Uploads: 0

Seeing things through foreign glasses:

https://translate.google.de/translat...t-vor-Wut.html
Old 11-16-19, 08:01 AM   #11777
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 11-16-19, 08:33 AM   #11778
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 11-17-19, 05:56 AM   #11779
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I found this 'simple Guide' to the main political parties quite interesting.

The article starts with the SNP but at the bottom of the article are links to all the others.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50349642

Jimbuna is online  
Old 11-17-19, 05:58 AM   #11780
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 11-17-19, 06:17 AM   #11781
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Boris Johnson is expected to launch a 'breakneck' dash for Brexit if he wins a Commons majority by forcing MPs to hold a Christmas withdrawal debate.

He is set to ask the Queen to open Parliament just one week after the December 12 Election and require MPs to return to Westminster on December 23 for a crunch Brexit debate.

The Mail on Sunday understands Mr Johnson's fast-track agenda would allow the Queen to leave for her traditional festive holiday at Sandringham on time and without the threat of having to break her stay for a State Opening of Parliament in January.

Government sources insisted the Prime Minister's likely schedule had not been devised for the 'convenience of Her Majesty'.

But the timetable emerged amid reports that if Mr Johnson fails to win a majority and is forced from office, the Queen may have to postpone her Christmas break and stay in London while Jeremy Corbyn and other party leaders jostle to form a coalition or minority government.

A source said: 'In that nightmare scenario, Her Majesty might have to stay in Buckingham Palace right up until Christmas Eve then interrupt her break in Norfolk to return to open Parliament in January.'

The Queen normally leaves for her Norfolk estate shortly before Christmas and stays there for several weeks.

By recent convention, the State Opening of Parliament takes place two or three weeks after a General Election – partly to allow time for the formal election of the Speaker and also to let more than 600 MPs swear their allegiance to the sovereign.

But Mr Johnson intends to slash that timetable to show his desire to achieve Brexit by the latest deadline, January 31.

He plans to cram the swearing-in process for MPs into just two days to allow Her Majesty to carry out the State Opening on Thursday, December 19 – one week after the Election.

This will surprise parliamentary officials. 'The next State Opening is expected to be in 2020,' says Parliament's official website.

One well-placed Tory source said: 'We'd get the Commons back the following Tuesday – the 17th – to elect the Speaker and then crack on with the swearing in of MPs. Two days later, Her Majesty will deliver the Queen's Speech.

'And we'd be back on the Monday, two days before Christmas Day, to have the Second Reading of the EU Withdrawal Bill.'

No 10 declined to comment.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...id=mailsignout
Nothing beats counting your chickens before they hatch

Jimbuna is online  
Old 11-17-19, 07:14 AM   #11782
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Wise up people all these political parties don't give a dam about you, they lie to you and you believe the lies! Wake up smell the coffee they are all liar's the lot of them stop voting for their lies.

I would gladly vote for a party that tells the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-17-19, 07:35 AM   #11783
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn repeatedly refused to say today whether he wanted the UK to quit the European Union.

The Labour leader was asked five times by the BBC's Andrew Marr what his personal choice would be if he had one.

Mr Corbyn, who officially backed Remain in 2016 but has spent decades calling for the UK to leave the EU - declined to give a definitive answer.

But he admitted that he would like a 'a close relationship with the EU in the future', which may fuel suggestions he would prefer a Labour-style Brexit.

He also suggested he would include Brexiteers in his negotiating team.

Labour's current policy is to negotiate a new Brexit deal if it wins the election, and then put that deal to a second referendum.

But whether or not it backs its own Brexit deal will be decided by a special conference once it knows what the terms are.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...id=mailsignout
Run the country?
I wouldn't trust him to run a bath

Jimbuna is online  
Old 11-17-19, 07:37 AM   #11784
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.economist.com/britain/20...-jeremy-corbyn

Since you need subscription there ^, and probabaly not many have that, I link to the re-translation from the German translation of that article.

https://translate.google.de/translat..._11349941.html

Quote:

In fact, Corbyn is a long way from the cuddly pacifist of Glastonbury lore. At the center of his views is not the opposition to war, but to "Western imperialism". His hostility to the "imperial powers" (especially America and Israel) is so strong that he is willing to seek excuse for "anti-imperial powers" such as Russia and Syria , as well as terrorist organizations like Hezbollah and Hamas.(...)
His sympathy for victims of oppression ends when the countries that oppress him are Vladimir Putin's Russia, Nicolás Maduros Venezuela or - in the 1990s - Slobodan Milosevic's Serbia . In a 2014 speech on the occasion of the 35th anniversary of the Iranian Revolution, he praised the regime's "tolerance and acceptance of other beliefs, traditions and ethnic groups".

Old 11-17-19, 07:42 AM   #11785
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ So very true and hence the reason I left the Labour Party the day after he won the leadership election.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 11-17-19, 07:59 AM   #11786
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Somehow I have a bad feelig about those elections. I have a feeling of that it will not go as Johnson expects. I hope my feeling is wrong.
Old 11-17-19, 08:02 AM   #11787
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Agreed but not in its entirety. This election has so many potential twists and turns anything is possible.
I'm not even confident Brexit will actually happen.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 11-18-19, 06:27 AM   #11788
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 11-18-19, 10:23 AM   #11789
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 11-19-19, 08:12 AM   #11790
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

For anyone whom will be watching this......

Quote:
Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn will face each other later in the first TV debate of the election campaign.

The head-to-head between the Conservative and Labour leaders, hosted by news presenter Julie Etchingham, will be shown on ITV at 20:00 GMT.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50472452

I will not be watching this pile of horse (bleep) as I know they will tell a pack of lies with a good helping of BS. I am going to stick a movie on my day off.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics