PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] Crew Qualities

Schlageter-JG26
03-21-07, 09:26 PM
Maybe I'm missing the mark, but I haven't been able to adjust crew values correctly yet. My main interest, and yes it is anti-sim, is to eliminate fatigue. I don't know why the crew has 0 and 4 ability when I am sailing easily and not taxing them. It's been a week of easy sailing followed by one half day of combat operations as I took apart a large convoy. Then just two deck gun engagements on the way out. But the crew is hardly staying awake and everything is shutting down as I'm trying to move back to base.

The SH3 values I modified in the SH4 Data folder does not affect the SH4 crew. Anyone figure out where to look for this yet?

elanaiba
03-22-07, 03:10 AM
look for .upc files in several places.

the whole sh3 crew data was very badly done and this has been completely rewritten/

BTW, wait for patch, it will change stuff a little bit.

Schlageter-JG26
03-22-07, 07:40 AM
What can I use to edit ups files? Notepad or a hex program?

elanaiba
03-22-07, 07:51 AM
Notepad would be fine. Upc, not ups, though.

Schlageter-JG26
03-22-07, 09:43 AM
Oh good, so they'll be delivered on time then. :rotfl:

Schlageter-JG26
03-22-07, 12:38 PM
I went into MyDocs and fiddled around again over lunch with the crew values, renown at beginning, some skill values and ammo amounts for the deck gun to see what would or wouldn't work for values.... but NONE of it translated into the game. Will keep looking to see if I can figure out what I'm missing. :know:

waste gate
03-22-07, 12:50 PM
I went into MyDocs and fiddled around again over lunch with the crew values, renown at beginning, some skill values and ammo amounts for the deck gun to see what would or wouldn't work for values.... but NONE of it translated into the game. Will keep looking to see if I can figure out what I'm missing. :know:

I've been told that the file structure is like SH3. Modify the crew in the basic cfg file.

elanaiba
03-22-07, 01:04 PM
Just ignore the basic.cfg file.

waste gate
03-22-07, 03:49 PM

I think you are mistaken elanaiba. the basic cfg is where all the renown and fatigue for the crew is located.

Schlageter-JG26
03-22-07, 04:40 PM
I'm finding it's mix and match. Basic crew qualities in CFG and efficiency data in rank. Got the crew sorted out mostly.

But I still cannot tell for the life of me when they are Wounded VS Dead. I've seen a more orangish shade and a more reddish shade in their picture but can't tell. At least I got them to stop passing out!

For my next trick: How can I adjust Sub speeds when surfaced/submerged?

What I want to do is up them so I can use a "Travel" mode. My PC, while still fast-ish, is older now and CHUGS at the high time multiplication when traveling on the map. What I want to do is make the subs 3 or 4x faster in Flank speed and then use a calculator to readjust the lower speed settings to reflect the proper speed variations. In this way Flank will be cheat-fast, Full will be old Flank speed in proper kn, get rid of 2/3 and use the 1/3 same as orig as well.

Any tips? Not finding anything for this yet.

elanaiba
03-22-07, 06:03 PM
I think you are mistaken elanaiba. the basic cfg is where all the renown and fatigue for the crew is located.

Uhm, that was true for sh3. Its no longer used. Trust me on this one.

waste gate
03-22-07, 06:13 PM

Uhm, that was true for sh3. Its no longer used. Trust me on this one.

So where is the file(s) for tweeking the crew?

Schlageter-JG26
03-22-07, 10:35 PM
I'm messing with every file I can find at the moment. Some are in MyDocs under SH4, the rest are in wherever you installed the rest of SH4 under Data. Some are in Cfg and Main, but a lot of what I'm playing with is in UPCdata.

BE CAREFUL. I'm trying to figure out what I altered that has my guys dying inexplicably. They have 99,999hp but some are dead. I also can't get them to sleep enough, and that goes the same even WITHOUT modding the game. That's the first thing that got me interested in changing their values because they were dying while standing watch! No matter how much I swap them around, spend days doing nothing at sea, etc, their Efficiency goes to 0 and they end up dying even when we've taken no damage. :damn:

In the current state of mod, I've got 6 dead guys. But they all died DAYS after any combat. Those who are wounded, even though their health might be 99 or 96, STILL won't rest or sleep!

Right now I'm curious if the Maintenance schedule is a factored requirement in the game. If its not, I want to zero it out and add that value to the SleepCoef. With all the stuff I've tweaked around this afternoon, who knows what needs fixing. LOL But it's not terribly worse than it was as-delivered. No matter what I do, I can get to Japan, do my mission, and get partway back before everyone commits suicide.

And I just LOST my save file after a 3 hour patrol when I tried editing the dead guys back to life. Went in to see if it changed anything, but they were still listed with 0 health as dead guys. Saved over it again and exited, but when I checked the MyDocs folders it was GONE. So be careful while you tweak.

I know some die-hards would cry fowl at this, but for my interest in gameplay I could do without the wacky crew situation. I want them to be alert, not dead, and its really annoying me. At least in SH3 there were empty BUNKS to rotate guys to. In this one everyone stays where they are and on their feet for a week until they drop dead. Even rotating the guys who are worse off so they get more shifts sleeping doesn't work because they WON'T SLEEP. :nope:

RPG-like enough for you yet?

MP
03-23-07, 06:35 PM
Going around in circles here, I will keep trying also. Nothing I have done in any of those locations has any effect on the crew. I might start work on a trainer if this keeps bugging me lol.