PDA

View Full Version : SCX team where are you?

Linton
01-27-07, 03:31 PM
The SCX team turned a subsim into so much more.This was thanks to a lot of work by many members who seem to have disappeared.Where are you all????

Ramius
01-27-07, 03:54 PM
Most of us are still here (all be it not so active anymore :oops:)

Linton
02-04-07, 05:52 AM
Perhaps the team could be asked to simplify the SCX process into one easy to install package like the DW mod install.

GhOsT55
02-04-07, 01:22 PM
little "ot" but dose and one kno how to put scx/scx2 in to the steam version of sc?
would be great if some one could help me

Bera
02-08-07, 02:49 PM
little "ot" but dose and one kno how to put scx/scx2 in to the steam version of sc?

Iīve "patched" SCXII over my STEAM version of SC and itīs running just fine. I think the mods only change the database, and not the executable files.

GhOsT55
02-08-07, 04:14 PM

Iīve "patched" SCXII over my STEAM version of SC and itīs running just fine. I think the mods only change the database, and not the executable files.
ok so it can be done.but how?

Bera
02-13-07, 08:06 AM

ok so it can be done.but how?

First, you must install SCXII. Just download the file and unzip it under your SC directory. Make sure you read the "readme" file, because youīll need to execute one or more files under the "graphics" directory. Then, download the SCXIIc and install it exactly the same way you did before (donīt forget the "readme"). Thereīs some files over www.subguru.com (http://www.subguru.com) that fixes some SCXII issues, like the ESM masts. Done! :D

GhOsT55
02-13-07, 08:32 PM
ok i got scx in but now im getting the controllier ini error?help?

Bera
02-14-07, 01:42 PM
ok i got scx in but now im getting the controllier ini error?help?

Did you install SCXII BEFORE SCXIIc?

GhOsT55
02-14-07, 05:43 PM
yeah did as you told me to.
ill mess aronund with it to see if i can get it to work.

EDIT:it says it cant open the controler.ini

Sub Sailor
02-15-07, 12:40 PM
SCXIIc Team may not be so active anymore, but as a Submariner for a big junk of my life, through most of the Cold war, I started in the early 60s, SC and SCXIIc is a great sim , in fact the best as far as I am concerned. Wolf has done wonders for DW but SC is a truly fine sim. And, for us old guys it reminds us of the "good old days".

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)

LoBlo
02-15-07, 05:28 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how the SCX team got permission to mod the .dll files while DW's mod has been restricted:hmm: :-?

Linton
02-15-07, 05:55 PM
I will ask again,will someone from the SCX team rationalise the multiple instillatios into one easy install perhaps usinng an installer such s the one used for lwami?

Sea Demon
02-15-07, 06:10 PM
I will ask again,will someone from the SCX team rationalise the multiple instillatios into one easy install perhaps usinng an installer such s the one used for lwami?

Very good suggestion indeed. I second the idea.

OneShot
02-16-07, 03:11 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how the SCX team got permission to mod the .dll files while DW's mod has been restricted:hmm: :-?

They never did get the permission. Back then they just made it and SCS/EA didnt bother to make any legal waves.

EDIT : I'm currently looking into making a one file installer just like there is one for the LwAmi Mod including the JSGME tool. Since there is a lot of installing happening in both SCXII and SCXIIc I have to look through the whole installation process to get it to work with the Install Creator I use ... so far its looking promising.

Bera
02-16-07, 10:19 AM

They never did get the permission. Back then they just made it and SCS/EA didnt bother to make any legal waves.

EDIT : I'm currently looking into making a one file installer just like there is one for the LwAmi Mod including the JSGME tool. Since there is a lot of installing happening in both SCXII and SCXIIc I have to look through the whole installation process to get it to work with the Install Creator I use ... so far its looking promising.

With or without an installer, SCXII is great. You did a hell of a job. And I DO play SC a lot more than DW (ow, that Akula skin....)! Tks guys, a very nice work indeed.

OneShot
02-16-07, 12:00 PM
Ok the SCX IIc installer is done.

From the ReadMe at the beginning of the installer :
This installer combines the SCX II and SCX IIc packages as well as the ESM Fix so you dont have to install either of them again.

Furthermore all changes for the SCU are done as well, so all you have to do is select your Submarine of choice - don't try to use the InstallPlayableSub.exe again - you don't have to. Same goes for the batch files which are still in some of the directories ... simply ignore them.

The only optional thing you can do is use the SC SoundEdit Tool (which is included in this installer) and add the buoy sound which is mentioned in one of the ReadMe's.

After installing the SCX Package there is no going back to Stock SubCommand unless you deinstall and install it again. There is no JSGME Tool or other such thing included in this installer.

Big Thanks to the SCX Team - you guys did a great job. I just put a new wrapping on the gift package.

Cheers
Thorsten "OneShot" Bergmann

The installer weights about 44MB which is actually 5MB less then all the other packages together.

P.S. : Anybody who wants to host this package or actually wants it - please contact me by IM or EMail.

Cheers
OS

Linton
02-16-07, 04:22 PM
Oneshot ,you have done a massive favour to the entire subsim community.I am sure that Bill will host this mod.I am going to pm Neal and ask that he recognises your efforts.Will you email it to Bill as he has told me he is prepared to host it.

Bill Nichols
02-18-07, 01:28 PM
On my site now!

Kudos to Oneshot :rock: