PDA

View Full Version : SC Doctrine editing

I-25
09-14-07, 04:14 PM
I installed S C the otehr day and got back into it jejeje.
Umm im trying to set up a goal that if a Sosus sensor detects a SSBN a radio message is sent to me. i tryed using the "counterdetect" command but dont work. can it be done?

clive bradbury
09-15-07, 03:14 AM
There are no working SOSUS sensors in the game, so to acheive your aim you have to simulate it. Use an attached approach goal to the SSBN.

I-25
09-16-07, 11:10 PM
I am using SCXIIc and SOSUS is modeled. but to put it more simply i want to set a trigger that if an AI object detects another AI object i get notified

clive bradbury
09-17-07, 02:40 AM
I am using SCXIIc and SOSUS is modeled. but to put it more simply i want to set a trigger that if an AI object detects another AI object i get notified

Then your doctrine should read:

IF (name of detecting boat) COUNTERDETECT (name of target) THEN GOAL TRIGGERED.

You can then try attaching a radio message to that goal - not sure if that works. If it does not, simply create a second goal with the message included, and make the triggering of your first goal the condition for triggering the second.

I-25
09-23-07, 10:41 PM
still having same troble. in the (name of detecting unit) only player units appeare. no AI units show up in the field.

clive bradbury
09-30-07, 07:03 AM
Hi I-25. This problem intrigued me, so I took a look at it, and the solution is easy. Simply set an 'approach' goal at your detection device at whatever range you want. When it triggers you can send a radio message - no need for doctrine language at all. You can specify the goal to only trigger at the approach of a specific vessel, too.