SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-04-10, 11:07 PM   #1
thaishmafia
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] All Torpedo and Weapon/Sensor Upgrades

This small mod; comprised of two smaller mods(Both files can work independently), allow players to equip all the type of Torpedoes in Silent Hunter 5 and it also allows the players to upgrade their sensors and weapons(Flak), in the docks.

**Renown for for torpedoes not developed yet(ie. Torpedoes available before their actual prototype dates), has been increased to encourage people to wait...but you can still equip them if you want to pay an increased renown cost. This increased renown cost process is also applied to ship upgrades.

*Torpedoes List: T1,T1 LUT I, T2, T3, T3 LUT II, T3 FAT II, T4, T5, T7, T11.
*Upgrades: Too many to list...

Most upgrades depend on type of Uboat too. But, torpedoes work with all types of VII U-Boats.

**Install instructions:
Download Files fron filefront:
Torpedoes: http://www.filefront.com/15772699/Ammunition.upc
Upgrades: http://www.filefront.com/15743899/UpgradePacks.upc

2. **Backup Ammunition.upc and UpgradePacks.upc files both in the "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCUnitsData" and "C:\Users\****\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\UserPlayerCo ntextGE" directorys. Do this in case something goes wrong with install!

3. Copy one of each file to both directorys and replace originals.

4. Load Game...works with saves.

**I would like to credit UBISOFT SH5 for the original files. Free to modify as you wish.

Please Enjoy.
Thaishmafia

Last edited by thaishmafia; 03-08-10 at 01:53 AM.
thaishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 02:04 PM   #2
Belgarion
Watch

Downloads: 53

so why would you want every upgrade from the start at an increased renown cost? :P

i think its great and i will definately take it but die hards won't :P
Belgarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 02:09 PM   #3
Wolfmanjack
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

Dang thanks for this LOL along with the renown and upgrade hack this is going to be fun
Wolfmanjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 08:04 PM   #4
thaishmafia
Swabbie

Hey Belgarion,

Well, I was kinda getting super frustrated when I couldnt get past the "Blockade of Germany" mission...since I couldnt find the stupid aircraft carrier...and when I did and wasnt able to sink it because it was surrounded by like 20 destroyers...and when I reloaded, it disapeared entirely...Also, I cant find the 5 ships I need to sink at the northern patrol area...and no one on the forums will help me...so I figured I would tinker around a bit so I could get a preview of what techs would eventually become available...so I wouldnt loose interest in the game. Plus, I didnt want to make the torpedoes and upgrades free...too arcade like...so I just increased the renown cost to compensate.
Old 03-06-10, 03:23 AM   #5
audihase0815
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hy,
in Harbour "Kiel", before the first misson is start, i cant take Torpedos (T XI (G7es) "Zaunkönig II") or (T V (G7es) "Zaunkönig I") or (T IV (G7es) "Falke"), his not in list.
can you help?

2nd question: can i take in Harbour "Kiel", before the first misson is start, the submarine VIIC41?

kind regards
Old 03-06-10, 08:53 AM   #6
audihase0815
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have it
i have change the "available-date" for these torpedos in this 2 files "Ammunition.upc"
Old 03-06-10, 10:53 AM   #7
thaishmafia
Swabbie

Hey Audihase0815,

Sorry, I might have not tweaked all of the torpedo dates to start from the first mission in Kiel...since there is so much code to go through and double check...but your right...you just need to change the start date in both files in order to make them available...and the last number after the date is the renown cost for that time period.
Old 03-06-10, 11:16 AM   #8
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaishmafia View Post
This small mod

*Upgrades: Too many to list...
Small mod and too many upgrades to list?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 12:54 PM   #9
thaishmafia
Swabbie

Hey Antar,

Yah, its a small mod...doesnt do anything amazing, like adding in new warships and planes or modifying graphics...just a gameplay mod to let people explore the tech options without having to playing many many hours of the SH5 get to the end and see all of the types of torpedoes and ship upgrades available. And yah...if you look in the shippack files...there are alot of upgrades(sonar, radar, ship coatings, hydrophones etc.)...so I decided not to list them.
Old 03-06-10, 08:06 PM   #10
thunder4e
Swabbie

Downloads: 72

need a german note version, can anyone upload it?
thunder4e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 11:46 PM   #11
Punkedit
Watch

I cant get this to work for the life of me. I followed your directions but I did notes that the ammo and upgrade where not in the folders that you listed. Any help please.
Punkedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 12:01 AM   #12
thaishmafia
Swabbie

Hey Punkedit,

Hmm...I have vista, so the directorys might vary a little bit. Ok...the folders you need to backup and also the same folders you will eventually be placing my edited .upc files in:

1st Folder: It should be where you installed SH5(the game, not the launcher)... then follow the path..."Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE"...the folder should have many .upc files in it...like equipment, upgradepacks, ammunition etc.

2nd Folder: This should be located in you My Documents folder normally...as above, follow the path...."Documents\SH5\data\cfg\UserPlayerContextG E"...you should see roughly the same amount/type of .upc files in this folder.

**Make sure you dont put the files in the UPCdata folder!...this folder is right above "UserPlayerContextGE"(the one you need to put the files into)

I hope this helps...I will try to work on an installer.
Old 03-08-10, 12:56 AM   #13
Punkedit
Watch

I do not see a ammunition.upc or UpgradePacks.upc in the folder UPCDataGE but in side that folder in UPCUnitsData those two files (ammunition.upc and upgradepacks.upc) are in there.
Old 03-08-10, 01:47 AM   #14
thaishmafia
Swabbie

Hey Punkedit,

Sorry about the wrong install directory confusion...I modified the instructions...so it should be accurate now. I have not had the game installed for the past couple of days...so I couldnt verify exactly unitl now...but I do now...so everything should work appropiately. I would also redownload my torpedo file...cause I made some minor changes...to allow for all torpedos to be sold from Kiel...from the very beginning.
Old 03-08-10, 12:48 PM   #15
Punkedit
Watch

Okay all is working but now I cant buy anything lol.... is there away to get more renown? I also wanted to ask is there a way to make your Sub run faster under and over the water?