PDA

View Full Version : SCX Installation

Linton
02-02-07, 08:22 AM
The current version of scx is cumbersome to install.It requires two versions to be activated in a very specific way and then a final add-on for esm fixes.Would it be possible to combine this into one mod?It would certainly help people using the NCP to mod their game.Can we also make it NCP compliant as there have been a few issues with this.

Bill Nichols
02-18-07, 01:26 PM
The current version of scx is cumbersome to install.It requires two versions to be activated in a very specific way and then a final add-on for esm fixes.Would it be possible to combine this into one mod?It would certainly help people using the NCP to mod their game.Can we also make it NCP compliant as there have been a few issues with this.

Good news! Oneshot has created a 'simpler installer' version, which is now available on the Downloads page at my site.

:rock:

OneShot
02-19-07, 04:52 AM
I only have the original SC ... Linton could you please expand some on the problems the NCP has with SCX ...

Btw. I forgot to mention that you better have your game already patched to 1.08 before installing SCX. I thought about an installer with the patch included but I didn't knew if that was such a good idea.

Cheers
OS

Linton
02-19-07, 08:58 AM
The only issue that I am aware of with the NCP ws a lack of sound in the game when you used the platform changer.I have two versions on my computers.The first is v1.0 patched to .08 and then SCX installed.The other version was with the ncp.When I attempted to install the payabel sub changer I got a message saying that voices were disabled as the version was not 1.07,even though the ncp is meant to be v1.08!It also went on to say something like enjoy the silence!!As I already had a working version i just deleted the whole thing .

OneShot
02-19-07, 09:09 AM
Hmm ... without actually having the NCP I'll take a SWAG here ... NCP - SC is 1.08 tho the .exe is a bit different and maybe has a different version number then regular SC due to the changes made for NCP.

This means that unless the coder of the InstallPlayableSub.exe makes a new .exe then SCXII or at least the SCU wont be compatible with NCP-SC.

So I see two options right now ... I could try and attempt to make an installer that has all the goodies from SCXIIc except the SCU (which in the end would be pretty pointless, because as far as I see the only reason for anymore to actually use SC is to play a different sub then one of the stock ones.) or whoever made the aforementioned .exe takes some time and tries to make one for NCP-SC.

Sorry I dont have any better news for ya.

Cheers
OS

Linton
02-19-07, 09:32 AM
Perhaps the new man from Sonalysts could help us out.Frying Tiger where are you??