PDA

View Full Version : P3 dynamic mission

Hawk66
02-27-07, 01:31 PM
Hi guys,

I wanna create a dynamic mission for my favorite plane :D in DW: P3.
Dynamic mission means, that the objectives varies every time you start the mission..you know the stuff.

If you have any great ideas -apart from the usual stuff- which could be included, let me know.

ASWnut101
02-27-07, 04:15 PM
Well, what do you consider the 'usual' stuff?:hmm:

Molon Labe
02-27-07, 04:41 PM
An aircraft generally sorties already knowing what its mission is. So, dynamic elements of such a mission should focus on things that occur unexpectedly.

I would rule out most strike and convoy/fleet defense missions based on this. However, you might respond to transiting subs being detected by SOSUS nets while transiting, protecting a downed pilot from surface threats, locating a vessel suspected of piracy.

Another way to work in something dynamic might be to have to track a detected sub contact, and to have the mission objectives based on what the sub does (i.e. tracking on a certain course indicates no threat, while another sub might be positioning for an attack and is declared hostile). Subs transiting to certain areas might give hints about an adversaries strategic objectives, which might call for a time-sensitive recon mission as well.

Hawk66
02-28-07, 01:37 PM
@Molon: Thanks for your ideas, I like the idea with the downed pilot.

Personally I've a (fictional) cold-war scenario around Keflavik in my mind.

Hawk66
03-11-07, 04:00 PM
Since this scenario will be around the GIUK gap: Can you provide me with any ideas, how to model SOSUS in a realistic way? A sonobouy field ?

Thx.

Molon Labe
03-11-07, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't try to directly integrate it. To me, the way SOSUS would interact with the commander at sea would be in the form of intelligence updates, rather than datalinked data (although perhaps datalink is possible..I don't know). But simply reporting the position of specific platforms to the playable at an appropriate time should work just fine.

kage
03-18-07, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't try to directly integrate it. To me, the way SOSUS would interact with the commander at sea would be in the form of intelligence updates, rather than datalinked data (although perhaps datalink is possible..I don't know). But simply reporting the position of specific platforms to the playable at an appropriate time should work just fine.

Make sure that you verify they are good. I have had radio reports of that kind come in on a target that was at a completely different course and than the mission designer had anticipated, and were therefore dead wrong.