PDA

View Full Version : [REL] No Intro Mod

Beery
03-25-07, 11:14 AM
Hi folks,

Just in case anyone wants to get rid of the game intros (the Ubisoft logo and the long intro movie) here's a little mod that will do that for you.

If someone else has already done this... well now I guess there are two mods for it LOL.

The file is at www.beerymod.com/SH4/Beery-NoIntro.7z (http://www.beerymod.com/SH4/Beery-NoIntro.7z)

Gizzmoe
03-25-07, 11:18 AM
Those 0-byte intro files caused problems on many systems (SH3), itīs safer to simply delete the two intro videos, they are in data\movies\intro.

Beery
03-25-07, 11:22 AM
That's an option too, if people know where to find 'em. :)

The mod is set up for JSGME, so if it doesn't work it's easy to uninstall.

Anyway, it's there for those who used it successfully before and for those who want to give it a go. I promise it won't remotely start anyone's car engine or demagnetize fridge magnets. ;)

Jimbuna
03-25-07, 01:25 PM
Thanks Beery :up: ....but will it make my hamster pregnant :hmm:
:rotfl:

Alex
03-25-07, 02:46 PM
:rotfl: :p

Anachronous
03-25-07, 02:58 PM
I simply move them to a backup folder. That way the game doesnt try and play blank files at the start and you dont actually delete them.

FAdmiral
03-25-07, 03:12 PM
I'd like to replace them with a movie of an American Sub moving past
the screen with all hands on deck and the song "Anchors Aweigh" playing
in the background. NOW THAT would get me in the mood for playing SH4 !

JIM

E.Hartmann
03-25-07, 03:34 PM
Hit ESC works for me every time.... :rotfl:

Beery
03-26-07, 12:56 PM
Hit ESC works for me every time.... :rotfl:

I usually zone out after starting the game, so I'm usually a couple of minutes into the intro before I come to my senses. I'm sure many folks are like me, otherwise the feature wouldn't have been requested to be put into RUb.

Beery
03-26-07, 01:01 PM
I had forgotten what a negative environment the game community could be when it comes to mods. Heck, I put a free mod up that no one has to use and apart from a couple of humorous posts that aren't negative the responses range from poking fun all the way to warnings that the mod is unsafe (which it isn't). Nice. Thanks folks. This will really get me into the mood to make my next large-scale mod. :)

FIREWALL
03-26-07, 01:26 PM
I had forgotten what a negative environment the game community could be when it comes to mods. Heck, I put a free mod up that no one has to use and apart from a couple of humorous posts that aren't negative the responses range from poking fun all the way to warnings that the mod is unsafe (which it isn't). Nice. Thanks folks. This will really get me into the mood to make my next large-scale mod. :)

I for one appreciate your's and every other modder's effort's.
Anyone who disses a modder is cutting their own throat IMHO.

Schultzy
03-26-07, 01:57 PM
Glad to see you're back Beery! Loved RUB, looking forward to your Real Fleet Boats Mod! ;) (No pressure!) :lol:

Jimbuna
03-26-07, 04:15 PM

I fully understand your sentiments Beery....but just as a means of clarification in case I am interpreting your post incorrectly, I wrote but will it make my hamster pregnant as a humorous response to what you wrote I promise it won't remotely start anyone's car engine or demagnetize fridge magnets.
For the record....I appreciate what the modding community put into the game and spend a lot of time and effort in supporting GWX in particular....I would normally comment "wind yer neck in and chill out a little" but in this case I may be totally wrong in your intended target with relation to a 'negative community environment' (I sincerely hope so anyway!!)
If this is in fact the case.....then GOOD HUNTING :arrgh!:

jimimadrid
03-26-07, 04:23 PM

go on beery. don't loose time with this guys opinions. There are a lot of people who know how helpful the working modders are. I never would play sh3 without mods, and i thing the same will occur with sh4. Therefore thanks for spending your private time to build mods for the sh4.

regards
jimimadrid

don1reed
03-26-07, 06:13 PM
Hey, Beery,?!!!?

Isn't this, Ed Zackery, how you started RuB? That is, nix the intro movie? Yeah Baby!

Beery's Back!

It's PIG Boat time.:rock:

Beery
03-26-07, 07:28 PM
I fully understand your sentiments Beery....but just as a means of clarification in case I am interpreting your post incorrectly, I wrote but will it make my hamster pregnant as a humorous response to what you wrote I promise it won't remotely start anyone's car engine or demagnetize fridge magnets.

Yours was one of the posts that I said were exceptions. I thought what you said was funny and I thought it was actually supportive, since it followed on from the joke I made. :)

Jimbuna
03-27-07, 11:05 AM

Yours was one of the posts that I said were exceptions. I thought what you said was funny and I thought it was actually supportive, since it followed on from the joke I made. :)

Cheers kaleun.....virtual beers all round :()1:

go on beery. don't loose time with this guys opinions. There are a lot of people who know how helpful the working modders are. I never would play sh3 without mods, and i thing the same will occur with sh4. Therefore thanks for spending your private time to build mods for the sh4.

:roll: :hmm: