SUBSIM Radio Room Forums



SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Get ready for a whole new level of realism!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-23, 08:06 PM   #1
ElCid97
Mate
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 53
Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0
Default BuPers Mod Beta Versions

=======================
==== BuPers Mod Beta 3 ====
=======================

Here is the link to the third Beta version.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/90510...Beta_3.7z/file

This should be last beta before version 1.0 getting uploaded to the files here if there are no issues reported.

Beta 3:

1. This version adds support through the "menu_1024_768.ini" file by modifying various aspects of the "look" for the game.
2. Fonts changed over game-wide to the "typewriter" style found throughout the sim in various places. This is similar to the font style found in older versions of SH such as SH3.
3. Font for the awards screen in the captain's office also changed to look more "presentable" by activating and using the default "Trajan Pro" font found in the game.
4. Installation is PRIOR to any of Jimimadrid's mods since his mods modify specific lines of the "ini" file. This is something I'm still trying to teach myself but haven't really been able to do just yet. Just use JSGME to install this mod before any of his and you should be fine.
5. All previous changes incorporated into this version.

Beta 2:

1. Ranks modified in the "menu.txt" file. They are now:
Apprentice Seaman (AS)
Seaman 2nd Class (S2C)
Seaman 1st Class (S1C)
Petty Officer 3rd Class (PO3C)
Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2C)
Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1C)
Chief Petty Officer (CPO)
Warrant Officer (WO)
Commissioned Warrant Officer (CWO)
Ensign (ENS)
Lieutenant JG (LTJG)
Lieutenant (LT)
2. Rank images modified in the "CrewSystemsManagement.dds" file. (thanks to Jimimadrid for his help!)
3. Rates "badges" added to the "CrewSystems Management.dds" file. (thanks to Jimimadrid for his help!)
4. Player rank descriptions improved in the "menu.txt" file.
5. Medal award certificate improved in the "menu.txt" file.
6. Changed (6) Special Abilities that best reflected crew aboard a US sub in WW2 in the "SpecialAbilities.upc" file so that you now have them as crew members as default.
7. Added positions to the "CrewMembers.upc" file to reflect the changes in the Special Abilities. Player will now have Pharmacist's Mates, Diving Officers, etc.
8. ALL PLAYABLE Fleet Boats and both S-Boats now have "NSS" files that include the new positions.
9. Rank experience adjusted so that it's approximately requiring anywhere between 20% and 55% increase from one rank to another in order to promote. LT cap is still at 20,000, but ENS -- for example -- is now at 9,750 experience points.
10. Automatic promotions from Apprentice Seaman to Seaman 1st Class, manual (in-base) promotion to Petty Officer 3rd Class (along with rating distribution), automatic promotion from PO3C to PO1C, manual from PO1C to Chief Petty Officer, automatic again from CPO to Warrant Officer, manual promotion to Commissioned Warrant Officer, and finally automatic promotions from CWO up to LT.

Updates to the "beta" will be here on this post.

ElCid97

Last edited by ElCid97; 02-05-23 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Change in version.
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 07:52 AM   #2
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Somewhere between Buenos Aires and the Bungo Suido
Posts: 4,822
Downloads: 2913
Uploads: 0


Default

Many thanks for the job.

Downloading now for test in my FOTRSU.

NOTE: YOU NEED TO PUT ALL THE FOUR FOLDERES IN A "BUPERS MOD/DATA" FOLDER FOR ACTIVATION VIA JSGME.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
__________________



My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 02:16 PM   #3
ElCid97
Mate
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 53
Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0
Default

OOPPSS!!

Sorry about that. I'm so used to flightsim uploads for FS9 (FS2004) that I forgot that JSGME requires you to have ALL the file structure for it to work.

It's fixed now, so you should have the Data\... structure in there. Just drop the "Bupers_Mod_Beta_2" folder in the "MODS" folder and activate.

I based everything on FotRSU as the base, so you should have no problems.

Future updates forthcoming based on feedback!

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 09:57 PM   #4
ElCid97
Mate
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 53
Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0
Default

Beta Version 3 posted to first post.

Enjoy!

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-23, 08:49 AM   #5
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Somewhere between Buenos Aires and the Bungo Suido
Posts: 4,822
Downloads: 2913
Uploads: 0


Default

Problem detected

Using Jimimadrid mods, without BuPers, I have the sub name in the submanagement station: USS Silversides (SS-236):




But when using BuPers installed BEFORE the Jimimadrid mods, I lost the name of my sub, and appears the class name - USS Gato.




It seems - for me - a problem with the size of the typewriter font. The "Silversides" name doesn´t fit in the space for the submarine name.

All the other items works fine.

My modlist:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak
Nippon_Maru_v1.9b_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.3a_FotRSU
Combined Roster
399_NoScrollNavMap
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots
451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nippon_Maru
451b_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nihon_Kaigun
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar
801_UMark Invisible
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4
SMALLER SEABED ROCKS
SMALLER SEA PLANTS SMALL
sobers better sand II
sobers better rock Ver 2 mod
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
FOTRSU_1.8_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.8
speech_overhaul
New Sounds for Fleetboat_Interior-Officer Quarters mod
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
650_OriginalFOTRS_Dudz
Jimimadrid Metalic Dials
Jimimadrid Sailors for FotRSU
851_Red_FotRSU_Logo
DarkerNightsEnv_V2
Lite Fog v2 + 100' Underwater Visability
Vanilla Impurities
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_SILVERSIDES_SS-236
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_SILVERSIDES_SS-236
BuPers_Mod_Beta_3
jimimadrid HUD
Jimimadrid Optics
jimimadrid Shells
Jimimadrid Tools
Jimimadrid SubManagement
Jimimadrid TDC

Select Your Sub




Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo
__________________



My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.

Last edited by fitzcarraldo; 02-12-23 at 11:40 AM.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-23, 01:31 PM   #6
jimimadrid
spanish graphic guru
 
jimimadrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Augsburg, Germany
Posts: 378
Downloads: 111
Uploads: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Problem detected

Using Jimimadrid mods, without BuPers, I have the sub name in the submanagement station: USS Silversides (SS-236):




But when using BuPers installed BEFORE the Jimimadrid mods, I lost the name of my sub, and appears the class name - USS Gato.




It seems - for me - a problem with the size of the typewriter font. The "Silversides" name doesn´t fit in the space for the submarine name.

All the other items works fine.

My modlist:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak
Nippon_Maru_v1.9b_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.3a_FotRSU
Combined Roster
399_NoScrollNavMap
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots
451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nippon_Maru
451b_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nihon_Kaigun
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar
801_UMark Invisible
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4
SMALLER SEABED ROCKS
SMALLER SEA PLANTS SMALL
sobers better sand II
sobers better rock Ver 2 mod
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
FOTRSU_1.8_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.8
speech_overhaul
New Sounds for Fleetboat_Interior-Officer Quarters mod
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
650_OriginalFOTRS_Dudz
Jimimadrid Metalic Dials
Jimimadrid Sailors for FotRSU
851_Red_FotRSU_Logo
DarkerNightsEnv_V2
Lite Fog v2 + 100' Underwater Visability
Vanilla Impurities
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_SILVERSIDES_SS-236
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_SILVERSIDES_SS-236
BuPers_Mod_Beta_3
jimimadrid HUD
Jimimadrid Optics
jimimadrid Shells
Jimimadrid Tools
Jimimadrid SubManagement
Jimimadrid TDC

Select Your Sub




Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo
Fitz,


try to unmerge my mods from the Menumerger and merge then new.
I added additional Fonts to the menu_1024_768.ini. Maybe they are down.
jimimadrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-23, 02:48 PM   #7
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Somewhere between Buenos Aires and the Bungo Suido
Posts: 4,822
Downloads: 2913
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimimadrid View Post
Fitz,


try to unmerge my mods from the Menumerger and merge then new.
I added additional Fonts to the menu_1024_768.ini. Maybe they are down.
No luck with this.

Many thanks

Fitzcarraldo
__________________



My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-23, 03:51 PM   #8
jimimadrid
spanish graphic guru
 
jimimadrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Augsburg, Germany
Posts: 378
Downloads: 111
Uploads: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
No luck with this.

Many thanks

Fitzcarraldo
OK,


ElCid has changed the Fonts. Therefore the old Fonts will not be able.
We have to create new Fontnumbers for the old Fonts and change the necessary Files in the menu_1024_768.ini.


Please create a text file in the MenuMerge Folder in SH4 Folder.

Rename it to Fontchange.ini ( not .txt)


Add this lines in the Ini file
-------------------------------------------------------

[Main]
Name=Fontchange
Target=DataMenumenu_1024_768.ini
Standalone=yes
Description=Change the Subname Fonts in all Compartments

[Fonts]
Font29=DATA/Menu/Fonts/Agency_16.tga
Font31=DATA/Menu/Fonts/Agency_24.tga

[G61 I41]
UGroup=G61 I1 ; Page Crew
Name=Submarine class
Font= 29

[G61 I42]
UGroup=G61 I1 ; Page Crew
Name=Submarine name
Font= 31

[G3E I30]
UGroup=G3E I1 ; Page Subsystems
Name=Submarine class
Font= 29

[G3E I31]
UGroup=G3E I1 ; Page Subsystems
Name=Submarine name
Font= 31

[G41 I47]
UGroup=G41 I1 ; Page Guns
Name=Submarine class
Font= 29

[G41 I48]
UGroup=G41 I1 ; Page Guns
Name=Submarine name
Font= 31

[G4E I45]
UGroup=G4E I1 ; Page WeaponsAndSensors
Name=Submarine class
Font= 29

[G4E I46]
UGroup=G4E I1 ; Page WeaponsAndSensors
Name=Submarine name
Font= 31

-----------------------------------------------------





Merge the Fontchange with the Menumerger Application.


This schould work
jimimadrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-23, 07:27 PM   #9
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Somewhere between Buenos Aires and the Bungo Suido
Posts: 4,822
Downloads: 2913
Uploads: 0


Default

Many thanks Jimmy!

Tomorrow I'll do it and will report the result.

Best regards

Fitzcarraldo
__________________



My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-23, 06:05 PM   #10
ElCid97
Mate
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 53
Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0
Default

First off, my appologies for the long abscence. Real life was, well, life.

I'm glad you at least got something worked out.

Yes, I did change the "call-ups" for the fonts. I was going down the "ini" file line by line and got to about 60,000 of the 89,000 when I realized I could just change out the "call-ups" for the fonts at the beginning by swapping them out.

The plan was to go down and see what could or could not be changed out with "default" values.

If it didn't work, I was planning on making "dds" files with the typewriter font in the sizes that were replaced so that the lettering would fit better with the lettering that was replaced. That way all I would have to do is replace the "call-ups" at the top and call it a day.

If the single "line-changes" that's been posted actually works well, please let us know and I'll see what can be done to put it out at Verson Beta 4 for testing.

If all well after that I'll release here.

Thanks for all your work helping me on this and for your patience. It's my first REAL mod for this.

Regards,

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-23, 10:01 AM   #11
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Somewhere between Buenos Aires and the Bungo Suido
Posts: 4,822
Downloads: 2913
Uploads: 0


Default

About the font for the sub name in the submanagement, the solution by Jimimadrid works fine, but the font is the original, default. Looks well, but I think if the space for fit the sub name is longer, or the typewriter font size for the sub name is a bit more little, the name of the sub coud be seen with the typewriter font. My one cent comment...

Thanks ElCid and Jimmy for the job!

Fitzcarraldo
__________________



My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-23, 01:35 PM   #12
jimimadrid
spanish graphic guru
 
jimimadrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Augsburg, Germany
Posts: 378
Downloads: 111
Uploads: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
but I think if the space for fit the sub name is longer, or the typewriter font size for the sub name is a bit more little, the name of the sub coud be seen with the typewriter font. My one cent
Fitzcarraldo
You can try to change the withvalue in the zoneline.


[G61 I41]
Zone= 16 717 200 20 0 1 0x61000018 0.5 -1 0x61000019 -0.5 0 0 2

[G61 I42]
Zone= 16 745 200 30 0 1 0x6100001A 0.5 -0.46 0x61000018 -0.5 0.5 0 0


also with the G3E, G41 and G4E sections.


If the space in the graphics are to small, i can change also the graphics.
jimimadrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-23, 07:47 PM   #13
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Somewhere between Buenos Aires and the Bungo Suido
Posts: 4,822
Downloads: 2913
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimimadrid View Post
You can try to change the withvalue in the zoneline.


[G61 I41]
Zone= 16 717 200 20 0 1 0x61000018 0.5 -1 0x61000019 -0.5 0 0 2

[G61 I42]
Zone= 16 745 200 30 0 1 0x6100001A 0.5 -0.46 0x61000018 -0.5 0.5 0 0


also with the G3E, G41 and G4E sections.


If the space in the graphics are to small, i can change also the graphics.
Many thanks, Jimmy. I´ll try this.

Best regards

Fitzcarraldo
__________________



My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.