PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] ...remove the incorrect anti-erosion spikes

bunkerratt
03-27-07, 11:32 AM
yes the way incorrect concrete anti-erosion spikes around seawalls and ports are fantasy...yes they will become real but not for another 10 yrs yrs...wtf?....funds well spent on r-d....but the mouse pad is bug free!!!!!!!

Gildor
03-27-07, 06:13 PM
I assume you mean these? They are called Tetrapods and were developed in the early 1950s by a French company. Only 5 years or so after WW2. I would assume that the Seabees would have used some kind of pre-fabricated coastal armour similar as this.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9765/tetrapoduz0.jpg

bunkerratt
03-27-07, 06:32 PM
either way it's still wrong..and any erosion control was done with riprap and steel ..and junk...my grandfather was a seabee in the pacific ..actulaay bothgrand parents and 2 great uncles...all naval service...but any way..it;s still a non existant item at this time...but the mouse pad was well researched

Gildor
03-27-07, 08:02 PM
Well the fact that they are in the game doesnt change my way of playing. I can live with them. I didnt even notice them until I saw your post. I dont hang around the harbour much. :lol:

bunkerratt
03-27-07, 08:27 PM
i'm not trying to get ya mad at all ...it's just an observation..;)

AVGWarhawk
03-27-07, 08:43 PM
Thanks for noticing but there are more pressing issues that need attending first. ;)