token Why would two different species feed... er... hunt in unison?"

"You majored in marine biology, are there any precedents that might point to what we are dealing with?"

Chad
05-23-09, 12:42 AM
Shoot me?! You all must be mad! :timeout::timeout::timeout:

I ask that you seriously reconsider. I have been busy in the reactor room trying to figure out what the heck is going on here.

TarJak
05-23-09, 01:11 AM
"I don't think there is a need to be shooting anybody! This isn't the Lost Empire of Atlantis:D you know."

"Firstly we need to find the creature that killed Letum. Lt Raptor, I'd suggest forming a search party."

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 01:14 AM

Nokia
05-23-09, 02:54 AM
*Hears that the Vice Admiral is dead on the way to the coffeemaker*

"What the bloody he** has happened?! First Letum and now Stealth Hunter! We better get that rescue sub working before anyone else gets to meet their maker."

*Goes and gets the coffee and then goes to the rescue sub to continue work*

"Anything new on sub or the Vice admirals murder?"

** I vote Raptor1 for leader and abstain from lynch vote**

Tarrasque
05-23-09, 03:48 AM
*Swings himself out of bed and on his way to the mess for a bite to eat hears the news*

"Are you all insane? Should someone be a murderer, then they'll be brigged and held for court martial on his return. I neither want to hear or be a part of any more talk of lynching people.

And as for this talk of electing a leader, this is a naval submarine not a meeting of the WI. Lt. Chad has seniority therefore Lt. Chad is in command."

*Shaking his head at how low the standards for submariners seems to be these days, he heads up to the Comms Room to see if he can jury rig anything to contact the surface.*

Letum
05-23-09, 05:57 AM
Vote time extension

The crew decide it would be a good idea to keep the lights on a little longer whilst they decide what to do.

*** YOU MUST VOTE BY 3pm GMT OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE SUB ***

votes so far:

UnderseaLcpl --- Science Team
CaptainHaplo --- Science Team - Votes Tarjak for leader. Abstains from lynch vote.
A Very Super Market --- Rescue Team
TaskForce --- Rescue Team - Votes to lynch Chad
Chad --- Crew 2 Lynch Votes
Raptor --- Crew 3 Leader votes
Tarrasque --- Crew
Jimbuna --- Rescue Team
Nokia -- Rescue Team - Votes Raptor as lead. Abstains from the lynch
Roman2440 --- Rescue Team
Oberon --- Rescue Team - Votes Raptor1 for leader. Votes to Lynch Chad.
MookieMookie --- Crew
Nisgeis --- Crew
baggygreen --- Crew
TarJak --- Science Team - One Leader Vote
Jalu3 --- Science Team
Sandycaesar --- Crew
SilverRaptor --- Crew - Votes Raptor for leader. Abstains from lynch vote.

Jimbuna
05-23-09, 07:00 AM
Vote time extension

The crew decide it would be a good idea to keep the lights on a little longer whilst they decide what to do.

*** YOU MUST VOTE BY 3pm GMT OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE SUB ***

Here here...

Jimbuna walks into the Vice Admirals cabin and peruses the carnage within.

"What in Gods name could have done this" he thinks to himself.

He looks around at the men assembled in the room and weighs up what few facts he has gleaned in such a short time aboard this cursed tin coffin.

He addresses the assembly..."This reminds me of the story I heard about those werewolves during the last great war in Norway. There are a few similarities here, a definite pattern is beginning to form even at this early stage....if you are to believe what the story tells you.....

1) Who was amongst the first on the scene of this carnage?
2) Who has more to say/speculate than the rest of us all combined whilst protesting his innocence and alleging he knows nothing of the true facts?
3)Who is amongst the first to cast a vote?

First my vote for the new commander of the boat.

The vessel belongs to the Royal Navy so it is only correct that the next officer in the chain of command should be a naval rank. A civilian person should never be allowed to take command of a warship, so IMO that omits the science and observation team.

The rescue crew being naval means that they could take over command but only in extreme circumstances and I don't believe we are at that level of seriousness yet.

I vote for Chad to take command.

Now my vote for lynching.

If there is a creature or creatures down below decks they have obviously developed a taste for not only seafood but meat and flesh as well.

I say we should try and satisfy its hunger on something different from the above....we should attempt to change its dietry craving to something different from what its used to.

Let us see if we can at least sicken it off with a good helping of spam.

My vote for lynching is.....Task Force

JALU3
05-23-09, 07:04 AM
Sorry guys, I ahve been so busy! They have me pulling an odd watch schedule at my job, or so I call it. 12 on 12 off, and back again.

Let me figure out something here.

::Having been knocked unconcious when the sub went down, he finally woke up with a splitting headache in a bunk in his cabin. He wasn't where he was when he got knocked, out, nor could he remember exactly what he was doing when he got knocked out, but believes he remembers a large metal object just before waking up. Feeling his head he could feel that it was wrapped up very well with bandaging, and it was dry. At least there was that; that he didn't blead out. God knows what would happen if they couldn't have stopped the bleeding. Was I bleeding? There are no medical doctors on subs?!?::

Hello? Anyone?

::The emptiness of his cabin answers his statement::

-----
Vote for Nokia for Leader
Abstain on Lynch Vote

TarJak
05-23-09, 08:21 AM
Vote:
Leader = UnderseaLcpl as the leader of the scientific mission.

Lynching: Well if we must then I'm rather supsicious of that TaskForce fellow. He seems to know more than he is letting on in my estimation.

mookiemookie
05-23-09, 08:36 AM
*mookie stands with jimbuna in the Vice Admiral's cabin* You make a well reasoned argument.

What's with this red hood and gown? *mookie lifts the fabric* It looks like some sort of ritual type thing. Not exactly bedclothes, I'd say.

What was Stealth Hunter into here? Some kind of cult?

There's a murderer loose on this ship and I suppose the only form of justice is going to, for good or for ill, be based on our own suspicions.

In any case, I vote for Tarjak for leader and Task Force for my lynch vote. Task Force seems to know just a bit too much.

TarJak
05-23-09, 08:45 AM
TarJak inspects the scene and starts taking measurements and readings using his equipment.

"Whatever killed Letum also killed Stealth Hunter!"

Jimbuna
05-23-09, 09:02 AM
Jimbuna observes TarJak at work and thinks to himself "You'd better be sharpish bonny lad, there aren't that many down here.......If only we could decouple the rescue sub and be on our way. This place is beginning to give me the creeps".

Letum
05-23-09, 09:22 AM
NIGHT 2
LIGHTS OFF

The lights go off again to save power.
The vote was as follows:

UnderseaLcpl --- Science Team - 1 lead vote DID NOT VOTE
CaptainHaplo --- Science Team - Votes Tarjak for leader. Abstains from lynch vote.
A Very Super Market --- Rescue Team DID NOT VOTE
TaskForce --- Rescue Team - Votes to lynch Chad 3 Lynch votes
Chad --- Crew 2 Lynch Votes 2 Leader Vote DID NOT VOTE
Raptor --- Crew 3 Leader votes DID NOT VOTE
Tarrasque --- Crew - votes Chad to lead - Abstains from Lynch
Jimbuna --- Rescue Team - Votes Chad to lead. Votes Taskforce to lynch
Nokia -- Rescue Team - Votes Raptor as lead. Abstains from the lynch 1 lead vote
Roman2440 --- Rescue Team DID NOT VOTE
Oberon --- Rescue Team - Votes Raptor1 for leader. Votes to Lynch Chad.
MookieMookie --- Crew Votes Tarjak as lead, votes to Lynch taskforce
Nisgeis --- Crew DID NOT VOTE
baggygreen --- Crew DID NOT VOTE
TarJak --- Science Team - 2 Leader Votes Votes Underssea as lead, votes to Lynch taskforce
Jalu3 --- Science Team - Votes nokia as lead, Abstains from Lynch
Sandycaesar --- Crew DID NOT VOTE
SilverRaptor --- Crew - Votes Raptor for leader. Abstains from lynch vote.

As Taskforce heads off to his bunk in the dark Jimbuna, Mookiemookie
and Tarjak are all behind him in the shadows. All three attack him at
once and take no chances - he could be the monster!

As Taskforce slips into the peace of death he shows no sign of being
anything other than human. In his eyes is a mix of disbelief and terror.
He leaves behind a wife and 3 children as well as a career in deep sea
rescue.

Raptor is declared the new leader.

Nokia
05-23-09, 09:36 AM
"So this is what it's come to, is it not enough that some monster is killing our comrades? Poor task force, I wonder how his family will react when they hear how he died."

*Goes to bed and tries to get some sleep*

CaptainHaplo
05-23-09, 10:56 AM
Walks over to tarjak and speaks quietly in the light of the laptop.

"Was killing truly necessary? We are scientists, we must act on data, not on whims. I can't believe you participated in that. I know you want to insure everyone's safety, but we need to think clearly before we act. Perhaps when we get out of here the conditions will be such that you can claim a temporary madness."

Leans in closer to the laptop - "what did you find?"

Chad
05-23-09, 10:57 AM
Raptor, the command and responsibility is yours. I will be working with UnderseaLcpl, who I swear is a civilian interrogator, on terms of finding out who's behind this mess.

Though you are in command, it does not immediately rule you out from the one who is behind all of this, we will be watching you as well as everyone else :hmmm:

Chad
05-23-09, 11:01 AM
Tarjak, we need to talk, privately, if you get my meaning :stare:

Jimbuna
05-23-09, 11:43 AM
Jimbuna eyes up Chad and Captain Haplo and wonders what they are really up to whilst thinking to himself "Typical, one a civilian and the other a fair weather sailor no doubt, both wise after the event, one abstains and the other bugga didn't even vote, yet now they feel a sudden surge of courage in questioning the methods of those who at least had the courage and genuine belief to act and in doing so attempt to rid us, and them included of whatever it is that stalks us.......yes Jimbuna my old son you've been landed with a right bunch this time."

"I wonder how that brave Kaleun back in the last great war dealt with the situation against those werewolves?"

He sits at the back of the room and asks himself "I wonder if they're frightened of drawing adverse attention to themselves.....well now they have a definite advantage, if the don't vote and get kicked out of the escape hatch order isn't carried out what's the point of voting at all?"

"Time to have a scout around and see who else is into red lacey attire and seeing as TarJak made reference to a crustacean I suppose anyone with a dose of crabs could well be suspect to."

SandyCaesar
05-23-09, 11:58 AM
"That...that was horrible. Was it truly necessary? Raptor, sir, you're the leader now."

Raptor1
05-23-09, 12:31 PM
*wakes up*

AAAAAAAAAH, the reactor is leaking!

*tries to stabilize breathing*

Phew, just a dream...at least it's not those bloody safety protocols anymore...

*looks around, gets up and staggers to the bar*

By god, how long was I out? What happened?

Jimbuna
05-23-09, 12:59 PM
*sitting across from Raptor1*

"Where were you last night? Hiding under your blanket whilst others were left to make decisions....don't ever moan about the political mess up on the surface if your not prepared to vote. And if this is your idea of leadership, God help us all"

*Jimbuna kicks the bar stool over and stomps out of the room*

Raptor1
05-23-09, 01:02 PM
What? Leadership, politics? What was he talking about?

*talks fast*

The Admiral, I need to talk to the Admiral, where is he?

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 01:08 PM
*Wakes up to the darkness from talking*

"Awwww... man! My internal clock must be messed up mighty fierce! And who's talking, waking me up?"

Tarrasque
05-23-09, 01:51 PM
*Heads back down after a fruitless day trying to jury rig some comms gear and makes his way to the bar. Over hearing news of Taskforce's death, the colour drains from his face*

"They actually did it. What is happening on board this vessel? If we don't get rescued soon then we'll all be dead with lynchings and the rule of the mob."

*Walks over to Raptor and salutes*

"Sir, with respect, we need to do something to find Taskforce's murderers. If not the situation on board will deteriorate rapidly."

Raptor1
05-23-09, 01:54 PM
Murderers? What are you talking about?!

*tries to calm down*

Okay, tell me everything that happened since I went to my cabin...everything...

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 02:16 PM
"Wait! Murderers?! Man, what is up with this place?!"

Raptor1
05-23-09, 02:30 PM
*stands up, places hand on chest and tries to breathe normally, walks to Silverraptor after several seconds and salutes*

Mr. Silverraptor, report everything significant that has happened in the last 24 hours, also give me your report on the flooded level.

SandyCaesar
05-23-09, 04:27 PM
"I'm really not sure, the timing is playing havoc with me. All I know is that someone, or something, has been killing off crew members...and that the crew is desperate to find it..."

Raptor1
05-23-09, 04:30 PM
*gets Silverraptor's report* ((I really hate doing this, but he left me no choice))

I wonder if Mr. Chad agreed to this, but more importantly...

*runs to the Admiral's room and grabs a few papers, then runs down to the leak and begins inspecting the area under flashlight*

TarJak
05-23-09, 04:39 PM
"The rest of you who stood by and did nothing are just as much at fault here!"

"We need to take action to find out who it is that is causing all this!"

TarJak goes over to Chad and montions towards the hatch.

"You wanted a private chat?"

Oberon
05-23-09, 05:15 PM
*Oberon continues work in the rescue sub, with a wind-up torch to provide a small amount of light. He overhears passing chatter to the extent that Task Force is dead.*

"Huh...so he wasn't the beast...well, that comes as no real surprise...but there's still a few people unaccounted for on this boat...heck, even amongst our team..."

*His eyelids begin to droop but he forces them open again, fearful of what he might dream of should he fall asleep.*

Raptor1
05-23-09, 05:18 PM
*runs to the rescue sub*

Mr. Oberon, mind coming down to the lower deck for a minute? I need to show you something

Oberon
05-23-09, 05:28 PM
*Oberon looks up, strokes his beard and then nods.*

"Eh, sure why not..."

*He shuts the hatch behind him and then, holding his wind-up torch he follows Raptor.*

Raptor1
05-23-09, 05:33 PM
*leads Oberon to the lower level and shows him the papers retrieved from the Admiral's room*

I checked if we had any explosives on board, and these papers clearly show that the amount we were supposed to have was too small to cause any damage here...

*waves arm towards the chamber*

Now, the hull is extremely strong, and reinforced at the reactor level, anything short of the reactor going critical shouldn't have breached it here.

*hands Oberon several schematics of the area*

I believe that a breach here could only be caused deliberately, maybe a shaped charge built right into the pressure hull. There is no other explanation that I can see, what do you think?

Oberon
05-23-09, 05:43 PM
*Oberon shines his torch around as much as he can.*

"Hmmm...this is true...either that or you were hit from the outside. Although a torpedo impact would have generated a bigger hole and flooded an entire section rather than just the lower levels..."

*He crouches down and tries to see through the water.*

"A shaped charge isn't something you can hide away that easily either...not unless it was built into the boat on commission."

*He stands up again and draws in his breath.*

"So...there's two pretty unhappy scenarios here...either someone blew OUT the hull at the reactor space to put us down here...or someone torpedoed the boat, however a torpedo would have been heard by your sonar...so...yes Raptor...yes...I would concur..."

*He nods grimly.*

"Someone did this on purpose..."

Raptor1
05-23-09, 05:52 PM
No, I don't believe this was a torpedo impact either, that would have created a wholly different sort of mess. But I really can't think of anyone who could...or would...plant shaped explosives inside the hull like that. I mean, even if you could hide it, why would you want to secretly destroy a research vessel?

*breaths sharply*

If our boat was sabotaged, do you think yours could be as well?

Oberon
05-23-09, 05:55 PM
*Oberon breaths in sharply*

"****...I hadn't considered that...I'd better go and check!"

*He nearly trips over the bulkhead on the way out.*

Raptor1
05-23-09, 05:58 PM
*takes one last look, picks up the papers and strolls to the bar*

*pours a mug of juice, then looks into it in the barely lit room*

Really...

*sets down the mug without drinking it*

Oberon
05-23-09, 06:14 PM
*Oberon pulls open the hatch and starts looking around.*

"Damn all these wires...gah, the only thing I can do is trace each one from the maglock...this is going to take all night...well...good thing I'm trying to avoid sleeping..."

baggygreen
05-23-09, 06:20 PM
*Stumbling in looking pasty and white*

"Jeezus lads, I thought that finding the Admiral was a bad dream, but clearly not.... Whats going on? I've just been lying in bed, trying to get that picture out of my head! NNow I hear voices talking about TaskForce being killed by some of us! I'll be staying up tonight I think.."

*grabs a crowbar from the back of his overalls and sits in a corner, back against the bulkheads*

CaptainHaplo
05-23-09, 06:22 PM
*watches Raptor closely....

"Interesting - don't care for bug juice do you?"

*walks over to the juice dispensor and pours a cupful, then tosses it down.

"Ugh - damned orange color swill"

Returns to looking at data, but keeps one eye on Raptor.

Letum
05-23-09, 06:29 PM
Day 3
Lights ON

The lights flicker back to life and hurt your eyes for a few seconds.
The sub is cold with out it's heating systems and you did not sleep well.

Some one shout loudly and the survivors run to the games court.
A strange scene presents it's self. The floor is covered in a black ink-like
liquid the consistency of blood and a foul smell fills the room as if it
contained a tonn of rotting fish. The body of Roman2440 lies up against
a wall a few paces from what must have once been his head. There is
something strange about him. His right arm is twice as long as it should
be and comes to a smooth point with no hand at the end. His skin is soft
and damp.

Raptor1
Say, Petty Officers, where did you get that crowbar?

*watches Roman's body as the light comes on*

What the hell is THAT?

baggygreen
"Bug juice? that stuff'll kill you! I'll stick with coffee, thanks"

*Responding to the commotion, baggy runs in with the others to see the disaster that used to be Roman, at the same time successfully avoiding Lt Raptor's enquiry about the crowbar he took from gym, the one he smuggled aboard and used to move the type of weights the PO likes to lift*

"God almighty, that ain't natural! where the hell was Jalu3 last night.... I didn't see him in amongst the rest of us in the bar.. Very suspicious lad he is, I haven't trusted him from the moment he boarded our boat."

*Murmuring more quietly, almost to himself but not quite*
"If you ask me, it ought to be him that was lynched, not that task force fella... go with Jalu3"

On that note, I'm off to work for the afternoon, least I got my vote in today!!

Letum
05-23-09, 06:32 PM
Day 3 more news

As the survivors look around Roman's body they find a second corpse not far away.
No one can tell who it was anymore, but by a process of elimination it must be A Very Super Market.

(Post away!)

Raptor1
05-23-09, 06:39 PM
*surveys the carnage, then grabs a thin, long stick and pokes at Roman's strange arm*

What could have caused this?

TarJak
05-23-09, 06:51 PM
Tarjak joins Raptor1 and examines the scene.

"I'm not sure what did this, but there is something very strange going on here."

Gathing some sample material TarJak checks then double checks the results of the analysis.

"Uhh... This just doesn't make sense..."

"The DNA samples have some very strange anomolies"

Haplo, UnderseaLcpl and Jalu all check the data.

"Aside from the arm, Roman's DNA is not entirely human..."

Raptor1
05-23-09, 07:10 PM
*stares at TarJak*

Wait, do you reckon he might be...the beast?

TarJak
05-23-09, 07:13 PM
"That is if there is only one of them..."

We need to do more analysis! I'm going to abstain from voting this round as I don't have enough to go on.

Nokia
05-23-09, 07:21 PM
"I hate to say it but I think we got lucky last night. If Roman was on of the things killing us then at least he is gone, but that also means there must be more. And when I come to think of it does anyone find it strange that the Vice Admiral was wearing a gown and hood when he was found. I'll tell you one thing and that is that something awfully strange is going on and i don't like it.

*Suddenly realizes something and runs to the captains cabin and starts searching the table drawers*

"The bloody thing gotta be here somewhere if someones not taken it already"

*Finds the Vice Admirals personal sidearm, takes it and returns to the bar*

"I suppose the majority of everyone here knows how to use this. If something dangerous is still on the loose in here we better be prepared. I'll be keeping this for now. And I suppose the science team is already working on getting information about Roman and if he actually is one of them or if he just got mutated for some reason."

*With that said realizes another thing*

"Bloody *********n piece of pi**! Roman was part of the rescue crew and if he really is a monster then we must have brought at least one on board! And if there's more and if they did not come on the rescue sub then this whole accident starts to sound planned."

"Oberon I could not help overhearing you and Raptor talking last night when I got up to get my coffee, you were talking about sabotage? If you did I must say I'm starting to agree because this is just too strange to be an accident.!

Raptor1
05-23-09, 07:28 PM
Not just sabotage, Mr. Nokia, the charges were probably installed during construction, which means that this submarine was designed to sink from the start, that's the only way the damage can be explained. I can't think of why or how someone could place those things, but I also can't shake this feeling that all of this is somehow connected...

CaptainHaplo
05-23-09, 07:33 PM
"Dammit Tarjak - you have never listened to me before now, you probably shouldn't start now either."

"All right, Whatever Roman.... was, he obviously wasn't human. Assuming whatever he was - is involved in the killing, then their has to be more than one of them - because AVSM also is dead, and his DNA checks out as human. That means there must be at least one more - if not many more, among us."

"Now my background isn't oceanic biology, but my grandfather who was a fisherman used to tell stories of what he called the "possessed" - and I always laughed those stories off as just that - stories. But now I wonder. He said they held a deadly hatred of airbreathers, because we could do things they couldnt. While they could walk on land and interact with humans, they could never drink anything but salt water from the sea. Even in his last years he always warned me that I should never trust a man who wouldn't drink in front of me...."

"Now, I can't say for sure that he wasn't spinning a seafaring yarn, but at this point I know for a fact there have been a few people here who have not taken a drink of ANYTHING, coffee/whiskey/bug juice or anything that I have seen on this boat. How many can say they saw Roman drink something here in the common bar? I can't."

"So I propose that each who wants to never get my vote for suspicion, right here and now, drink some bug juice, or coffee or whatever, in front of everyone. Anyone who refuses - scientifically would be the only ones who should be suspect. Its not perfect I will grant you, but given the situation... what is?"

*Walks over and pours another cup of bug juice - this time the red kind, and drains it. Then goes through all the other selections to make sure none are made with sea water. Throwing the now fouled cup into the trash bin, I glare at all the rest of you to prove your able to drink like a human.

Nokia
05-23-09, 07:35 PM
"Well if that's the case Raptor this is just getting better and better all the time, I tell you that if we survive I'm writing a book about it, and I bet it's gonna sell by the millions amongst the horror enthusiast. But on a more serious note, if the charges where put there when the vessel was being built either someone higher up knew about it or we are dealing with someone that really know what they are doing. Maybe the government did some crazy medical experiments and ended up with monsters and needed a way to get rid of them."

*Hears what CaptainHaplo says, walks over to the coffee maker and fills his mug and fills it up, then takes his flask from his pocket and puts a little Vat 69 in the coffee*

"Now the only thing I need is creme but that can't be helped, cheers!"

...I'll be back later

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 07:37 PM
*To Raptor*

"Sir, I have no idea what is going on with this place. What with the new grisley scene and everything. But you seem the most in charge here on deciding and getting stuff done. So consider myself at your dissposal.

Also, sir, there is something you may want to know..."

*Takes sips of bug juice while wispering to Raptor*

Raptor1
05-23-09, 07:39 PM
*grabs a mug of bug juice and drains it*

Really, I've been trying to cut out with the bug juice, I probably drank two dozen mugs of it two days ago...

CaptainHaplo
05-23-09, 07:49 PM
Looks at nokia...

"You filled the mug - but didnt drink...." *Assumes the cheers means he actually did drink?*

"Silver and Raptor1 - you two are good in my book, and well done!"

SandyCaesar
05-23-09, 08:08 PM
(/AFK)

Staggering back, covered with engine oil and grease, SandyCaesar makes it back to the bar.

"All right, I'll bite. What the hell was Roman doing back there? And why does he look like a squid? And AVSM...poor lad, I knew him well. Good news, though, I found a couple more containers of bug juice in the auxiliary diesel room, along with more canned food than we can possibly eat. Food storage is wonderful, ain't it?"

Sandy shakes his head, and gulps down a cup of blue bug juice.

"There's my testing done. Now if you don't mind, save some of that stuff. I'll need to scrub the showers soon." Not to mention, calamari will never look the same again...

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 08:31 PM
*To Raptor*

"Sir, I have no idea what is going on with this place. What with the new grisley scene and everything. But you seem the most in charge here on deciding and getting stuff done. So consider myself at your dissposal.

Also, sir, there is something you may want to know..."

*Takes sips of bug juice while wispering to Raptor*

"...and that's it sir."

*salutes*

"By the way, has anyone eaten anything? If it's alright with you guys I'll cook us up something. Maybe the food would help us figure something out."

*Goes to kitchen*

Raptor1
05-23-09, 08:33 PM
God, I hope it's not more fish...

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 08:37 PM
God, I hope it's not more fish...

"Well sir, what else is there?"

Raptor1
05-23-09, 08:40 PM
Well...Mr. SandyCaeser, hand me some of that canned food, will ya?...

SandyCaesar
05-23-09, 08:41 PM
"All of the tin cans I just dug up? I count several varieties of tuna, anchovies, canned squid, oysters, crab..."

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 08:42 PM
"Well, what'll it be sir?" (:rotfl:)

Raptor1
05-23-09, 08:44 PM
With all the food variety, it's a real wonder why those beasts are chopping up people...

Okay, fine, fish it is...

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 08:46 PM
"Yes sir"

*Starts cooking tuna*

"So what do you make of everything Lt.? You have more experience here then I do, so what's your outtake?"

Raptor1
05-23-09, 08:51 PM
Frankly, Mr. Silverraptor, I have no idea. The explosives, the sabotage, the distress message, the beast...It all seems like it needs to fit together somehow, only it doesn't...like a jigsaw puzzle with flat edges...

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 08:53 PM
Frankly, Mr. Silverraptor, I have no idea. The explosives, the sabotage, the distress message, the beast...It all seems like it needs to fit together somehow, only it doesn't, like a jigsaw puzzle with flat edges...
"Yeah, and the weirdest piece is Roman. He was one of the rescue crew, yet he was a monster of some sorts. Yet A Very Super Market was also apart of the rescue attempt but was human. I don't know what to believe, but I have some suspicion about the rescue crew.

Nokia strikes me as a little fishy with his attitude. It seems like he KNOWS he's going to live, at least to me he does."

SandyCaesar
05-23-09, 11:06 PM
"You know, when I was joking about the giant crab? I just thought of something.

Those injuries on Letum looked like they were caused by crab claws. But Roman looked like a squid. I might not have a major in ocean biology, but something else caused those injuries... another kind of monster?"

Silverraptor
05-23-09, 11:13 PM
"You know, when I was joking about the giant crab? I just thought of something.

Those injuries on Letum looked like they were caused by crab claws. But Roman looked like a squid. I might not have a major in ocean biology, but something else caused those injuries... another kind of monster?"

"You know that is interesting... and you know what else is weird, the bodies. While I was cooking and thinking about what Lt. Raptor said about variety of food. All the bodies were found with the parts there, nothing was missing or had obvious signs of bite marks. It's as if the monsters are killing us for something other then food...

Anyways, DINNER'S READY!!!"

Chad
05-24-09, 01:58 AM
Dinner's ready?! Did i hear right? I'm starving! :D

JALU3
05-24-09, 02:01 AM
::rubbing at the bandages around my head he looks at the carnage before him, listening to the accusations of he being a criminal::
I was asleep, and feared the quiet from the lack of response when I called out the day before.
::how he ended up in the gaming room, he didn't have the foggyist idea, but he knew something foul was a foot::

Well what is it that I can help with?
I have been out since the events that lead to the sub going down, and now this. When I signed up for the research grant, I didn't know it would lead to this!
::pauses to think::
Well I think we should not be alone, anywhere, that we should all remain in groups of three, least one is not who they appear to be.

Nokia
05-24-09, 02:30 AM
Looks at nokia...

"You filled the mug - but didnt drink...." *Assumes the cheers means he actually did drink?*

"Silver and Raptor1 - you two are good in my book, and well done!"

///Yes the cheers meant that I also drank it :) was just too tired to type it///

"Silverraptor I do not know if I'm going to live but I see all the madness going on and I'm not afraid to meet my maker I just want to find out who is behind all this"

"Anything new about Roman TarJak? The sooner we know if he's on of the monsters the better."

**I vote Raptor1 for leader again because he seems to have a good idea what the situation is and also abstain from the lynch vote**

SandyCaesar
05-24-09, 03:03 AM
"I will continue to vote Raptor1 as the makeshift captain. But as I still don't have enough information as to who the killer may be, I ABSTAIN from the lynch vote." <must turn in for the night>

Raptor1
05-24-09, 03:11 AM
I shall Abstain from this dreadful practice of lynching for now, given not enough evidence.

JALU3
05-24-09, 03:17 AM
abstain from leader voting(No need to upset the apple cart here)
lynch vote for baggygreen

baggygreen
05-24-09, 03:35 AM
"ahhh... the good old revenge vote"

I'll be keeping my eye on you Jalu3...

"As a mater of fact, might we have a private word??"

*takes jalu3 to a quiet part of the room*

TarJak
05-24-09, 03:39 AM
TarJak and the rest of the science team move Roman's body into a makeshift medical facility in the cargo bay and get to work on examining it.

"I just can't work this out. His body seems to be reverting to it's natual form."

Slowly but perceptably, Roman's elongated and pointed limb is shrinking and the digits of his hard begin to reappear.

"Can somebody get me something to drink? This is thirsty work."

Nokia
05-24-09, 03:48 AM
"Sure TarJak"

*Goes and gets some bug juice and then gives it to TarJak*

"Now try to find out as much as possible because time is short and night is coming closer as we speak. I just hope we will be equally lucky next night."

TarJak
05-24-09, 03:51 AM
TarJak gulps down the juice.

Thanks Nokia.

"Looking at the information we have I'm really in the dark about what is causing the transformation."

"The only explanations I an come up with a pretty unscientific. I'm not a believer in spooks or spirits, but something very unusual happened to Roman and made him somehow inhuman."

"Whatever it was has left him or has died and now he's reverting back to human form."

"If it is something that can be explained by science, it is outside my experience."

UnderseaLcpl
05-24-09, 04:27 AM
*bursts into the room, apparently unaware of the pages of print paper that are trailing from the heel of his shoe. *

"I just heard about Roman! Let me see! Let me see!"

"Oh my, this is......well, it is unprecedented! We must examine this specimen at once! Oh, my kingdom for a microscope! Tarjak, help me get this body to the examination tables! I think this will explain some of the confusing data we were seeing earlier..... oh but don't touch the affected limb! We can't afford any more contamination than has already taken place! Hurry! Hurry! There's no telling what kind of bacterial infestation this specimen may be suffering in this tepid hellhole!"

Tarrasque
05-24-09, 04:35 AM
*Stirs from the table where he'd slipped into a restless, uneasy sleep. Hearing of Roman's death and what he'd become he shivers long and hard.*

"It's like something out of a Matelot's worst nightmares."

"TarJak seems to know far much more than he's saying. Something needs to be done."

Abstain From Leader vote.

TarJak for Lynch vote.